2024 Nate Frazier 4* RB from Mater Dei (Compton)

However you're making the assumption well only be using them as running backs rather than versatile weapons. For instance I can tell you factually the plan last season for rooster prior to all the positional injuries kicking in was to use him ALL OVER the field. Much like (to quote a ufag legend)Percy harvin was used. The idea isn't to play them inside of a box. It's versatility and speed throughout. Weapons all over the field.

Advertisement
However you're making the assumption well only be using them as running backs rather than versatile weapons. For instance I can tell you factually the plan last season for rooster prior to all the positional injuries kicking in was to use him ALL OVER the field. Much like (to quote a ufag legend)Percy harvin was used. The idea isn't to play them inside of a box. It's versatility and speed throughout. Weapons all over the field.
The prototypical NFL back is 5'11" 215-220. Frazier is almost already there and will get there without even trying. He's who you go after. CJ & CWH don't have the frames or builds to approach these measurables. They're not RBs... they're weapons you like to have to deploy in certain situations. I have no problem making and taking exceptions, but if you make a habit of it, then it's not an exception anymore and you're relying on body types not suited to the task.

Nowhere did I say that they would only be used as running backs. In my post I said that they are weapons you use in different situations, so we agree on that. If I'm assuming anything it's that championship level programs typically need real RBs and CJ & CWJ ain't that.

This ⬆️ 💯

This is something that confused me last year - why didn't wenb use Knighton as a receiver more last year?

He got more targets in 2020 (when he was the #2/3 RB) and in 2021 (when he was the #1 RB) than he did in 2022 when our WR's were pretty weak.

Do you have insight into why that was? It would seem the injuries would open the door to using him more.

Advertisement
This is something that confused me last year - why didn't wenb use Knighton as a receiver more last year?

He got more targets in 2020 (when he was the #2/3 RB) and in 2021 (when he was the #1 RB) than he did in 2022 when our WR's were pretty weak.

Do you have insight into why that was? It would seem the injuries would open the door to using him more.
Not sure. I'd assume it was simply a depth thing since he's a fragile sort.

He was also dropping balls last year. Think we spread him out a few times and he dropped some easy catches.
Yeah - it seemed like the combo of dependability (drops & fumbles), performance, durability, lack of creativity in the offense - all played a part.

Last year was just the perfect storm of fail in so many areas at every position.

Advertisement
Rumors r swirling this kid may pick UGA. Here’s my concern if he goes anywhere but Bama; this was Bama’s #1 RB, so if he commits to any of those 3 schools that’s not them, do they go after their #2 which was Riley?
I don't like where you are going with this Rell but you are right on point. That's a tough situation but I trust we would emerge from the smoke relatively unscathed. Even if Riley does flip to Bama, we will find a talented RB out there and bring him into the fold. Don't misunderstand, I don't want to lose Riley under any circumstances but if it were to happen it wouldn't be catastrophic by any means. It would sting but it certainly wouldn't kill us. There are lots of talented RBs out there who would come here in an instant.

Advertisement
I don't like where you are going with this Rell but you are right on point. That's a tough situation but I trust we would emerge from the smoke relatively unscathed. Even if Riley does flip to Bama, we will find a talented RB out there and bring him into the fold. Don't misunderstand, I don't want to lose Riley under any circumstances but if it were to happen it wouldn't be catastrophic by any means. It would sting but it certainly wouldn't kill us. There are lots of talented RBs out there who would come here in an instant.

Yeah, and I’m not saying that he will or won’t, but I know Frazier was UO’s #1 back & they’ve already circled back to their #2.

I can unequivocally tell u that Frazier was Bama’s main target, and w/ these rumors about him to UGA making rounds, it left me feeling a little tense. Bama is missing a RB & WR this class, now, and frankly I’m always uneasy when Bama is lurking b/c they r notorious strong finishers by ANY means.

Yeah, and I’m not saying that he will or won’t, but I know Frazier was UO’s #1 back & they’ve already circled back to their #2.

I can unequivocally tell u that Frazier was Bama’s main target, and w/ these rumors about him to UGA making rounds, it left me feeling a little tense. Bama is missing a RB & WR this class, now, and frankly I’m always uneasy when Bama is lurking b/c they r notorious strong finishers by ANY means.
No doubt. I feel just as uneasy when it comes to that soulless football factory. They are like the Borg from Star Trek just assimilating whoever they want or need and historically there has been little no nothing to be done about it.

My hope here is that Cristobal's prowess as a recruiter will serve to stem the tide(pardon the pun).

Advertisement
Probably but he should’ve gone to Bosco. It’s closer to Compton.

That’s not how the Trinity Leagues work, bro. Lol. Me & some old heads I met a couple days ago were talking about that. Man, we didn’t hear **** about no Mater Dei, Bosco or any of em. It was all about Compton Dominguez, Crenshaw, Dorsey, Carson, Banning, San Pedro, Garfield, Poly.

I blame Concord De La Salle for this, b/c they were poaching all the kids around inner cities, offering scholarships, dominating HS FB. The private, Catholic Schools in So Cal start doing the same, and the inner city public schools start losing all of their best players. Don’t matter that Bosco is closer, if Mater Dei wants u and u in Compton, Pasadena, Long Beach, Inglewood, it don’t matter. All them Trinity League Schools just poach all around So Cal.

Last edited:
Chris Johnson please and thank you

The prototypical NFL back is 5'11" 215-220. Frazier is almost already there and will get there without even trying. He's who you go after. CJ & CWH don't have the frames or builds to approach these measurables. They're not RBs... they're weapons you like to have to deploy in certain situations. I have no problem making and taking exceptions, but if you make a habit of it, then it's not an exception anymore and you're relying on body types not suited to the task.
Like Mannys linebacker recruits

Advertisement
Back