National Championship

Impersonation not impression. Well I guess everyone thinks that the spread is the way to go. Look what's going on with Oregon. Can't score a lick when the offense is on the bench and the defense is getting pounded by the ground game. Alabama would've beaten OSU if they had a good QB. Pro offense will always prevail.

So...you cannot win a championship running the spread???

Somebody should tell Urban Meyer.

Have you seen how they kept Oregon's offense on the sideline? All ground and pound and keep the clock running. Yes OSU runs the spread but they changed their whole game plan just to beat that gimmicky offense

So to be clear you can't win the big one running the spread. But if you do you have to keep the other team on the sideline. But the pro offense will always prevail...except last week when the #1 and #3 teams in the country who ran pro offenses lost to teams that run the spread.

Now it makes sense!!!

Advertisement
I'm miserable myself, Canes suck, Meyer wins, OSU wins, next year we sucking, Michigan is going to get better, UF is making changes and care about football, FSU reloads though I think this is the beginning of jumbos downfall since there is no more Winston so back to losing to NC state (can't even say losing to us smh). The heat, Dolphins, canes, Marlins all suck. Lol

Urban winning with the team who started our downward spiral is just the icing on the **** cake that is Miami football. Amazing what a program can achieve if they care enough to hire elite coaches, even through sanctions, clouds, and scandals.

I agree. I go back to Urban's record and Steve Spurriers record, and I look at Goldens record....it doesn't matter when or where you coach, you are what your record is....

Alabama would've beaten OSU with a good QB? Huh? Blake Simms was good all year and his subpar performance in the Sugar had a little to do with OSU's defence I'd say. The vaunted Bama defense had more to do with that loss than anything.

You are right about their defense but Sims threw 3 Ints that game. I don't care what anyone says. Pro style offenses will always prevail. Combine that with a good defense and your set to win National Championships. I will tell you this the SEC isn't winning any championships anytime soon.

Are you drunk? Alabama will run a pro style offense next year AND have a great defense which would mean they were set to win a NC (in your words) but an SEC team isn't going to win a championship anytime soon. Even though Alabama will have the perfect recipe to win one next year in your estimation.

Advertisement
Impersonation not impression. Well I guess everyone thinks that the spread is the way to go. Look what's going on with Oregon. Can't score a lick when the offense is on the bench and the defense is getting pounded by the ground game. Alabama would've beaten OSU if they had a good QB. Pro offense will always prevail.

Have you seen how they kept Oregon's offense on the sideline? All ground and pound and keep the clock running. Yes OSU runs the spread but they changed their whole game plan just to beat that gimmicky offense

So to be clear you can't win the big one running the spread. But if you do you have to keep the other team on the sideline. But the pro offense will always prevail...except last week when the #1 and #3 teams in the country who ran pro offenses lost to teams that run the spread.

Now it makes sense!!!

Lol I Never mentioned the you can't win the big one running the spread. Now since you mentioned it, your chances of winning it all are slim with the spread. Come on FSU wasn't good at all, all year. Bama isn't what they were and you knew it was coming. Seriously you just like to argue.

Alabama would've beaten OSU with a good QB? Huh? Blake Simms was good all year and his subpar performance in the Sugar had a little to do with OSU's defence I'd say. The vaunted Bama defense had more to do with that loss than anything.

You are right about their defense but Sims threw 3 Ints that game. I don't care what anyone says. Pro style offenses will always prevail. Combine that with a good defense and your set to win National Championships. I will tell you this the SEC isn't winning any championships anytime soon.

Are you drunk? Alabama will run a pro style offense next year AND have a great defense which would mean they were set to win a NC (in your words) but an SEC team isn't going to win a championship anytime soon. Even though Alabama will have the perfect recipe to win one next year in your estimation.

I think I may have put 2 sentences together. Meaning bamas defense this past season wasn't any good. Idk about next year.

Now it makes sense!!!

Lol I Never mentioned the you can't win the big one running the spread. Now since you mentioned it, your chances of winning it all are slim with the spread. Come on FSU wasn't good at all, all year. Bama isn't what they were and you knew it was coming. Seriously you just like to argue.

You did mention that the Pro Style offense "will always prevail"....didn't you? I was just pointing out two examples that it didn't. Not trying to argue, but the spread isn't going anywhere anytime soon and if you have access to elite athletes who would excel in it you may want to consider it. Because you CAN win a championship with it.

Advertisement
That's it for me. Done with college football.

Yeah, it is all about the money. As the military researcher James F. Dunnigan detailed in his book How To Make War "Victory goes to the Bigger Battalions."

O$Uck spends, according to their "reported" figure, upwards of $122 MILLION for athletics. $ucknuts will say that not a dime comes from taxpayers or school subsidies...BS.

Take a look at this:

https://recsports.osu.edu/facilities/recreation-physical-activity-center-rpac

Yep, built with Ohio Taxpayer funds due to it being a "recreational" facility. Guess what "students" get first dibs on all this equipment and staff? Yep, all their athletic department facilities, but if they are being used by in-season athletes, the RPAC is standing by...

The playoff committee proved the opposite of what it was sold on: You can play a weak out of conference schedule, lose to your only Power 5 out of conference opponent at home, but still get in beating up on your weak conference foes at the end.

TCU would have won this game, but being private, they never got the chance.

Thanks to Marky Mark Emmert, college football in ten years will be a contest between 10-15 teams who spend the $150 Million to $200 Million a year in athletics.

Done indeed.

Anybody who calls a spread offense a gimmick simply doesn't understand football. They don't do anything different, inside zone is still inside zone, outside zone is still outside zone, power is still power. It's all a off-shoot of a under center offense slightly tweaked due to being in the shotgun.

Pro offense will prevail LMAO!!!!!!

Advertisement
I understand this; have a strong QB, Great Offensive line, running back and you don't need gimmicks to win! And a D like the one we saw from OSU and you win championships!

Oregon is over rated!

Advertisement
Back