NBA Draft Combine: Miller and Wong...

A lot of basketball heights are with shoes. So, the variance can range from very little to quite a bit. Most basketball shoes range from a half inch to a full 2 inches of lift.
What shoes is Miller getting measured in that increases his height by 3-4 inches? High heels? lol

Advertisement
Why the exaggeration of height for all these guys by their schools? Who is fooling who? What's to be gained? Then again, they all play "in shoes," so ... maybe Miller is 6/7, and Sanogo 6/9.
Screenshot_20230518_193324_Message+.jpg
9843.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wong responded well to the ballhandling responsibilities as he dished out 11 assists to three turnovers in the two games including seven assists in the second game on Thursday.

“Sixteen points, 6 of 8 from the field (in the first game) and the one thing that stood out to me was four assists,” said ESPN’s Bobby Marks, a former assistant general manager for the Brooklyn Nets, before the second game. “He led his team last year at the ‘U’ with 3.2 assists and that’s what teams want to see—if he can handle the point guard duties.” He made 17 of 25 shot in a 3-point shooting drill, which put him in a tie for fourth.
In preparing for the combine, Wong was training in Santa Barbara, Calif. fellow draft hopefuls Grant Nelson, Jalen Wilson, Anthony Black, Jarace Walker, Gradey ****, Leonard Miller and Cam Whitmore, who are represented by WME Sports.

Miller had a private workout with a few other guys in front of some of NBA GM's on Thursday night. Spurs and Pistons seem to really like him. They like his length and versatility. Not a lot of muscle but he's longer than they thought. He didn't do too much in the late workout from what I'm told but it's looking like he's teetering somewhere in the 2nd round. How high or low? It depends on who you ask, but that's what I'm hearing. Sounds like Wong's stock has improved as well coming out of Chicago. 1 guy tells me high 2nd round and another guy told me late 2nd. Just passing along what I'm hearing. Don't shoot the messenger.

Thinking of Miller, how does a swing man like Johnny Davis from Wisconsin get to be the 10th overall pick last year by the Wizards? A high first rounder who struggled in the G League this year, got garbage time minutes when he rejoined the Wiz which upped his stats a bit. Averaged 6 ppg, shooting 39% from the field and 24% on his threes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am hoping Sanogo for my Celtics in round 2
If he lasts to round 2 at least 10 GM’s atr the back end of round 1 should be fired. Sanogo is just a basketball player. I don’t care if he’s 6’7” or 6’9” and whether he is a 3 and D player. If Grant Williams can be a productive NBA player and 1st round pick then Sanogo should be as well.

Advertisement
Back