Nayquan Wright

Hicks is an old school linebacker. He just has a nose for the ball and makes plays when they're there to be made.

Joyner, to be determined. He has all the potential in the world, but potential doesn't always equal success.
Completely agree, ill take the proven guy though, especially if your only taking one.

Advertisement
Nayquan Wright is one of my favorite backs. Don’t know the story with his injury or accident but his freshman film was elite. Speed and power at 185. His senior year coming is crucial for him and his future.

Joyner was the most productive defensive player in Dade the past two years. He had 24 sacks as a Jr and 16 as a Sr. I'd say he has a nose for the ball and makes plays too
Never dropped into coverage and was a pass rusher, which is fine, but if your only taking one LB he shouldn't be so one dimensional in my opinion.

He’ll still be low on the board. With McIntosh and Richards they will have a chance at RB.
Ill take Carter and Mellusi b4 him too. Im a Dade guy but I also live in reality as well unlike half these loons/lames. Wright is good but there are several backs better than him on the board. I really like Carter, reminds me of Walton and he still might not make the cut.

Advertisement
staff has dropped the ball with several recruits? lol. how so? I'm sure they didn't drop the ball, they aren't recruiting them for certain reasons.
Thats right dropped the ball. How so? Missing on many highly rated recruits. They are leaps and bounds ahead of last staff but they are still missing more than most will like.

Thats right dropped the ball. How so? Missing on many highly rated recruits. They are leaps and bounds ahead of last staff but they are still missing more than most will like.
I don't know how you can say they "missed" on any highly rated recruits. Maybe they aren't recruiting guys YOU would but that doesn't mean they are MISSING on anyone. Perhaps they arent recruiting them for reasons unknown to any of us....

Never dropped into coverage and was a pass rusher, which is fine, but if your only taking one LB he shouldn't be so one dimensional in my opinion.

I always worry about these type of guys playing (or "converting" to) LB in college. Playing LB requires vision and diagnosing the play more than anything. Those skills aren't developed when a guy has always just pursued the QB. Having great speed and requisite size isn't enough in itself.

I don't know how you can say they "missed" on any highly rated recruits. Maybe they aren't recruiting guys YOU would but that doesn't mean they are MISSING on anyone. Perhaps they arent recruiting them for reasons unknown to any of us....
Ummm their certain guys everyone in the nation recruited and we missed on TC PS2 Jobe Xavier Williams and many that could contribute here Nik Bonitto,Andrew Chatfield, Samuelsb Troutmon, Briggs, Chatman, Wilson.

Advertisement
I always worry about these type of guys playing (or "converting" to) LB in college. Playing LB requires vision and diagnosing the play more than anything. Those skills aren't developed when a guy has always just pursued the QB. Having great speed and requisite size isn't enough in itself.
Agree, and maybe if we took more than one LB i wouldnt be so critical but we should have taken hicks.

Agree, and maybe if we took more than one LB i wouldnt be so critical but we should have taken hicks.

I'm glad we took Joyner. Hicks ran a 5.1 40 last year. He's just slow.

Joyner is a far better athlete. And people who say he's one-dimensional never even have seen him play. The kid played the exact same OLB/rush DE that Sam Brooks plays. Sometimes he'd rush, other times he'd drop back as a traditional LB.

People choose the weirdest prospects to fantasize over, while trying to bash what we have/are recruiting. Flipping Joyner from FSU was a major win, and recruiting guys like Sanders, McIntosh, and Mellusi over Wright is also the right call

Advertisement
You guys are comparing him to Robert Burns? Huge mistake. He knows what he's living and fighting for, and I'd be willing to bet he's gonna get it. I'll have a two part story on him shortly. If allowed, I will post it here.
He reminds me alot of noelle Devine. I definitely wouldnt write him off but he wont be coming here regardless.

that is a solid point. but the bloodlines of joyner make me think he is going to be the goods.
joyners daddy never bizarro. Get your game up.
download (8).jpeg

Advertisement
I'm glad we took Joyner. Hicks ran a 5.1 40 last year. He's just slow.

Joyner is a far better athlete. And people who say he's one-dimensional never even have seen him play. The kid played the exact same OLB/rush DE that Sam Brooks plays. Sometimes he'd rush, other times he'd drop back as a traditional LB.

People choose the weirdest prospects to fantasize over, while trying to bash what we have/are recruiting. Flipping Joyner from FSU was a major win, and recruiting guys like Sanders, McIntosh, and Mellusi over Wright is also the right call
I said it b4 i dont care about 40 times. Did you see Hicks at the UA game? How many times have you seen these players play live? When you bring up Brooks it is clear that you are not understanding my point.

Advertisement
Back