My Post Game recap

Advertisement
WHATS POPPIN, I know El is a spread guy, we been fightin pro style bros for yearssssss pull a seat, have a drink!

Look at this black n white tv stat

Attachments

• 1880B08B-4991-49B7-AD5C-0F95699C70C7.jpeg
    1880B08B-4991-49B7-AD5C-0F95699C70C7.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 36
Who said take Bolden out? That doesn’t make sense.

View attachment 130963

Instead of having Bubba matchup on Tutu, he should have been roaming free. Having a striker mirror the quarterback here with a free safety covering one of the fastest slot receivers in the nation is simply a dumb schematic approach. 4 basically hovered in space, and Tutu ran a deep drag while 5 provides nothing at Free. He’s too far back. It’s a bad design man.

5 should come off here.

We should have Blades, Couch, Ivey, and Bolden on the field here. It’s simple. Have Couch cover Tutu, Bubba replaces 5 at Free, and you can keep the mirror if you want. OR - have Blades slide inside and keep the other two outside. Either way - keep a corner on Tutu and support with Bolden over.

BUT - if the RB doesn’t leak here, our LBs should be crashing that fugging pocket. We didn’t do that either.

The way we are attacking this type of personnel setting is not to our benefit! We aren’t even lined up properly upfront.
We're aligned like **** in that picture.
Happened all night too.

This is what I don't understand. Had big time success at Auburn. Goes to OC at . . UConn . . . SMU? Wut?

Obviously, he knows what he's doing. Those weren't even parallel moves - and you know UConn didn't break the piggy bank. That's strange.
He went to those places because he wanted to learn... he always thinking of making himself better

Advertisement
The defense won’t ever be what you guys want it to be without high level corners. It’ll be top 15 tho every year

100%, he's going to have his best year this season & the agents will come a knockin'...

Not that he needs the money but, I'm expecting him to finish the season easily with 10+PBU's & probably 4 or 5 picks, if he tests well at the combine & pro day he'll be drafted between the 3rd - 5th round somewhere.
This is where our program can’t make the jump. Al blades doesn’t have much business heading to the nfl. But that’s just my opinion. Could help us immensely coming back for a senior season

Can someone explain the epic recruiting eval fail with guys like Hawkins and Bishop Tutu? They were the best players on the field last night for Louisville and we all know where they’re from.

IDK about Hawkins, but Tutu wanted to get a shot at QB, Richt said no. Unless Tutu was intent on going to Louisville, Richt should've said yes, it's not like any of the QBs that we had were world beaters.

How has the offensive line looked? Campbell at LT - how is he doing?
I have been unable to watch the first two games. I appreciate the replies, thank you.

Advertisement
View attachment 130807

Offense:

D'Eriq King - 18/30 325yds 3TD's 60%cmp & 8att 9yds
Cam'ron Harris - 9att 134yds 1TD & 1rec 4yds
Brevin Jordan - 7rec 120yds 1TD
Mark Pope - 4rec 64yds
Mike Harley - 2rec 30yds
Dee Wiggins - 2rec 15yds
Jaylan Knighton - 4att 9yds & 1rec 75yds 1TD
Don Chaney - 7att 10yds
Will Mallory - 1rec 17yds 1TD

485yds (325yds passing & 160yds rushing) total offense. We ran a total of 60 plays with 21:59 time of possession, 19 first downs, 6/13 on 3rd down, 8.1ypp, 10.8 yards per attempt, 18.1 yards per completion & 5.3 yards per rush.

For everyone that was worried about the passing game, worry no further. Rhett Lashlee showed why he & D'Eriq were arguably the best offseason acquisitions made by any team, I told y'all mf'ers to stop panicking & that we were going to sling the rock plenty.

Again, check Lash's resume, every offense he's played calls for drastically improved as soon as he got there. We are a completely different offense than we were from last year, we finally have a play caller who is aggressive, understands how to stretch the field vertically & horizontally, how to utilize his weapons & calls games that plays to the strengths of the team instead trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Lash actually called plays recognizing when the Defense was caught asleep & took advantage of the fact they had never seen many of our formations on film. What a God send he's going to be this year!

D'Eriq King I guess can play ACC ball? LIKE I ****** TOLD YALL ALL YEAR, HE's the most dynamic & electric QB we've had in decades & is a natural born playmaker! He's a true leader & a guy that has changed the entire landscape of the locker room, he's our most dangerous weapon & completely opens up the field for the rest of the offense. Didn't have to use his legs this game, beat them with his arm from the pocket completing 60% of his passes which would've been for a higher percentage & higher yardage if we didn't have 4 drops by the WR's. Had a great back shoulder throw to Mallory on the first TD & dropped an absolute dime going across his body rolling to the left to Harley, that was a Kyler Murray style throw!

Killa Cam! Did a great job bouncing to the outside on 2 long runs 38yds on the first drive & 75yd run on the TD in the 3rd. He's a homerun hitter & a gamebreaker threat to house one every single game. All he needs is for the Defense to get sealed on the inside & as soon as he gets a crease on the outside he's gone!

Rooster! With a great 75yd TD, that was an extraordinary play call by Lashlee, you see the difference between Lashlee's play calling & what Enox had us doing last year? Do you get why I was so excited when we hired Lashlee now?!? Lol! Knighton's speed in the open field is special, if we had more depth at RB I'd be in favor of putting him at PR too.

Brevin had another great performance, he's by far our best WR & a potential Mackey award winner, he's no doubt in my mind going to a mid 1st round draft pick for next year, he fits in the same mold as Evan Ingram & is the next great TEU representative... Lmao @ any high ranked TE recruit that doesn't sign with Miami.

WR's still had too many drops, Pope had a solid game with 64yds but had a bad focus drop in the first half, he did make some good plays though. Mike Harley dropped a TD, you just can't drop TD's.

OL play was solid but had too many boneheaded penalties in the first half, although that False start call on Scaife was a bad call IMO that negated the long catch & run by Mallory, luckily we have a legit offense that can still make plays in spite of it & Pope had a nice 31yd gainer on the very next play.

Last year Miami was 73rd in scoring & 121st in Red Zone scoring, we are nigh & day different than we were under Enox, Lashlee understands how to put points on the board & apply heavy pressure on Defenses with Tempo & field spacing with our wide formations. The Mesh concept with having a great dynamic mobile QB makes this offense really hard to defend when you have to make split second decisions. Just wait until we get better continuity with the WR's as the year progresses, no exaggeration do not be surprised if you see this offense averaging easily 470+ yards per game all year.

Defense:
Gave up 516yds, had 3 sacks, forced 3 turnovers.

Bubba Bolden - 10tcks
Amari Carter - 8tcks
Zack McCloud - 7tcks 1FF & 1FR
Al Blades Jr - 6tcks 1INT & 1PBU
Sam Brooks Jr - 5tcks
Te'Cory Couch - 5tcks
Gurvan Hall - 4tcks 1TFL
Jaelan Phillips - 3tcks 2TFL's
Quincy Roche - 3tcks 1 sack & 1TFL
Gilbert Frierson- 3tcks
Nests Silvera - 3tcks 1TFL
Jared Harrison-Hunte - 2tcks 1 sack & 1TFL

Defense gave up a shìt ton of yards as expected but when it comes to an offense like LVille's the yards are almost irrelevant, it's all about not allowing them to get scoring plays which we did a good job keeping them out of the End zone.

Defense did a great job getting off the field on 3rd downs in the first half, they made key stops & kept LVille's offense from gaining any momentum until garbage time vs 2nd team Defense, we had 2 sacks, 5TFL's 1FF 1INT in the first half. We played exactly how we were supposed to, get any early lead & take them out of their comfort zone.

Opening drive of the 2nd half & LVille got away to blatant holds on run plays, one on Jennings & twice on Phillips, especially on the TD run by Hawkins. That was also a dirty chop block on Phillips, he launched his helmet right into Phillips knee, should've been a penalty.

Phillips had some great plays getting in the backfield for TFL's, he might not rack up sacks the same way Rousseau did but he brings good pressure & sets the edge on the run.

Great sack by Quincy Roche on the inside stunt on 3rd down. Cam Williams did a great job beating the TE to get to the QB on a 3rd down & short, JHH did great job beating his man on the inside finishing the play for the sack. Phillips, Silvera, JHH, Roche & Cam Williams is a really good versatile group on the DLine.

LB's played okay, Brooks was the most consistent, McCloud had a bad whiff early in the game but redeemed himself in the 2nd half including the game sealing FF. Jennings got swallowed up on that 4th & 1 run, he took a bad angle & completely overran inside the hole. Avery Huff looked good in pursuit on ST's, he needs to get reps lining up with the actual Defense, he can contribute with this LB group, aside from Brooks there's not a single LB that sees the field that's head & shoulders better than him, I'd imagine he'd play around the same level as Steed or Jennings, except he's faster.

Bolden did a great job making multiple open field tackles & getting stops on 3rd down, we held to them 0/6 on 3rd down & 0/2 on 4th down in the first half. Nice alert Forced fumble on the tackle right before the end of the half. However, Bolden struggles in coverage, LVille exploited the matchup between him & Tutu, we should've had Gurvan Hall covering Tutu, Bolden cannot be expected to hold his own in Man coverage, he's a big bodied Zone Safety who's excellent in run support but is still undisciplined reading his keys on the backend. If Cunningham makes a better throw, that first play to the TE Pfeifer would've been a TD & it would've been Bolden's fault because he crept in too deep on the PA ball fake, he was supposed to drop back & cover the outer third of the end zone. But overall, he had a good game.

Terrific coverage by Alphonso Jr on the INT, he came across the field in Man coverage, read the QB's eyes perfectly & made a great break on the ball undercutting the route. He stepped big tonight & played very well in coverage aside from 1 or 2 plays where they had him in Zone Quarters coverage, we need just leave him in Man all game & let him lock his guy down, but Al Jr is showing yall what I was saying all year, he's our best pure cover corner hands down! He got the first Turnover Chain of the year!

As for the other Corners, they weren't really challenged much until late in the game, Ivey didn't play as many snaps as he did vs UAB, Couch got more snaps this game & he pretty much got beat on nearly every play, although most of them came late in the 4th quarter when the game was already over. On the Deep ball to Braden Smith he had very good coverage, he was step for step with the WR & did a good job reading his man's eyes, he was physical in phase & got his hands up on time, it was just a really good throw & catch. He needed to get his head around, if he does he gets an easy PBU. His overall cover skills need more work, he needs to be more consistent with physicality & react quicker off the WR's breaks. He made a nice 3rd down open field tackle on Tutu but otherwise he didn't play up to standard. CB needs to be our top priority in the 21 class, gonna need more cover guys because Blades is gone after this season & we'll be left with Ivey, Couch, Dunson & Clarke.

The unsung hero of the game, Borregales sets school record with a 57yd FIELD GOAL! Was also clutch going 4/4 on FG's.

We played well but had way too many undisciplined penalties, 11 penalties for 89yds, gotta get that cleaned up.

Overall, very good performance by this team on the road, the story of the game was explosive plays for TD's & 3rd offense & 3rd down Defense. As a team we did a great job converting 3rd downs on Offense & getting off the field on Defense.

This was a great team win, the offense was explosive & capitalized off LVille's soft coverage zones & the Defense got numerous key stops on 3rd downs. Our scary *** fans were ****ing in their pants all week worried about Louisville but if you actually watch them you would've known they were no real threat for us. Diaz is now 3-0 vs Satterfield, Satterfield is a good offensive coach but his scheme is very simple to stop & Diaz for all his faults he has Satts gameplan mapped out to a T.

Don't look now you pussies, Miami is about to start the season 3-0 & yes that means I'm already counting the FSU game as a W because rivalry be damned, we are going to scalp Chief Osecola on the middle of the 50 yard line at Hard Rock next week! We are going to bury that program under volcanic ash & debris & don't be fooled by tonight's score, FSU ain't scoring more than 14 points on us.

Time to buckle that chinstrap & toughen the **** up Canes fans, we're going on a run this season!

It's All About The U!!! 🙌🏾

Well stated Liberty, as usual you outline the ebb and flow of the game better than the announcers, while uncovering hidden gems on both sides of the ball!!! All in all a great W for the team, not many gave us a real shot at beating the “juggernaut” Louisville but alas we did and with plenty of margin. Lashlee called an unbelievable game offensively. Those back to back 1 play TD’s were hankerings of the Canes of old. It was great to see the offense stretch the field and let our athletes play in space. We all were witness to what they can do when we get them the ball in space. Defensively I agreed with the bend, don’t break defensive game plan. I hated the penalties - that was a lack of discipline especially AC5 - he’s a Senior and should know better than that. Otherwise, ST’s play was outstanding, including Borregales. Kid is a stud for us, so glad he made the call to transfer and that we were able to pick him up. Hedley is quietly having an outstanding season so far. If he keeps it up he might have a trophy in his case by the end of the year.
I too know that yes, FSWho is next up and that they’re our rival. All feelings about that aside I’m with you - no way the Semenholes come close to stopping Lashlee/King and this offense. They’ll be lucky to keep us at our 39ppg total. And no way they come close to scoring more than 20pts - and I’m being generous. The key this week is to keep everyone focused on the task at hand; namely crushing our rival, kicking dirt on them while their down, and winning our 4th in a row. Should setup a nice matchup, possibly Top 10, versus Clemson in Week 4.

How has the offensive line looked? Campbell at LT - how is he doing?
I have been unable to watch the first two games. I appreciate the replies, thank you.
Pass blocking is night and day improvement. Only one sack and three QBs pressures against Louisville. Run blocking has not been overpowering but with the talent at RB and King’s running ability, they can get by with being average.

We also got bailed out on Cunningham’s missed TD throw. Them mofos had not one, but TWO WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Fortunately for us, he threw a **** poor pass. They legit missed an extra 8 points early for his misfires and settling for fg’s.

At the end of the day, I think the worry was more on Def. We have a QB & an OC that matches well. It gives us a chance to fight for that ACC crown. We’ll be 3-0 heading into our bye week. I just hope this ain’t a product of the 2013 season. The def does scare me....but our O gives me optimistic hope.
When was the last time we could say we could rely on the offense to win us a game? We'll still be pretty good on D, but we can finally rely on the O to do their part.

Advertisement
Pass blocking is night and day improvement. Only one sack and three QBs pressures against Louisville. Run blocking has not been overpowering but with the talent at RB and King’s running ability, they can get by with being average.
Thank you!

Cam looks like a modern day player.....he just got that I'm going to kill everyone on the team look
Cameron Williams is a beast... he looks as good as Phillips and Roche at times.

Harrison-Hunte is another beast I need to see on the field more.

My take away from what I’m seeing so far is coaching matters. The difference between Enos and Lashlee is so significant. The next are that needs cleaning up is defense. Baker Patke and Rumph all need upgrading. This zone defense we like to run is trash.

Advertisement
i think people need to chill on the defense lsu put 628 yards on Clemson and Clemson put 394 on lsu. our d needs to clean up some stuff but they did their job and will get better

Good breakdown, King is the man and Jose B is the real deal. Lashlee's coaching and King running the show will be special this year.

We also got bailed out on Cunningham’s missed TD throw. Them mofos had not one, but TWO WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Fortunately for us, he threw a **** poor pass. They legit missed an extra 8 points early for his misfires and settling for fg’s.

At the end of the day, I think the worry was more on Def. We have a QB & an OC that matches well. It gives us a chance to fight for that ACC crown. We’ll be 3-0 heading into our bye week. I just hope this ain’t a product of the 2013 season. The def does scare me....but our O gives me optimistic hope.
You wanna start talking missed plays, we left a bunch of points out there too and got robbed on several game-changing penalties.

Advertisement
Back