My thoughts moving forward

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
- I hate to say this because it was something that was said during the Golden and Shannon era. Miami controls their own destiny at this point in the coastal race. If Miami wants another shot at Clemson in the ACC title game, they cannot afford another loss going forward the next 5 games.

- I am not a fan of pulling your young quarterback in N’Kosi Perry in favor of Malik Rosier who had the same or even worse openings to games in the past. I feel that shoots his confidence, I would have preferred to live and die with the young qb, coach him up and let him learn on the fly on the road. That was a panicking move in my eyes and does nothing to progress this team forward. If you make the decision to go with the young gun, you know that mistakes will come with it. I can’t comprehend pulling N’Kosi after the second half he had the prior week in a rivalry game and the trust and confidence that his team and defense had in him. I would rather take the growing pains and mistakes with a redshirt freshman compared to a redshirt senior who has peaked. Malik Rosier is definitely a threat running the ball but much to be asked in terms of throwing the ball as in touch and his release timing on throws. There was numerous throws that Malik threw yesterday, that Perry could throw better and get the ball there on time. Bad call in my opinion. While there is definitely reservations about the offense, there has definitely been noticeable differences in efficiency and execution of it positively under Perry, opposed to Malik. This has been pointed out in our film sessions weekly after every game with Roman and Lance.

- My head might explode if I see anyone complain about Manny Diaz moving forward. Manny Diaz has his unit playing lights out considering the circumstances at this point with the offense. (Playcalling, QB play, O-Line) This is the most dominant defense Miami has had since the 2003 team. While they definitely can continue to improve in certain areas like tackling here and there, the proof and numbers are there that this defense is elite and can play anyone. Hats off to the defense dealing with numerous 3rd and out drives from the offense, and unfavorable field position from punts this season. Hats off to Manny Diaz and the defense, that’s Miami Hurricanes Football.

- If there was any people left that had faith in the play calling on offense, I think they might all be gone after last night. I like Mark Richt as a head coach and I love what he is doing for the football program, we have made leaps from the previous Golden and Shannon regimes but there is a lot of work still needed to be done. I know the offensive line has there issues and they are not a perfect unit yet. I expect that unit to continue to get better with the guys Miami is recruiting at the positions on the offensive line. There was situations in this ball game and calls made that prevented Miami from winning this game outside of spotty QB play. The bubble and crossing routes were there all night and not utilized. Miami did not take what the UVA defense was giving them and taking way too many shots deep, trying to force the big play on the night. Miami took way too long to get Brevin Jordan involved in my opinion, that was a clear mismatch for the UVA defense as we saw late in the game. As I have watched other games across the country this season, I have noticed teams with much greater success on offense this year are throwing the ball on first down more often than Miami. The playcalling is way too predictable at this point, I know what Miami is doing before we even snap in certain scenarios and situations on the field. Not getting any points off of 3 turnovers from the defense is unacceptable. Running a FB Dive on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 on UVA side of field, back to back is unacceptable and predictable playcalling. I think everyone in the stadium and watching the game on TV knew it was coming. Miami has a lot of talent at the skill positions on offense and we’re not getting the ball in space to guys like Jeff, Harley and Pope to allow them to make a play. Where is the pre-snap motion? Jeff Thomas and Brevin Jordan do not get as many opportunities as they really should. I can dive back into the N’Kosi and Malik situation from last night again as I brought up in this thread but it was a mistake in my eyes pulling N’Kosi from the game so early. N’Kosi makes throws and extends plays that Malik can’t, N’Kosi has the better arm and that is reality. The offense has ran more efficient and effective especially in the redzone with N’Kosi to this point as well. Turnover on downs twice on UVA side of field is unacceptable. I have discussed this with Roman and Lance for a while, I am at the conclusion that Mark Richt offense can only work by out-talenting opposing teams. The issue is, you can’t win every game trying to do that. Teams will scheme for that and if you can’t adjust or switch things up, your talent difference will not matter. There is a lack of creativity and innovation with the play calling. The route trees employed in the playcalling are minimal and predictable. The choice to kick an onside with over 3 minutes left and 3 timeouts was a big mistake, considering the defense Miami has on that field every week. This is no longer an issue about talent, Miami has playmakers across the board on offense. This is an issue about coaching and putting your playmakers in a position to succeed. As I said before, I like Coach Mark Richt and I like the direction Miami is headed as a football program, we will get, develop and produce the players needed to compete for the playoffs but the clock has been ticking on the playcalling, last night was the final indictment. Miami needs an offensive coordinator to get to that next level.

*** We will learn a lot about this team and the way they respond after a loss like this moving forward. Canes of old would be angry and upset and finish the rest of the season strong. Mental toughness from here on out is what I expect.

Advertisement
The worse thing that can happen would be for us to win out and make the ACCCG (and get stomped. AGAIN).

It would just reinforce in Rights head that no changes need to be made, and that the one change he did make w Perry, was the wrong one, since I'm pretty sure 12 is going to finish the season as the starter.

We need to **** the bed. It's the only way Richt will make a change, and even then he probably won't.

Dude talking about 30 year old plays. Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
I saw no separation by our wide receivers (except for Cager). Those UVA DBs looked like grown men covering high school kids.

Geo, simply put, we're screwed. We see what we have in Richt running the offense, and nothing is going to change because 1) he has no plans to give up control and 2) he doesn't think he's the problem offensively. When you start making comments like "we trust the plays that have been working for 30 years" that tells me all I need to know. What he's really saying without realizing it is that the players simply aren't executing his wonderful plays. No Coach, you're a mediocre OC that can't even get the plays in fast enough when we are in hurry up mode to allow us to go hurry up. This is comical and sad all at the same time. This guy could actually win here imo if he swallowed his pride and hired an OC, but he won't do it because he doesn't think he's the problem and as a result he's going to fail here. Miami fans are nothing like uga fans. He'll see soon enough that things are going to get ugly here.

Advertisement
How so? Worse at OL, OC, and STs. What you just saw in year 3 is a leap?
Miami is not going to go 6-6 and losing seasons under Richt. That is definitely a difference. It is not perfect at all yet but I don’t know what to say if you haven’t seen some positive differences from the last two regimes.

Youre right, I made a post about Diaz and if we dont get TOs we’re screwed. Shouldve said if we don’t get points off TOs we’re screwed. I really just feel sorry for all of the talented kids on the roster rn. They deserve better.

I blame richt on this loss more than the oline/ qb play. You know the oline isn’t good but yet you keep forcing the issue to try and establish the run game on predictable playcalls. You are practically giving the game away by doing so setting the struggling oline in repeated situations to fail as he did the qbs by not getting them in rythym...Rosier said tonight he hasn’t had 1st team reps since the fiu game yet you put him out there? Wtf was the point of that richt?

Either get the sh*t on offense overhauled completely or bounce, that’s where I’m at with this bullsh*t....

Advertisement
- I hate to say this because it was something that was said during the Golden and Shannon era. Miami controls their own destiny at this point in the coastal race. If Miami wants another shot at Clemson in the ACC title game, they cannot afford another loss going forward the next 5 games.

- I am not a fan of pulling your young quarterback in N’Kosi Perry in favor of Malik Rosier who had the same or even worse openings to games in the past. I feel that shoots his confidence, I would have preferred to live and die with the young qb, coach him up and let him learn on the fly on the road. That was a panicking move in my eyes and does nothing to progress this team forward. If you make the decision to go with the young gun, you know that mistakes will come with it. I can’t comprehend pulling N’Kosi after the second half he had the prior week in a rivalry game and the trust and confidence that his team and defense had in him. I would rather take the growing pains and mistakes with a redshirt freshman compared to a redshirt senior who has peaked. Malik Rosier is definitely a threat running the ball but much to be asked in terms of throwing the ball as in touch and his release timing on throws. There was numerous throws that Malik threw yesterday, that Perry could throw better and get the ball there on time. Bad call in my opinion. While there is definitely reservations about the offense, there has definitely been noticeable differences in efficiency and execution of it positively under Perry, opposed to Malik. This has been pointed out in our film sessions weekly after every game with Roman and Lance.

- My head might explode if I see anyone complain about Manny Diaz moving forward. Manny Diaz has his unit playing lights out considering the circumstances at this point with the offense. (Playcalling, QB play, O-Line) This is the most dominant defense Miami has had since the 2003 team. While they definitely can continue to improve in certain areas like tackling here and there, the proof and numbers are there that this defense is elite and can play anyone. Hats off to the defense dealing with numerous 3rd and out drives from the offense, and unfavorable field position from punts this season. Hats off to Manny Diaz and the defense, that’s Miami Hurricanes Football.

- If there was any people left that had faith in the play calling on offense, I think they might all be gone after last night. I like Mark Richt as a head coach and I love what he is doing for the football program, we have made leaps from the previous Golden and Shannon regimes but there is a lot of work still needed to be done. I know the offensive line has there issues and they are not a perfect unit yet. I expect that unit to continue to get better with the guys Miami is recruiting at the positions on the offensive line. There was situations in this ball game and calls made that prevented Miami from winning this game outside of spotty QB play. The bubble and crossing routes were there all night and not utilized. Miami did not take what the UVA defense was giving them and taking way too many shots deep, trying to force the big play on the night. Miami took way too long to get Brevin Jordan involved in my opinion, that was a clear mismatch for the UVA defense as we saw late in the game. As I have watched other games across the country this season, I have noticed teams with much greater success on offense this year are throwing the ball on first down more often than Miami. The playcalling is way too predictable at this point, I know what Miami is doing before we even snap in certain scenarios and situations on the field. Not getting any points off of 3 turnovers from the defense is unacceptable. Running a FB Dive on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 on UVA side of field, back to back is unacceptable and predictable playcalling. I think everyone in the stadium and watching the game on TV knew it was coming. Miami has a lot of talent at the skill positions on offense and we’re not getting the ball in space to guys like Jeff, Harley and Pope to allow them to make a play. Where is the pre-snap motion? Jeff Thomas and Brevin Jordan do not get as many opportunities as they really should. I can dive back into the N’Kosi and Malik situation from last night again as I brought up in this thread but it was a mistake in my eyes pulling N’Kosi from the game so early. N’Kosi makes throws and extends plays that Malik can’t, N’Kosi has the better arm and that is reality. The offense has ran more efficient and effective especially in the redzone with N’Kosi to this point as well. Turnover on downs twice on UVA side of field is unacceptable. I have discussed this with Roman and Lance for a while, I am at the conclusion that Mark Richt offense can only work by out-talenting opposing teams. The issue is, you can’t win every game trying to do that. Teams will scheme for that and if you can’t adjust or switch things up, your talent difference will not matter. There is a lack of creativity and innovation with the play calling. The route trees employed in the playcalling are minimal and predictable. The choice to kick an onside with over 3 minutes left and 3 timeouts was a big mistake, considering the defense Miami has on that field every week. This is no longer an issue about talent, Miami has playmakers across the board on offense. This is an issue about coaching and putting your playmakers in a position to succeed. As I said before, I like Coach Mark Richt and I like the direction Miami is headed as a football program, we will get, develop and produce the players needed to compete for the playoffs but the clock has been ticking on the playcalling, last night was the final indictment. Miami needs an offensive coordinator to get to that next level.

*** We will learn a lot about this team and the way they respond after a loss like this moving forward. Canes of old would be angry and upset and finish the rest of the season strong. Mental toughness from here on out is what I expect.

Like u said, its a coaching issue. What's your opinion of our assistant coaches? Which guys do you think Richt needs to reevaluate?

Advertisement
Lmao @corch making staff changes. **** he's been eating his samich same way for 30 years

Here are my day-after thoughts and how I want to see things shake out going forward.

1. I want Richt to immediately hand over play-calling duties to Brown or Dugans.

I don't know if either of those guys are the answer, but they deserve a shot. I have my doubts about Brown. He's basically been groomed by Richt, so he hasn't had the best offensive mentor. Neither of them have called plays before and I think the poor game-planning, execution, and our arcane offense reflects poorly on them as well. Give them a shot though, it can't get much worse.

2. If Richt is the OC come next year, I will officially be off the Richt train.

Really good coaches are all extremely self-aware and will do whatever it takes to win. If Richt can't recognize that his days as a play-caller are behind him, then he needs to be fired. Secondly, if the Brown/Dugans experiment doesn't prove to be much better, Richt will need to make room for a new OC. Can he make the tough decision to fire/move out his son or one of the other offensive coaches? If he can't, then he needs to be fired.

I'm not entirely off the train yet. I think he's better in a number of areas than both Shannon and Golden and I do think we get significantly better as a program if we have a good OC. He's better at recruiting and development than both of his predecessors. We've won the Coastal and played in a BCS Bowl with him at the helm. But it's not enough. At the very minimum, he needs to show effort. He needs to show that he recognizes that there's a problem and he needs to take some steps to fix it. If he doesn't do these things, then he doesn't deserve to make 4 million a year.

Last edited:
100% on Richt. Bringing in 12 was stupid and the results were no shock to anyone. He refuses to gameplan for any team just runs his same 5 plays no matter who the team is. Great “coordinating” asshat

UVA is not a good team. We “corched” (offense) our way to a loss last night. They are not going to finish rest of the season undefeated in the ACC.

And you think we are going to finish undefeated with the way Richt is running the offense? No way in he'll he doesn't "corch" us to another loss. We ****** sucked offensively on the road at UVA. You think Blacksburg is going to be any better?

Advertisement
Back