My Take On The Miami Coaching Situation

We all loved the Golden narrative that started with his opening presser. The results just didn't pan out. No need to go into the reasons why at this point. But, at UM, you have to have a guy that sells each game to the fans. Coker didn't try, Shannon didn't try, and Golden was the worst at it. You have to engage the fans as a coach. Fans don't care about process. They care about games. Hire a guy who can sell each and every game. We haven't had that here in forever. Shnelly used to emphasize the free whopper if you bought a ticket. Jimmy would look right in the camera and tell you playing Rice was a freaking national crusade. Erickson would, at least, try to tell us that his ridiculous stocked talented teams could lose if you didn't show up. Butch wasn't as good at it (because he had no talent until year 4) but he sold this city that the win against UCLA was going to happen after the Syracuse debacle. There is a certain part of being a HC that has nothing to do with X's and O's. You have an obligation to the fan base. Al was a zero in this regard. Binders don't sell tickets. A certain amount of bravado does. We need bravado.

That would require hiring a coach that's a big name and has cojones. Who out there is really that type of guy right now that Miami can successfully get as their coach?

Advertisement
If you still supported Golden up untill the Clemson game...all I can't tell you is that your judgement should not be trusted.
You should sit this one out.
You should take some time and analyze that about yourself.
As far as the recruiting class is concern there zero chance it would have stayed togueter with Golden still in charge.

I supported him because he deserved some sort of respect in the long run. Guy's a good person. Took a squad in the midst of the death penalty talks and held it together. Didn't win enough games to keep people happy. Miami's a close knit team, now all they have to do is get another guy who's got the pedigree to win. Cristobal would be preferred.
Al was a family guy. The recruits liked him. Current members of the team LOVE him.

Stockholm syndrome. You sound like you had a h0mo crush on Golden.
LoL at Cristobal you have terrible jugedment

Advertisement
Back