My Post Game recap

Advertisement
LMAO at having Hall cover Atwell. That’s ridiculous. Bubba shouldn’t be covering no **** TuTus and neither should Hall. That was dumb *** scheming by Baker. Bubba is the best Safety we have and should be roaming free. We should have a nickel on Atwell.

This dumb *** defensive staff still hasn’t taught our secondary how to pass off receivers or simply switch at the line. Simple rub route near the end zone gets us every time. Bubbba is fine in coverage. We just have mediocre coaching.

And Bubba’s full stat line includes a TFl, FF, ect. Kid played great despite being put in a position to fail most of the night.
Rub routes are run a lot in the NFL and are tough to stop at all levels. I’m not a fan of Baker, but don’t think this is where we should be criticizing him. Not sure why we would have a safety on tutu unless we are blitzing somewhere.

@Liberty City El so honest question with our CB depth trash every year but it’s being coached up. Do you think we look for another CB coach or stay with rumph. His recruiting is definitely hurting that room
I think Diaz will stick with him, because he ultimately doesn't really care about CB recruiting.

Diaz wants as many Safeties as possible on the field, that's practically what he recruits at CB, he doesn't care about coverage he just wants DB's that can tackle & help out in run support.

It's a really frustrating approach to Defense & I don't agree with it all, but at this point there's not much that can be done about it lol.

Great move by Lashlee to get away from Malzahn because he was most definitely thought of as simply Malzahn's guy. And I love the fact that he doesn't seem to shut it down like Malzahn does. Good ole Gus will get conservative as **** when he gets a lead. Lashlee however, seems to have that Mortal Kombat "finish him" look on his face. Gotta love it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great post LCE. I agree. Are you concerned with Baker and the D?
Yes & no.

The two toughest offenses we'll face this season are Clemson & Louisville, after that only UNC has a real formidable threat in terms of QB/RB/WR trio, but even with that said I think we'll handle them soundly.

NC St will be a sneaky game as well, they looked really good with Bailey Hockman, but I need to watch the full game to get a better read on what their sequences were & exactly how they were calling plays. NC St has a new OC, Herman's old OC at Texas Tim Beck, Herman fired him for being too vanilla of a play caller, but he's an old Fat man Mark Mangino disciple from Kansas & was with Bo Pelini at Nebraska for his entire tenure, so he's not really an aggressive OC, that will attack us with too much complexity.

I think our biggest issues this season will be LB's not getting sucked up in the hole (giggity) & being more disciplined with gap integrity & figuring out who will be the full time Boundary Corner going forward.

Otherwise, we'll maintain a top 15 Defense like we've done the last 4 years, people are really overreacting if they think every team is gonna put up yardage on us like LVille did, I can guarantee you they won't.

Every time UL had hope, Lashlee just rips it away. Those 75 yard runs were a thing of beauty. He keeps bailing out the defense. Baker needs to have his play calling pulled. Lashlee really turned this offense around, he’ll 100% get calls after this season. We need to do whatever it takes to keep him.
Bailing out the defense is exactly right, I'm not sure why if you're playing a running team, just bring in the 3rd linebacker, the strikers get manhandled in therun game for to often. At one point baker got forced to go with 3 linebackers. On film we have to many weaknesses on defense when it comes to scheme/player alignments + player tendecies. Offensively, rhett has shown the common sense approach I noticed he had early on, and the transfer in QB is doing a nice job thus far, but we haven't played any legit defenses just yet, but he's definitely got talent for sure, his pocket presence needs to go up, he bails out to the right far to often, in stead of stepping up and out in the pocket, maybe that'll increase.

The best play I seen all night was cam harris turning down those td rings, that corny **** needs to go.

Advertisement
Yes & no.

The two toughest offenses we'll face this season are Clemson & Louisville, after that only UNC has a real formidable threat in terms of QB/RB/WR trio, but even with that said I think we'll handle them soundly.

NC St will be a sneaky game as well, they looked really good with Bailey Hockman, but I need to watch the full game to get a better read on what their sequences were & exactly how they were calling plays. NC St has a new OC, Herman's old OC at Texas Tim Beck, Herman fired him for being too vanilla of a play caller, but he's an old Fat man Mark Mangino disciple from Kansas & was with Bo Pelini at Nebraska for his entire tenure, so he's not really an aggressive OC, that will attack us with too much complexity.

I think our biggest issues this season will be LB's not getting sucked up in the hole (giggity) & being more disciplined with gap integrity & figuring out who will be the full time Boundary Corner going forward.

Otherwise, we'll maintain a top 15 Defense like we've done the last 4 years, people are really overreacting if they think every team is gonna put up yardage on us like LVille did, I can guarantee you they won't.
I like what you're saying. My gut feeling is I don't have any confidence in Baker. His playcalling for me is erratic, @Liberty City El

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back