My projected Canes players on ALL ACC 1st/2nd team list

5Ringz

Thunderdome
Last year we had ZERO. None. Nada on these lists. This season I expect the following to make the lists

Offense

Stephen Morris- 2nd team behind Taj Boyd
Duke - 1st team with Ellington now that Gio left
Dorsett - 2nd team
Warlord - 1st team
Linder - 1st team
Feliciano - 2nd team
McDermott - 1st team

Defense

EJ - 2nd team
Tracy- 2nd team
Bush - 1st team

AM I Rite???

Advertisement
Last year we had ZERO. None. Nada on these lists. This season I expect the following to make the lists

Offense

Dorsett - 2nd team
Warlord - 1st team
Linder - 1st team
Feliciano - 2nd team
McDermott - 1st team

Defense

EJ - 2nd team
Tracy- 2nd team
Bush - 1st team

AM I Rite???

who is warlord? is the our TE?

Advertisement

Offense

Dorsett - 2nd team
Warlord - 1st team
Linder - 1st team
Feliciano - 2nd team
McDermott - 1st team

Defense

EJ - 2nd team
Tracy- 2nd team
Bush - 1st team

AM I Rite???

perryman would be the first on my list.

i think you're being a little too optimistic w/ walford and howard, given their production thus far.

Advertisement

Offense

Dorsett - 2nd team
Warlord - 1st team
Linder - 1st team
Feliciano - 2nd team
McDermott - 1st team

Defense

EJ - 2nd team
Tracy- 2nd team
Bush - 1st team

AM I Rite???

who is warlord? is the our TE?

Negged.

Morris will be 1st team.

Dude finally put it together @ the end of the year.

Another off season to work with Fisch, and he will go out breaking plenty more Cane, and ACC records.

Morris is one of the best QB's we've had here at Miami. He's better than Ken Dorsey. He will go on to have a long NFL career.

Too bad we don't have a defense, because Morris is a national championship caliber QB.

Morris is one of the best QB's we've had here at Miami. He's better than Ken Dorsey. He will go on to have a long NFL career.

Too bad we don't have a defense, because Morris is a national championship caliber QB.

He's better than Ken Dorsey? I have to disagree with this craziness. I like Morris and he may have way more NFL potential, but Dorsey had all the intangables you want from a QB and made all the WR's around him better. Dorsey was more than just a game manager, dude was ruthless when he wanted to put a team away. Morris hasn't shown any of that, or the anticipation Dorsey had on his throws.

Advertisement

I had no idea that Steven Morris's father posted on this site.

Morris has better ability than Dorsey, no doubt. But, to call him better is nuts. I hope Morris blows the **** up next year and becomes the best QB we've ever had, but until that happens, to put him in the same breath as Ken Dorsey is ludicrous.

Advertisement
The problem is, you're remembering the "glory days" so you only remember his good plays. Dorsey was a smart QB and he could read defenses better than Morris at this point in his career. He had a weak arm, though, and he did make plenty of mistakes.

Not to mention that he was a sitting duck in the pocket having no scrambling ability at all.

Check out the 2001 Sugar Bowl.... Dorsey and the Canes beat the Gators in typical fashion for the day. Watch Dorsey as he was, not as you remember him. You'll see what I mean.

[video=youtube_share;ao0cH6BzQ8E]http://youtu.be/ao0cH6BzQ8E[/video]

He's better than Ken Dorsey? I have to disagree with this craziness. I like Morris and he may have way more NFL potential, but Dorsey had all the intangables you want from a QB and made all the WR's around him better. Dorsey was more than just a game manager, dude was ruthless when he wanted to put a team away. Morris hasn't shown any of that, or the anticipation Dorsey had on his throws.

Morris has better ability than Dorsey, no doubt. But, to call him better is nuts. I hope Morris blows the **** up next year and becomes the best QB we've ever had, but until that happens, to put him in the same breath as Ken Dorsey is ludicrous.

You're delusional. Dorsey wasn't God. He made plenty of mistakes. Just watch that Sugar Bowl game I linked above, you'll see for yourself.

You're delusional. Dorsey wasn't God. He made plenty of mistakes. Just watch that Sugar Bowl game I linked above, you'll see for yourself.

I was at the Sugar Bowl game. How am I delusional? I didnt say Dorsey never made any mistakes, but he was a far better QB than Morris was at this point. The only things Morris is better at is mobility and arm strength.

Btw, I like Morris a lot and think he can have a big season next year. I just think comparing him to Dorsey is a bit premature.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back