Myles Garrett

Advertisement
I think your reasoning is asinine to compare pulling at a face-mask versus hitting a man over the head with a weapon. Not comparable for me. To each his own. I don't know Rudolph's name. Was being facetious. Disregard. Meant nothing.

You are arguing that Garrett's action could have resulted in serious injury therefore it is a criminal act; if that same logic is applied Rudolph's action should also be considered as criminal when you consider that grabbing someone's helmet with two hands and trying to wrench it off while it is attached to their head can result in a significant injury. Seems like a pretty clear comparison to me. And I see what you did there with the helmet as a weapon thing, doesn't pass the mustard in my opinion; assault doesn't become a crime only when an inanimate object is involved. Not too mention, again, Garrett hit Rudolph after Rudolph charged him in an aggressive manner; if we're going full Perry Mason here that is a mitigating factor.

Advertisement
Browns DE Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely for a minimum of at least this regular season and playoffs. Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi suspended one game. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey suspended suspended three games.

You are arguing that Garrett's action could have resulted in serious injury therefore it is a criminal act; if that same logic is applied Rudolph's action should also be considered as criminal when you consider that grabbing someone's helmet with two hands and trying to wrench it off while it is attached to their head can result in a significant injury. Seems like a pretty clear comparison to me. And I see what you did there with the helmet as a weapon thing, doesn't pass the mustard in my opinion; assault doesn't become a crime only when an inanimate object is involved. Not too mention, again, Garrett hit Rudolph after Rudolph charged him in an aggressive manner; if we're going full Perry Mason here that is a mitigating factor.
He had a man between them. Was not a threat. Swinging was a choice. Not a defense.

As for your take, I disagree but I'd be all for making any fights review-able for criminal actions. That would clean up the game a bit. Excessive but I'd rather be over the top than allow for something to take place like last night. In that case, charge Rudolph as well. Even so, their criminal charges wouldn't be comparable. One would be a felony while the other would not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Garrett was only wrong in the sense that he hurt his team is how I see it. A lot of you jackasses are just gone be quick to bash the brotha anyways as if y’all never lost your cool in a heated moment. Amazing how many perfect people we have on the board that never lose their composure.
Yeah cause everyone who loses their cool is prone to bashing someone over the head with an object.

It’s Rudolph’s fault... I’m blaming that clown too.

Big clown. If you don't want no smoke then sit the **** down, QB. Popped up like his little *** wanted a piece of some grown man ****, but you know he would have stayed back if he didn't have his two banana boys with him. Dumb peckerwood thought he was safe behind his boys but didn't realize he was running up on a real ************ that was not playin games with his ***. Lucky he still breathing. Respect to Garrett for popping off and not backing down from ****.

Rudolph should get at least 70% of the punishment Garrett got.

If he skates, there should be an uproar.
Lol no way. Hitting an unprotected head is 10x worse than pulling on a helmet. If garret would have just ripped off the helmet, and then left he wouldn’t face as bad a punishment. Garret instead wacked a dude on the HEAD, unprotected. And the guy just had a concussion.

Advertisement
Back