Name your top Canes Receivers of All-Time

Advertisement
Irvin, Wayne, Dre in that order. For some reason Tommy Streeter is one of my favorite players to play for the Canes, dude coulda been so amazing.

Advertisement
If I can take any WR ever here to be on our team right now.. With his combination of production at Wr, on special teams and in attitude.... I'd take Santana 1, Irvin 2, then the rest

Bill Miller was better than at least half the guys on the OP's list. 2 time All-America doesn't just happen by accident.

This list is based more on players I've seen. Never got to see Miller. But yes, two-time all-American is No joke.

Only reason I didn't put Coley in my top 20. He only has 1 season to back him up so far. But probably best season of any freshman receiver we ever had. I truly believe he could end up the best to come through. Coley has the impact that Santana and Williams brought to special teams too. Coley is a special player.

My list isn't based on nfl careers though. Just solely on their time here.

Playmaker - Eddie Brown - Andre Johnson - Brian Blades

Playermaker, perfect nickname for #47...Eddie Brown was a ninja after the catch. STUD in college and NFL. Dre a beast and few tougher than Blades.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Of the ones I've seen play:

1. Wayne
2. Santana
3. Andre Johnson
4. Kevin Williams
5. Leonard Hankerson
6. Lamar Thomas
7. Horace Copeland
8. Randal Hill
9. Wesley Carroll
10. Roscoe Parrish

I would be torn between Eddie Brown and Playmaker, but as I think about it, Thrill Hill had my two favorite pass plays: The shoot out in the tunnel against UT and 3 and 43.against ND.

I can only imagine if Satana Moss had a good quarterback for fours years. In my opinion the most explosive receiver I have seen put on the orange and green.

1. moss
2. a johnson
3. irvin
4.wayne
5. yatil
6. kevin williams
7. perriman
8. lamar
9. thrill
10. chris t jones

Advertisement
I can only imagine if Satana Moss had a good quarterback for fours years. In my opinion the most explosive receiver I have seen put on the orange and green.

You my friend.....
U JUST ******* GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre was the man, but I definitely believe that Santana was a much more explosive receiver that opponents feared more so than any others we have had.

Lamar Thomas until the Alabama game.

if there was any play to silence dude, then that was it......i cant remember the last time i was so juiced after a catch then stomach dropped at the same time....i couldn't watch any more

Advertisement
Speaking about Lamar. One of my all time favorite catches is by him. '92 against Nebraska.... Oh boy, that's legendary.

Horace's flip after the touchdown?

Thrill Hill 3rd and 43 or Shooting guns against Texas?

How bout Irvin the Playmaker high stepping into the end zone against the Seminoles or getting the crowds love after a TD?

Andre I don't see no DB's boy!

So many more I can speak of.

Last edited:
Andre was the man, but I definitely believe that Santana was a much more explosive receiver that opponents feared more so than any others we have had.

I don't think I'd have Johnson in my top 5 if we're just basing things off of college. What a lot of people tend to forget about him is that he didn't have the best hands here. Prior to the draft, he had an eye exam, got that corrected, and he's been a beast at the next level.

Like you and some others, I'd most certainly put Moss ahead of him. Same with Irvin, Wayne, Hill, Thomas, etc. No disrespect to Johnson, when he was on he was on, just too many drops for me.

Advertisement
Back