Narduzzi Uncertain if Pickett will Play

All I keep seeing is how Pitt is no where near Clemson as if that means this team with this coaching isn’t capable of losing. Is Miami the better team? Sure but until they show they can shake off a loss and bounce back and come out firing, I’m not counting anything an automatic win.

The name calling for against people who aren’t blindly calling a win is weak

Advertisement
Game was 16-12 last year. Have no clue how we won that game. Last year is a blur.

That said, I am not going to use one game as a measuring stick for how this offense plays. After the FSU game we were all saying how we needed to hurry up and give Lashlee a lifetime contract because he would definitely be gone after this season. Now hes a bum and we might lose to Pitt or barely beat them?

You guys are too phucking much. Stop being whining a$$ girls. Pitt is no way close to Clemson. Not even in the same league. Its disrespectful to Clemson to even assume we would not stomp out Pitt because that would assume Pitt and Clemson are on the same planet. They are not. Its one thing to have the blueprint on how to beat someone, its another thing to actually have the personnel to do it. Pitt can copy all the schemes from Clemson they want but unless they can borrow some of the same players for one afternoon, it wont help.

We will beat Pitt and cover. Lets move on to UVA..
They already kinda run a poor man’s version of what Clemson did to us.

They have a solid DL that is stout against the run and makes a lot of plays in the backfield (although they haven’t played anyone with a half-decent rush attack). They leave their CBs on an island, just like Clemson did, but the Pitt CBs are getting abused.

Both NC State and BC had their WRs feast on the Pitt CBs. That's how you beat Pitt. I have to imagine seeing what Clemson did, Pitt dares our WRs to beat their CBs. If our guys can't win this matchup when NC State and BC did, then we have big problems going forward.

On the other side of the ball, they cant run the ball for ****. The pass game is slow-developing deep routes (Whipple). If Pickett is even a little banged up, or DL should feast. If a one-dimensional team with a banged-up QB even gets to 21, that's too many. We should roll.

All I keep seeing is how Pitt is no where near Clemson as if that means this team with this coaching isn’t capable of losing. Is Miami the better team? Sure but until they show they can shake off a loss and bounce back and come out firing, I’m not counting anything an automatic win.

I respect you has a poster. But calling a spade a spade. One loss can’t define us as a fan base or a team. Clemson is over now. Time to get back on track. We are still that team that was 3-0 and looked good doing it. We can prove that on Saturday at 12pm and we will I believe.

Advertisement
I respect you has a poster. But calling a spade a spade. One loss can’t define us as a fan base or a team. Clemson is over now. Time to get back on track. We are still that team that was 3-0 and looked good doing it. We can prove that on Saturday at 12pm and we will I believe.
I don’t think ppl are reacting of one loss at least I’m not. It’s the history of the program over time, for me. Let’s hope they right the ship Saturday

We weren't even half as good as Clemson, so if Pitt is half the team Clemson is, they can beat us. This program has proven repeatedly that it can beat or lose to anyone on any given week. Until that changes, every week is a guessing game.

Game was 16-12 last year. Have no clue how we won that game. Last year is a blur.

That said, I am not going to use one game as a measuring stick for how this offense plays. After the FSU game we were all saying how we needed to hurry up and give Lashlee a lifetime contract because he would definitely be gone after this season. Now hes a bum and we might lose to Pitt or barely beat them?

You guys are too phucking much. Stop being whining a$$ girls. Pitt is no way close to Clemson. Not even in the same league. Its disrespectful to Clemson to even assume we would not stomp out Pitt because that would assume Pitt and Clemson are on the same planet. They are not. Its one thing to have the blueprint on how to beat someone, its another thing to actually have the personnel to do it. Pitt can copy all the schemes from Clemson they want but unless they can borrow some of the same players for one afternoon, it wont help.

What UM team have you been watching the past decade? So far we looked like the same old team that gets blown out after a bye week. What usually happens next after a big game? We play uninspiring football. Heck, Pitt beat our undefeated 2017 team with a backup QB. You think this is a cake walk against what many experts called the best DL in the ACC pre-season? Did you see what a bunch of underclassmen DL’s did to our crappy OL last week? Don’t care if it’s Clemson either. Those DL’s aren’t even men yet.
Our coaches showed they are corches at game planning on both sides of the ball. Our WRs are hot garbage. We’ve beaten the two worst teams in the ACC and UAB. UM hasn’t proven anything yet. Get your head outta the sand.

Advertisement
They already kinda run a poor man’s version of what Clemson did to us.

They have a solid DL that is stout against the run and makes a lot of plays in the backfield (although they haven’t played anyone with a half-decent rush attack). They leave their CBs on an island, just like Clemson did, but the Pitt CBs are getting abused.

Both NC State and BC had their WRs feast on the Pitt CBs. That's how you beat Pitt. I have to imagine seeing what Clemson did, Pitt dares our WRs to beat their CBs. If our guys can't win this matchup when NC State and BC did, then we have big problems going forward.

On the other side of the ball, they cant run the ball for ****. The pass game is slow-developing deep routes (Whipple). If Pickett is even a little banged up, or DL should feast. If a one-dimensional team with a banged-up QB even gets to 21, that's too many. We should roll.
This will be a test to see if Lashlee can change from what is comfortable to what will work against their defense.

This will be a test to see if Lashlee can change from what is comfortable to what will work against their defense.
Exactly.

Personally I don’t think you abandon the running game, even the inside zone, until the prove they can stop it. But I wouldn’t run inside zone on the first play of the game, that’s for sure.

But yeah, our WRs are gonna have to make some plays or Pitt could give us problems. I just don’t know if they have the athletes and depth, like Clemson did, to bracken Brevin, effectively spy King (who can make you miss in a phone booth) and slow down our run game... all while scoring more points than us. Meaning, I think we can win even with subpar WR play.

I guess the question becomes, to a certain extent, are we simply looking to beat Pitt, or are we looking for a bounceback performance where the offense is firing on all cylinders?

If the former, I think we will have a happy fan base on Sunday, cause I don’t think Pitt can score enough points to beat us. If the latter... we shall see. Even if there are personnel changes at WR, can King be accurate enough throwing downfield to burn their CBs? I don’t know that he can.

We were able to win last year with two idiot quarterbacks playing, an idiot calling plays, a healthy Pickett, on the road with fans. Is their defense that much better this year? We are much better on offense. We have a quarterback. Missing ingredient I guess is Osborn.

Advertisement

1) Bend-but-don't break scoring defense;
2) Timely turnovers;
3) Timely offensive plays.

A better question is what would the prediction be if we hadn't played Clemson? People would still be riding the high oblivious to the fact that our offense still has weaknesses. We'll win and may not cover, but it won't be a blowout.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Personally I don’t think you abandon the running game, even the inside zone, until the prove they can stop it. But I wouldn’t run inside zone on the first play of the game, that’s for sure.

But yeah, our WRs are gonna have to make some plays or Pitt could give us problems. I just don’t know if they have the athletes and depth, like Clemson did, to bracken Brevin, effectively spy King (who can make you miss in a phone booth) and slow down our run game... all while scoring more points than us. Meaning, I think we can win even with subpar WR play.

I guess the question becomes, to a certain extent, are we simply looking to beat Pitt, or are we looking for a bounceback performance where the offense is firing on all cylinders?

If the former, I think we will have a happy fan base on Sunday, cause I don’t think Pitt can score enough points to beat us. If the latter... we shall see. Even if there are personnel changes at WR, can King be accurate enough throwing downfield to burn their CBs? I don’t know that he can.
Agree, we need beat them handily to get back on the right track. I would like to see more RPO's in the run game if they're selling out to stop the run, but again that means the WR's need to make a difference after the catch. Or maybe we split Knighton or Chaney out with Cam in the backfield to give them more to think about.

I invested in a clear plastic screen that I put between myself and the television when watching Miami play defense. That way, if/when a backup QB comes in and starts shredding Baker's defense, I won't break my TV when I start throwing things at it.

Advertisement
Back