Name That Corch:

Only Strong gets discredited for having a QB like Bridgewater bc Brad Kaaya definitely is the reason why Golden still at UM.. oh never mind.

Advertisement
Strong is going through what Rich Rod went through at Michigan, but with Texas. Neither was a good fit for their respective schools. Texas' defense looks like utterly pathetic, yet Strong has produced strong defenses at USCe, Florida, and Louisville. He didn't just all of a sudden forget how to coach defense. Also, he's having to get Mack Brown's players to buy into his system and abandon the country club atmosphere as well.

Wait but GoldenShowers said he cant coach. I think that makes it a done deal.

A resounding no to Charlie Strong. Been riding off Brisewaters coat tails. He is a horrible head coach. DC is another story. Can't **** this hire up

Strong may be the best recruiter of SFL right now regardless of coach or school and there is no doubt that he would recruit SFL better than anyone. He also has an eye for talent that's on par with Butch.

I would take Chip Kelly as my number 1. Go cowboys this week!
From there I would take Patterson.
Number 3 is Butch and the most likely out of my top 3 to even seek an interview.
After that its Strong.

If a coach comes in here and cannot relate to SFL kids then you just made another 5 year error.

The first two will get recruits just off of the name splash they would make coming here and they can coach their asses off.
The next two can just flat our recruit and have a great eye for talent and they are just better than avg coaches.
I dont think Strong relates to Texas kids like he does SFL kids and I also think around every Austin corner he has had people working against him from day 1.

I'm sorry, but Strong is not on par with Butch in regards to eye for talent. Tell me what JC (Shockey) or Low Stars (Wayne, Reed, Moss) did Strong develop. His claim to fame is getting Bridgewater. He has stunk without him. For the love of god I hope he is not our next coach.

You may be right but Butch's career isnt littered with Shockeys. I could easily say Butch isnt Butch anymore. Tell me the last 2001 team he put together.

While I like Butch and he is the sexier pick for the U. He is old and I have never been a fan of his game day coaching skills. Charlie is young and was recruiting like that under the Louisville banner. Put him under the U banner and he will would have to be even more effective in SFL.

Did Golden have top 15 recruiting classes at Temple? Did Coker?

Strong wouldn't make us the next Louisville. He would make us even better and he could very well put the schnelly fence up.

I would bet you that coaches across the country likely fear Strong coming here more than they would Butch.

Last edited:
Butch is not the best recruiter
Strong, Mario, etc. are not the best recruiters

WINNING is the best recruiter. Give me a coach and staff who can win on game day (with near equal talent), and that's who I want.

It is not so much that Butch is the best recruited as it is that the kids he recruits end up being the best players.

Your exactly right. His three stars will beat your 4 and 5 stars and SFL is littered with those kids. That's how you build teams like the 2001 team. Butch and Strong have the best ability to put that type of team together again.

I would even argue that team was so bland on O and D that coaching X and Os was not their strong suit. They would just line up and bring it. You could see every blitz and knew just about every play they were running just by their sets.

Comparing Strong to Butch, oh lord.

Strong feasted off a bad conference with the best talent in the league.

Lucky for him he went to UT and everyone has fired up the excuse machine for him. He would be struggling like Petrino at UL right now.

Advertisement
Butch is not the best recruiter
Strong, Mario, etc. are not the best recruiters

WINNING is the best recruiter. Give me a coach and staff who can win on game day (with near equal talent), and that's who I want.

It is not so much that Butch is the best recruited as it is that the kids he recruits end up being the best players.

Your exactly right. His three stars will beat your 4 and 5 stars and SFL is littered with those kids. That's how you build teams like the 2001 team. Butch and Strong have the best ability to put that type of team together again.

I would even argue that team was so bland on O and D that coaching X and Os was not their strong suit. They would just line up and bring it. You could see every blitz and knew just about every play they were running just by their sets.

I was not equating Strong to Butch. There is no compassion. Butch did it under sanctions. Strong did it with a sanctioned show cause recruiter. He is not close to turning out players like Butch.

Advertisement
Back