Navaughn Donaldson

It’s tough to say for sure because he’s wearing a jacket and his lower body is obscured, not to mention the pic is grainy and looks like it was taken with a 1987 Polaroid. But it’s promising, nonetheless. That’s what a lineman should look like. If he steps up this year, that’d be huge for us.

Advertisement
It’s tough to say for sure because he’s wearing a jacket and his lower body is obscured, not to mention the pic is grainy and looks like it was taken with a 1987 Polaroid. But it’s promising, nonetheless. That’s what a lineman should look like. If he steps up this year, that’d be huge for us.
exactly why i posted the pic and started the thread.

anyone have personal knowledge of what shape he is in? has he lost weight? etc.

Scaife probably has a small lead at RT heading into fall.
Any chance someone is replacing Gaynor, or nah? Feel like Scaife isn't strong enough to be a Guard, but also like he's definitely one of the 5 best olineman we have.... Him switching to Center is out of the question?

Any chance someone is replacing Gaynor, or nah? Feel like Scaife isn't strong enough to be a Guard, but also like he's definitely one of the 5 best olineman we have.... Him switching to Center is out of the question?
Unless something catastrophic happens Gaynor will start game one

Advertisement
If anything I think it was Vaughn who took some reps at center. I also am in the class I do not see Gaynor as a next level NFL guy, BUT I do think he is smart, and is good enough to compete in the ACC, with better guard play I expect him to play better.

He is thinner. I actually saw him in the parking lot of Publix w/in the last 2 weeks. He is still a very large human, but he appears to be in decent shape.

I actually see a ton of guys around campus (I use the gym) and generally speaking, the kids look great. IMO, from a physical perspective, these kids look better than I've seen in many, many years.

Advertisement
He is thinner. I actually saw him in the parking lot of Publix w/in the last 2 weeks. He is still a very large human, but he appears to be in decent shape.

I actually see a ton of guys around campus (I use the gym) and generally speaking, the kids look great. IMO, from a physical perspective, these kids look better than I've seen in many, many years.
at last, the report that i've been looking for. i too use that publix and the wellness center, but i just haven't seen him.

Folks, we have a publix parking lot scouting report!! ;)

Advertisement

When Ibietas dad noticed how many guys were in the gym lifting on their day off, I was kinda surprised that a dad would mention that exclusively. I thought this was common practice.

But apparently, a lot of guys have made some strides. People said Ivey looks great, Donaldson being in good shape and we have a second-year receiver breaking records. Brinson also gained some mass according to his IG and looks really good.

So, I've been using the UM gym since 2002 (with some periods at other gyms too but largely at UM for all these years). It was closed to alumni during Covid but I'm back again since May or June. Anyways, I've routinely bumped into the kids on campus over the years. This team looks the part more than I can recall any team looking the part. It appears to me that we are doing a much, much better job (a) recruiting physically developed kids AND (b) continuing to further their development in the weight room.

And to @Hogan, yes, Ivey is one of the guys I bumped into and he looks like an NFL guy. Long, lean, muscular. It's why I haven't given up on him because he looks the part. Hoping he can translate this into a big year.

Now, Manny needs to exchange the looks into actual, you know, wins because this isn't a bodybuilding contest.

Advertisement
There are clearer pictures of big foot.
Angry Isis, this is so true!🤣 I almost choked on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich when i read this 🤣

But I must admit that love the news about Big Vaughan and I am hopeful because he can be a game changer on the inside when he is in shape

Last edited:
When Ibietas dad noticed how many guys were in the gym lifting on their day off, I was kinda surprised that a dad would mention that exclusively. I thought this was common practice.

But apparently, a lot of guys have made some strides. People said Ivey looks great, Donaldson being in good shape and we have a second-year receiver breaking records. Brinson also gained some mass according to his IG and looks really good.
Ivey looks like a freak. Now we need him to just play like one and this could be the best secondary pound for pound we have had since 2005.

I heard Rivers moving to guard is a big upgrade, with him on the other side our run game should be improved
Problem remains that Gaynor is too weak physically, but Rivers and Donaldson should give us the power inside to improve the running game. We good at LT with Nelson, but still concerned about RT. There is ample size there, but they are slow of foot. John Campbell, Williams or Walker need to be a lot better.

Advertisement
Back