National brand - National schedule

OP how many times has an undefeated power 5 team missed the playoffs since the new system started?
We have the 65th ranked schedule.

If they are deciding amongst a couple of P5 teams with 11-1 records and top 10 strength of schedules who are you going to pick?

Advertisement
Here is the correct formula:
1 FCS team (Home Only)
1 Group of 5 Team (Home and Away)
1 Power 5 Historically Average to Weak Team (Home and Away) - California, Indiana, etc.
1 Power 5 Historically Above Average to Strong Team (Home and Away) - Florida, Notre Dame, etc.

If they are deciding amongst a couple of P5 teams with 11-1 records and top 10 strength of schedules who are you going to pick?
We play in the side of the ACC without clemson

Answer my question

Is Dabo a ***** along with the AD for scheduling cupcakes as I posted before?

Yes or no

This isn't 1987 anymore. Teams don't play these games anymore. You'll play a home and home but that's it. You want to have a bunch of home games, win them all to put yourself in position to win your conference or get an at large spot.

Advertisement
65th ranked schedule has got to stop. We could be 12-0, play a ****** game, yet win in the ACC championship and still not make the final 4.
We do that, we are back and in the playoffs. I would be one happy old alum! I was thinking 3 losses and/or a pandemic derailment. 🙂

We're also playing: App st., So. miss, miami (ohio), Ball State and FAMU. Nobody wants to see these teams except for maybe you and the lazy *** Blake James.
These days we can’t even count on beating these schools. We aren’t exactly a big time program anymore.

We are in the ACC coastal, whichever power 5 team is tied with us gets the nod if we are not conference champions wether we added Oregon state or whichever other power 5 opponent. As much as you want to add a good team, they don’t want a game they can lose, because in most cases the equation is the same- beat the teams on your schedule and win your conference and you are in. The only conference champions that are getting left out are multiple loss champs in a year when the sec has two top tier teams that enter their conference title game with 1 or zero losses and two undefeated conference champs from the other power 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
DISCLAIMER: beat FIU and LA Tech first.

Miami needs to stop scheduling teams like Wagner, Central Conneticut, BCU, FAMU, and go to a more national schedule. Teams like USC, UW, PSU, TX, OK, OSU, MI.

Scheduling lesser teams doesn't help with recruiting or put fans in the stands. While scheduling the top teams would help with both.
If we win don’t matter who we play , look at Clemson they barely play anyone and now is looked at as a national brand because they always winning

Advertisement
If we win don’t matter who we play , look at Clemson they barely play anyone and now is looked at as a national brand because they always winning
You're right about Clemson's schedule. But the SEC powers are always using the strength of the SEC schedule against us with recruits and they can get away with 2-3 cupcakes.

We already play in a very weak ACC Coastal and you're arguing to load the schedule up with more cupcakes?
Not our fault the Coastal sucks....No matter where UM has been...Independent...Big East...ACC...always a contingent that starts that "We don't play anyone BS"....Our record vs Top 5 Teams the past 35+ yrs speaks volumes....Its not UMs responsibility to teach the ACC Coastal how to win games...thats on them...Go look at Clemson's schedule if you want to ridicule a team...or the Gators...

Stop. This isn’t Xbox you can’t just schedule whoever you want. Those teams want 1 good team and 3 rollover wins at home. We thankfully aren’t Wagner type of terrible and certainly don’t fit the bill as a top team either

And to be real, we are scheduling above or at our weight with a team like temple. If you think we’re light years better than C-USA or MAC teams idk what you’ve been watching

It’s 2020 and athletic departments schedule for money purposes. Home games, especially for teams that sell out every week, are worth a ton of money. They’re worth so much that a team would rather pay a FCS or G5 punching bag to play in their stadium than schedule a home/home against another P5 team and lose that extra home game for one season. Yes, home and homes still happen but long running OOC rivalry games aren’t as prevalent as they were. They’re being replaced by “neutral site” games that pay out big $$$ to both teams.

We want Miami to schedule more big name opponents because that’s the rare occasion the stadium is sold out. For teams that sell out every game, why bother scheduling home and homes against Miami? They don’t need us to sell tickets. They’ll get 80,000 people to show up for a game against an FCS team. In the modern world of 9 game conference schedules and big money neutral site games, scheduling three or four big name OOC teams doesn’t exist. It’s really not that different of a schedule than when Miami played in the Big East. Just FSU is a conference game and the bottom teams of the ACC are better than the bottom teams of the Big East.

Advertisement
OP, you’re getting pummeled, and rightly so.

Time to take the L and regroup because you sound like a simpleton with no clue about how college football scheduling works in the 21st century.

Do a little research into the OOC schedule of other P5 teams and get back to me and tell me which cupcake Michigan, or Penn State, or LSU, or Bammer is going to cancel to schedule that additional game with us.

OP, you’re getting pummeled, and rightly so.

Time to take the L and regroup because you sound like a simpleton with no clue about how college football scheduling works in the 21st century.

Do a little research into the OOC schedule of other P5 teams and get back to me and tell me which cupcake Michigan, or Penn State, or LSU, or Bammer is going to cancel to schedule that additional game with us.
Hey knuckleheads, one more time.

65th ranked schedule gets us low attendance, recruiting ammunition for SEC teams to use against us, little prestige and an invitation for the playoff committee to use it against us.

If you want to carry on making excuses for Blake the Snowflake go right ahead.

65th ranked schedule gets us low attendance, recruiting ammunition for SEC teams to use against us, little prestige and an invitation for the playoff committee to use it against us.

"playoff committee" ???

LOL

Advertisement

How about this? I will let you call the SEC or other P5 conference schools you think we should schedule, and you can talk them into dropping their cupcake games, so they can play us.

I’m sure they’ll go along.

Make it a home and home while you’re at it.

Blakes job is to act like a P5 AD of the marquee national brand in college football and yes, make a deal with another P5 team.

Advertisement
Back