Name your top Canes Receivers of All-Time

So many solid calls on the lists mentioned. We'll done boys.

47 is tops, he was and is Miami.

36 was legit and 01' 5 was beamed down from a different planet. The other 5 in 91' was outrageous
Wesley Carroll was a guy who should be on the list somewhere. Stanley Shakespeare...

Moss and Wayne are staples. I was at that ot game in boston when Miami blew, those two dudes were just scary as kids.

If you take Irvin and Johnson out of the equation, which I fell is somewhat logical because they are top two....

Eddie brown, moss Kevin Williams would be my three. Totally up for debate fellas. The real q is tight ends, yikes. I have always been in Coleman bells camp but that ship has a rocky road for mr. bell. Shockley would be my ultimate call.

DE- Rusty but I am 41 years old and the 91' OB was treeemendous. I love the kid from Orindq but Gino will always be my QB. My little guy and I had a pic with him at BC, the dude was fantastic. Beers, chit chat, challenged me about the Canes and continued to bang down HIS bud lights.

Love the passion fellas, times will change. Keep the faith.

Advertisement
Andre was the man, but I definitely believe that Santana was a much more explosive receiver that opponents feared more so than any others we have had.

I don't think I'd have Johnson in my top 5 if we're just basing things off of college. What a lot of people tend to forget about him is that he didn't have the best hands here. Prior to the draft, he had an eye exam, got that corrected, and he's been a beast at the next level.

Like you and some others, I'd most certainly put Moss ahead of him. Same with Irvin, Wayne, Hill, Thomas, etc. No disrespect to Johnson, when he was on he was on, just too many drops for me.

Johnson had 1700+ and 19TDs in the 2 years he played. We had so much talent back then a FR AJ barely played.

IMO, the top 5 have to be Brown, Irvin, Moss, Wayne, AJ (not in order)

Andre was the man, but I definitely believe that Santana was a much more explosive receiver that opponents feared more so than any others we have had.

I don't think I'd have Johnson in my top 5 if we're just basing things off of college. What a lot of people tend to forget about him is that he didn't have the best hands here. Prior to the draft, he had an eye exam, got that corrected, and he's been a beast at the next level.

Like you and some others, I'd most certainly put Moss ahead of him. Same with Irvin, Wayne, Hill, Thomas, etc. No disrespect to Johnson, when he was on he was on, just too many drops for me.

Johnson had 1700+ and 19TDs in the 2 years he played. We had so much talent back then a FR AJ barely played.

Hard to argue with this

Hard to argue with this

very hard to argue

Wayne has always been one of my favorites. Guy has ice in his veins, he makes big catch after big catch. I feel like Irvin, who is probably the single biggest canes supporter not affiliated with the school, did more as a pro then in college. Maybe I am wrong. I was a young buck when he was in college, and though I was a cane fan I did not get to see many games back then and definitely had not access to stats. Here my top 5

1. Wayne
2. Dre
3. Irvin
4. Moss
5. Thrill Hill (If for no other reason, the Cotton Bowl against Texas)

I love the guy who brought up Streeter, I still think he could become something. If he would get his **** together and put his talent to work for him he could be great. I just do not feel like he has the work ethic necessary. Take Hank for example, guy has MADE himself some money by putting in extra work, TS just dont seem to want to do it. I would love to see my patriots grab him up for a late draft pick because a guy like Brady would TELL him to put the work in. And a guy like Wilfork could be a good mentor for him....

Advertisement
283.jpg

My man. So excited when the Jets drafted him, only to waste him for most of the time he was on the squad then trade him as soon as he started to blow up.

I don't see how people can't put Hank near the top. Hank was phenomenal. The one handed catches, the speed for his size, very aggressive. He completely took over games and really put his mark on the records.

Easily one of the best. I know he had a rough start, showed flashes as a freshman, his sophomore year was dissappointing with all the drops but he put in the work and blew up by his junior year. But his junior and senior season really trump many's careers, he was a pure go to guy, and he's getting even better in the league now. Hank IMO easily one of the top here. He just wanted it, he worked hard, he always had the talent, he just put in the extra work and it payed off. Hank is a great story.

Watching Hank was incredible during some tough times for Miami. He also tied the record for receiving Touchdowns in a game (3). And holds record for receiving touchdowns in a season (13). And 3rd all time for touchdowns in a career (22) only behind Lamar Thomas (23) and Michael Irvin (27). He also held the record for receiving yards in a season with 1156 only for Allen Hurns to break it by 6 yards this past season with 1162.(Hurns was a good one too, probably not as good as Hank and some others near my top 10, but Hurns was good and reliable and made plays.)

But either way. Hank was phenomenal, no way you can leave him out the top.

And as for the person that didn't think Irvin had a big impact here. He had 27 touchdowns and holds the record till this day. He knew how to get to the end zone, and he only played here 3 years, won a championship and FSU despised him and he was one **** of a leader. Irvin is easily #1 here, it's not even a debate. Irvin was the MAN.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back