Nayquan Wright Question

Advertisement
They aren’t recruiting Wright at this stage.

So is it safe to say the board is:

1) Cain
2) McIntosh
3) Carter
4) Wright

Or would you put someone like Glover Cook or Keshawn King from Oakleaf in that four spot?

Don’t think they’re high on Cain but let me check

Pretty sure the feeling is mutual the way he flirts with the high $$$ programs on Twitter.
Hate it too, helluva talent.

UM

Advertisement
I just wonder will the depth start to hurt the future of recruiting for Miami, because will top recruits be willing to come in and compete for playing time!! Now of days recruits want to attend schools where they are will WIN but can play early, SO with Miami recruiting at a high level, I just wonder will that factor hurt the future of certain positions!!
Alabama has had the No.1 class 5 of he past 6 years. The best kids want to go to the best programs. Not good enough was an excuse for recruiting. Now it's going to be 'too much talent?'. Eff that. Just win.

Ohio St. and FSU have had those problems as well, to a lesser degree than that of Bama. So long as coaches show they know what they're doing and kids know they'll develop and have TV exposure along with going to the next level, then we won't have issues.

I don't know what problem you're talking about. Ohio State is consistently the second best recruiting program to Alabama, and FSU is top 5. They are great at recruiting, so it's clear that they're not being held back by having too much talent.

Saying one kid, here or there, goes elsewhere because of that is irrelevant. Other kids want to come because of the success. And success leads to kids getting drafted, which also attracts top talent.

The reality is that the top programs recruit the top kids, meaning on balance, there's no excuse to be had for excess talent. Anyone raising that as a problem needs to just give up.

Wasn't really a "problem". Just a perceived obstacle. But my point still stands - if you have a competent coaching staff that can develop talent and put a team in a position to win 10+ games a season; you won't have recruiting issues.

Advertisement
Back