National Championship

VA_Cane_54

Sophomore
This Oregon defensive line is doing a **** good Miami defensive line impression.

Like a crap through a goose.

Advertisement
OSU won this game at the LOS. Surprised me though. I thought Oregon had a better defense than this. I also haven't seen anything special from the defensive coach either. But his guys are usually in position but blocked and that tells me it is a talent issue. With this probable conclusion, who can really say that maybe the 8th best team could have gotten on a roll and won this playoff? After all the college football I watched this year, am having a hard time believing OSU is the best team at the end.

Advertisement
Impersonation not impression. Well I guess everyone thinks that the spread is the way to go. Look what's going on with Oregon. Can't score a lick when the offense is on the bench and the defense is getting pounded by the ground game. Alabama would've beaten OSU if they had a good QB. Pro offense will always prevail.

What a horrible game! Oregon shows why these gimmicky styles don't work when they count! OSU is showing how a great QB and a great RB can eliminate any fast paced Offense. As much as I want OSU to lose, the coach and players deserve the victory! Sad to say that OSU will be in the mix for the next couple of years!

Go CANES!!!

Impersonation not impression. Well I guess everyone thinks that the spread is the way to go. Look what's going on with Oregon. Can't score a lick when the offense is on the bench and the defense is getting pounded by the ground game. Alabama would've beaten OSU if they had a good QB. Pro offense will always prevail.

So...you cannot win a championship running the spread???

Somebody should tell Urban Meyer.

Advertisement
Alabama would've beaten OSU with a good QB? Huh? Blake Simms was good all year and his subpar performance in the Sugar had a little to do with OSU's defence I'd say. The vaunted Bama defense had more to do with that loss than anything.

So...you cannot win a championship running the spread???

Somebody should tell Urban Meyer.

Have you seen how they kept Oregon's offense on the sideline? All ground and pound and keep the clock running. Yes OSU runs the spread but they changed their whole game plan just to beat that gimmicky offense

Bama and the Noles were both grossly overrated all year.

Frankly, TCU is probably the best team int eh country.

Oregon is who we thought they were. A flashy all sizzle team that cannot grind out tough wins.

This just about does it for me with CFB. Can't stand OSU. Can't stand Urbie. Golden's Canes suck so much they're nauseating and no one cares enough to change things. I HATE CFB right now. Not watching next season. Maybe not ever.

Advertisement
Urban winning with the team who started our downward spiral is just the icing on the **** cake that is Miami football. Amazing what a program can achieve if they care enough to hire elite coaches, even through sanctions, clouds, and scandals.

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of the spread by any means, but some of you guys are being a bit ridiculous saying Oregon can't win with the gimmicky offense. They are an elite college football team who is consistently at the top of the rankings. Keep in mind it was only a few years ago Oregon was leading Auburn in the title game with 2:33 left and if not for everyone in the world thinking Dyer was down when his hand hit the ground before he got up and ran another 37 yards, Oregon would have likely won that championship game with this gimmicky offense.

This just about does it for me with CFB. Can't stand OSU. Can't stand Urbie. Golden's Canes suck so much they're nauseating and no one cares enough to change things. I HATE CFB right now. Not watching next season. Maybe not ever.

I have watched more nfl the last few yrs than I ever have. It passes the time

Urban Meyer can walk through south Florida and take any talent he wants now.
The only thing stopping him is what playing time will be available to take from the freshman and sophomore starters on his young team.
What a stock pile of talent he has accumulated in such a short time.
Backups behind backups.
There won't be any VT type losses for them next year.
The state of the U right now is very, very depressing. No upside in sight.
I'll try to wash this night out of my mind tonight.

Just have to add: I hope the BOT members were watching and enjoying tonights game. Losers!

Alabama would've beaten OSU with a good QB? Huh? Blake Simms was good all year and his subpar performance in the Sugar had a little to do with OSU's defence I'd say. The vaunted Bama defense had more to do with that loss than anything.

You are right about their defense but Sims threw 3 Ints that game. I don't care what anyone says. Pro style offenses will always prevail. Combine that with a good defense and your set to win National Championships. I will tell you this the SEC isn't winning any championships anytime soon.

Advertisement
Back