Myles Garrett

Rudolph should get at least 70% of the punishment Garrett got.

If he skates, there should be an uproar.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Yeah....Garrett was so "tough" that he had to use a weapon to stave off the scary little QB.

Mason Rudolph is 6'5" 240, TF are you talking about? In America if someone comes at you as depicted in the photo above you do have the right to defend yourself. With that said he shouldn't have hit the man like that, it was overboard to say the least.

Mason Rudolph is 6'5" 240, TF are you talking about? In America if someone comes at you as depicted in the photo above you do have the right to defend yourself. With that said he shouldn't have hit the man like that, it was overboard to say the least.
I'm talking about the idiots that claim Garrett using the helmet was Rudolph getting what was coming to him. Just like the tough guys who start fights, then pulls out a gun.

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with anything Garrett did in response to what Rudolph did (I can't believe he isn't suspended) UNTIL Garrett tries to club him over the head with a helmet. If he drops the helmet and punches him, game suspension for losing his cool. But he's go to go a long time for the helmet thing.

And as far as the jail thing, why not? What do you think would happen on the street if you bashed some guy over the head with a football helmet?

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with anything Garrett did in response to what Rudolph did (I can't believe he isn't suspended) UNTIL Garrett tries to club him over the head with a helmet. If he drops the helmet and punches him, game suspension for losing his cool. But he's go to go a long time for the helmet thing.

And as far as the jail thing, why not? What do you think would happen on the street if you bashed some guy over the head with a football helmet?

fyi -- helmet weighs 6 pounds. a brick weighs 5. garrett shouldve just hit him with a closed fist and hed be fine. swinging a helmet at an unprotected head is moronic and beyond excusable. **** be playing week 1 next year though, which is fine.

But he didn't. And only Garrett is responsible for how he responded. Do the crime, do the time.
Garrett getting punished has nothing to do with Rudolph not getting punished. Rudolph kicked Garrett in the balls, ripped at his helmet, and continued to pursue him.

Garrett is not innocent and neither is Rudolph

Not even Garrett's own teammates, coaches, or Brown's ownership is backing his action, supporting him, or acting like what he did was even in the realm of being acceptable, or that "it's football, it's a violent game" is a valid excuse.

This if from the Brown's front office:

"We are extremely disappointed in what transpired last evening at the end of our game," the statement said. "There is no place for that in football and that is not reflective of the core values we strive for as an organization. We sincerely apologize to Mason Rudolph and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Myles Garrett has been a good teammate and member of our organization and community for the last three years but his actions last night were completely unacceptable. We understand the consequences from the league for his actions."

Advertisement
U just ETHERED the entire fake outrage, race based (proven by the injection of race and references to OJ early in the thread) argument.

Dudes watch hockey all day and call people snowflakes but needed a cup of warm milk with honey and an diffuser gently blowing lavender in order to go to bed last night. On here openly defending a Gator Pouncey and acting like you’ve never saw Anthony Reddick swing his helmet against FIU.

Of course Garrett and Reddick were wrong, but they were incited and that does matter.

Soft soft soft snowflakes, clutching their pearls, cue the violins 🎻 🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻

Race based lol, I was waiting for your race senses to go off and fly in here here in your bait mobile.

Im a little disappointed you’re this late ,since forever was on this hours ago.

Advertisement
Of course the goalposts just got moved. Dudes spent the whole night, this morning and the 10 pages of this purposely ignoring the fact that Rudolph initiated this and are agreeing that Garrett was “defending him”.

It took 12 hours for that truth to be acknowledged. LIARS and the true snowflakes. Selective outrage is embarrassing especially for a Canes fan and knowing our history with media lynchings, sensationalism, and racism against our own team.

Race based lol, I was waiting for your race senses to go off and fly in here here in your bait mobile.

Im a little disappointed you’re this late ,since forever was on this hours ago.
The amusing part is despite HarrietTubmanCane's claim of it being race-based because others injected race into it....the VERY FIRST person in this thread to inject race in any way was when someone claimed that if Garrett were white, no one would be as upset about his actions. Meanwhile, even a whole lot of black players, past and present, have stated that what Garrett did was unprecedented and warranted a very long punishment.

Nobody is upset with defending himself. The manner in which he did it is unacceptable.

Unacceptable in the context of an NFL game, absolutely; hence the suspension. But to assert criminality is ridiculous and you would be laughed out of court IMO.

Advertisement
Back