Tears Napier’s gonna do aight - The WingStop Punishment thread for transgressions in Gator Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

305to954

All American
Their class ain't that bad tbh. Just not up to their standards or what you want to see in a bump class. Not to mention Mario is eating them up on the trail. They'll finish Top 10 to 15.
Tbh this is a gator years thread..so no positivity belongs here in their front (I learned the hard way) that said your absolutely correct. Napier is doing a good job given what he took over. Word is cuckhold Mullen was asleep at the wheel when it came to recruiting for a few cycles up there..and Napier is fighting a uphill battle getting that recruiting rolling..I think they’ll sign a 12-20 type of class this cycle..and Mario will **** on that. The delusion of their fan base and those in tally about what Mario is doing rn is amusing…Mario had a huge foot print out west and is continuing that..he about to build a foot print on the south east now. We are on pace for a legitimate top 5 class year 1

Advertisement
Yeah, he's not doing a good job though. He drove off half the talent in last year's class, and he's lost a ton of guys this year. With the guys they were sure were leaning their way, he's got a great class. But instead, they're losing guys left and right, and it's only going to get worse. Billy has literally missed on every kid they've supposedly been in it for over the last several months. They're done, they just don't know it yet.

Gater ends up #20 at best.
I mean..who says that we’re “supposed too” land prospects. Ngl that sounds like Miami fans for the last 10 years. You have to close the deal and have everything in order. Idk where you got the idea he drove off guys last cycle. if I remember correctly he closed on 2 top 100 guys at safety and LB. That class was in the 40s or something ( similar to ours) and finished 17th. I’m just going off National rhetoric and according to plenty of ppl who follow UF recruiting Mullen was literally doing the bare minimum when it came to recruiting and Napier and staff has been tryna build relationships. And based on Napiers rep on the trail at Clemson and Bama I know he’ll get some good talent up there ..lol like I said I don’t want to fall in the same trap I did before. I understand this is a gator tears thread so at the end of all that..**** em

From my perspective, and I believe objectively, he’s not doing a good job recruiting, so he’s not doing a good job at all.

I don’t know where you get the idea that he’s doing a good job - if you could point to something specific, that might be helpful.

I’ll point to this: as was mentioned in another post, and as we all know, he blew up his recruiting class when he came in for absolutely no reason. Being a good coach is about making good decisions, and he’s made some horrible ones, including that.
He closed on 2 top 100 guys last cycle who were leaning else where according to experts. Mario did similar things and we gave him credit..if we are having a objective convo then I give Napier credit for that. When he took over that class was outside the top 25..closed at 17..so far this cycle he’s got a top 25 class..and going of what ppl in the industry said about Mullen recruiting was a mess when Napier took over..No he’s not doing what Mario is doin right now.. Mario is pulling off elite **** rn..but idk how you objectively can say a coaches decisions have been horrible when he took over what? 6 months ago..I think it’s too soon to make that assessment..but going off what Napiers reputation is around cfb **** get talent..he did it at Clemson when Clemsonsoning was a thing..did it at bama ( I know it’s Bama but If Saban hires a position Coach it’s safe to say they are good to great at evaluations and talent acquisition)..and he proved he could evaluate and develop at Louisiana..now will that correlate in Gainesville on a more competitive national recruiting effort & will that equal the type of success he had at Louisiana ..nobody knows. But I don’t put him in the G5 category of guys who had success at that level then got bigger gigs..he was at Clemson for that turn around (fell out with Dabo on personal **** rumor is) then was on staff at Bama, so that operation up close & was a ace recruiter there..took that to the G5 level and dominated..I think he knows what he’s doing…but like I said **** em

Episode 2 Protest GIF by Portlandia

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back