Natty Thread TCU vs. UGA

Advertisement
I mean it really is shocking. Richt was considered an elite recruiter, but it's like UGA went from junior varsity to all world in a few years when they replaced Richt with Smart. I am genuinely interested in what changed at UGA. Haven't seen any articles or anything that touched on the differences.
Yep... complete mystery. I mean... he went on to light the world on fire at UM, so it's very befuddling.

Talent, talent, talent. We need to keep stacking top 5 classes that even a corch like Kirby (or Mario) can't mess up.
but Kirby can coach. hes just not an offensive coach but his prints are all over the D esp the secondary. he struggled w his O hires and their offense was trash and kept holding them back. it changed w his third OC and the addition of bowers

Advertisement
but Kirby can coach. hes just not an offensive coach but his prints are all over the D esp the secondary. he struggled w his O hires and their offense was trash and kept holding them back. it changed w his third OC and the addition of bowers
So you’re saying there’s a chance???

Impact them like how? They had a great season. No silverware but they were 5-7 last season
they had a season wed dream of this year. it was their best year ever in year 1 of a new coach taking over a team that under 500 or barely above the last four years. they haven't been good in years.

Everyone who watched UGA Richt’s last 5 years saw they underperformed majorly. He had the rosters to do damage and was very nehh.

Something I consistently heard from Georgia fans was this: “Oh Richt, he’s a nice guy, but that’s the problem… he’s a nice guy”.

Advertisement
So you’re saying there’s a chance???
there's always a chance as long as we dont remain stubborn. Mario can stack talent, but hes gotta evolve as a coach in terms of philosophy if he wants to see results otherwise youre just gonna be the butt end of the UGA jokes when they lost in big games under smart bc their O couldn't do ****

So we just need Cristobal to fire Gattis, then fire the next guy after him, and we'll be rolling with #3. Might be a good time to start with step 1 of the plan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
l
So we just need Cristobal to fire Gattis, then fire the next guy after him, and we'll be rolling with #3. Might be a good time to start with step 1 of the plan.
lol the issue isnt just the OC. its the man hiring the OC. you can fire JG and hire another guy running the same crap. until Mario evolves, we wont move forward. well def have more talent though. I do think Mario will eventually change his mindset bc hes not gonna wanna fail here out of all places

Mario can coach OL too. He is just not a schematic guy. He just infatuated with beating brains in. Credit to him, he getting the OL to do it

You don't think he was a good coach?
By good do you mean… he recruited well, developed players, you could trust him with your son, field a consistently competitive team and is a good human being?… Yes!

Was he ever going to win a national championship ANYWHERE? I don’t think so.

Advertisement
Back