National Title Game - who ya got???

It's not even the rule that bothers most people, it's the punishment. Players shouldn't be ejected for targeting. If NFL players aren't being ejected, then college players certainly shouldn't be.

Just make it a 15 yard penalty and call it a day. No need to eject a player for being physical.
I do agree with this but even at the NFL level you can't touch receivers anymore. Trying to police big hits has created rules where defenses can no longer dominate. These know the risk when they signed up to play the game. Make them sign waivers or some **** or don't play.

Advertisement
Devonta Smith... I know he’s a great college receiver but how do you all think he will fare and transition to the NFL with more physical DBs? He’s fast and quick but looks kind of rail thin.
He reminds me so much of Anthony Carter. Similar build, same impact. Carter wasn’t as dominant in the NFL as he was in college but also played in the USFL.

Advertisement
Fcking Wr’s running wide open everywhere.Smith might catch 20 balls for 300 yds tonight...OSU gameplan sounds like Manny’s defense..let them get to the red zone and see if they can stop them.You’re not stopping Bama in the red zone..STUPID STUPID plan if

Targeting is not bull****. It could use some modifications of the rule, but the idea that players should be just sitting ducks … silly.
That was clear targeting. A dangerous play where the defender could have got a serious kneck or spine injury on that play.

It is as much to protect the defender as well as the receiver. That's why the rule exists.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shaun Wade is terrible man, sh*t so funny to me. Everyone knows he be getting cooked every game. He went from a first round corner before the season to idk what right now lol

Advertisement
Devonta smith is the best receiver I’ve ever seen at the college level and I’m not exaggerating

Advertisement
Back