My Post Game Recap

Mccloud doesnt need to be on the field that much..To be honest they need to give his minutes to some one else. His next play will be his first play made....he is constantly lost..and never makes plays. At this point im all for Charles Perry out there more than him.
His 3rd down snaps should be split between Perry & Owens.

He's been taking bad angles all year & the penalties from him are just frustrations plays.

I think he's a talented kid, but he's mentally not checked in the game. He might be overthinking it out there & it's causing him to lose focus, especially against the run.

Hes always over runs angles or takes bad ones, no feel for the game. they need to be recruiting replacements asap

I agree with this. He just doesn't appear to have any kind of instincts or toughness. A measureables type guy who just isn't a good football player.
He didn't look that tentative or have a lack of toughness last season. Of course, there weren't any expectations.

Respectfully disagree, watching last year's games in the off season I saw alot of the same issues. He always seemed late to the play. The few times he made a play, few, he seemed to luck into it. Hate to keep bagging on the kid but he needs to be a backup at this point.

Advertisement
We are an above average team with a good defense, no running game due to loss of Walton and poor OL strength, and passing game dependent on big plays.

We have 12-13 less kids on scholarship then the 85 max.

We have a top 3 recruiting class and 7-0 record while are two rivals are sinking.

Give me the VT win and the coastal and this year is a major success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree

What frustrates us is UGA is savaging, but I expected that with the class Smart pulled in. Its like UGA rise ****es some of us off cause we have there x coach

Agree with y'all. We're ahead of schedule , but the schedule finally gets real. If we split the next two games and take care of business we'll hit goal. First acccg appearance.

[TWEET]924389607139086336[/TWEET]

I honestly don't know what to say about the number of turnovers we're getting and the amount we aren't scoring. It's frustrating as ****. I have no doubt we can beat VT & ND, but can we keep making plays at the right times often enough to beat both? Who knows. Like every other week, I'm just focused on winning one more.

Remember boys and girls, the real problems are on defense.

We are an above average team with a good defense, no running game due to loss of Walton and poor OL strength, and passing game dependent on big plays.

We have a top 3 recruiting class and 7-0 record while are two rivals are sinking.

The problem is the same issue (on offense) remains.

I honestly don't know what to say about the number of turnovers we're getting and the amount we aren't scoring. It's frustrating as ****. I have no doubt we can beat VT & ND, but can we keep making plays at the right times often enough to beat both? Who knows. Like every other week, I'm just focused on winning one more.

We have problems there too, but you're about 2 years late with that comment.

Advertisement

Agree with you 100%

We are 91st in the country on Points scored off Turnovers. That's just insane considering how much talent we have at the skill positions.

Our Redzone Offense is horrendous, and while the OL plays a huge part in that, a lot of it is on Play call & execution.

Our Defense is getting key Turnovers and it's a shame the offense cant capitalize off it.

We should've dominated this game, it shouldn't have been close at all.

But I'm still confident we can beat Va Tech next week, just hope this team gets healthy & plays up to the competition.

Agree with you 100%

We are 91st in the country on Points scored off Turnovers. That's just insane considering how much talent we have at the skill positions.

Our Redzone Offense is horrendous, and while the OL plays a huge part in that, a lot of it is on Play call & execution.

Our Defense is getting key Turnovers and it's a shame the offense cant capitalize off it.

We should've dominated this game, it shouldn't have been close at all.

But I'm still confident we can beat Va Tech next week, just hope this team gets healthy & plays up to the competition.

That's the thing, playing a bad team close doesn't change the fact that I'm confident about next weekend. We always play 3% better than our opponent, so we win and we'll win next week too. I'll get more grey hair and my ulcer will grow, but we'll win.

And who knew they kept a stat for points off turnovers? Makes sense, but I feel like they didn't bother keeping track until somebody figured out we suck at it.

REAL

REAL

Have to disagree on that. D could be much better, but when the O continually fails to score off turnovers, I have to put the blame on them. For my money, the O is the REAL problem.

Advertisement

agree

What frustrates us is UGA is savaging, but I expected that with the class Smart pulled in. Its like UGA rise ****es some of us off cause we have there x coach

Agree with y'all. We're ahead of schedule , but the schedule finally gets real. If we split the next two games and take care of business we'll hit goal. First acccg appearance.

A split in the next two games is irrelevant. We need to beat VT point blank, ND game has no barring on coastal race. I cant even think about acccg the way were playing. I'll take the Ws but not really impressed by our week to week play.

Last edited:

REAL

Have to disagree on that. D could be much better, but when the O continually fails to score off turnovers, I have to put the blame on them. For my money, the O is the REAL problem.

Sarcasm. [Here is a different post I had about this today]

IMO, one thing is very obvious...[This is our performance during conference play]

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

Cuse

Points Allowed: 19
Yards Allowed: 399
Turnovers Forced: 4

UNC

Yards Allowed: 428
Tackles For Loss: 10

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 16.2
Yards Allowed: 372.6
Turnovers Forced: 2.6
Tackles For Loss: 9.2

What more do you want the D to do? They're holding teams to 16.2 PPG while forcing 2.6 TOs per game. Are they perfect? NO. But how much more do you expect?

REAL

Sarcasm. [Here is a different post I had about this today]

IMO, one thing is very obvious...[This is our performance during conference play]

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

Cuse

Yards Allowed: 399

UNC

Yards Allowed: 428
Tackles For Loss: 10

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 16.2
Yards Allowed: 372.6
Turnovers Forced: 2.6
Tackles For Loss: 9.2

What more do you want the D to do? They're holding teams to 16.2 PPG while forcing 2.6 TOs per game. Are they perfect? NO. But how much more do you expect?

I'm sure you hadn't noticed, but I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

Offense putting the ball in the endzone means more momentum for us, which in turn means bigger leads, which in turn means more uncomfortable situations for opposing teams, which means low percentage plays being called, which means shorter drives, which means less time on the field for our defense.

The defense is causing turnovers, but unfortunately, the offense is doing nothing with the opportunities. The offense is at the root of the additional yardage we're giving up late in games because our guys are in there for an unnecessary amount of plays

Execute the offense, score in the redzone, and run the ******* ball and we aren't having this discussion about our defense. Truthfully, we shouldn't be having this discussion about our defense anyways, they're the reason we're 7-0

Advertisement
Good Post Liberty. Why doesn't Richt move the pocket some when the DL is getting to the QB? Rosier must have had 4 or 5 balls battle down by the DL. He's short, he's having trouble getting the ball over them.

agree

A split in the next two games is irrelevant. We need to beat VT point blank, ND game has no barring on coastal race. I cant even think about acccg the way were playing. I'll take the Ws but not really impressed by our week to week play.

As much as I hate ND, it doesn't really matter if we beat them as long as we beat VT. Unless Dook or somebody wants to help us out, which I doubt.

#99 saved our season by stripping the ball out from their RB in the 4th quarter. Huge play.

Homer's a baller but please wrap the ball up with both hands at the end of games. That was literally the only thing he had to worry about in the last two minutes. WRAP IT UP WITH BOTH HANDS & DON'T TURN IT OVER IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES.

Primary WR should be: Richards, Langham, Berrios, Thomas & Herndon. If they consistently receive 90% of the targets, this offense will be way more consistent. I love the big plays by Jeff Thomas (awesome to see) but I like Herndon & Langham consistently catching the ball and moving the chains even more. Our offense would be unstoppable if these 5 get 90% of the targets. Just win baby the next few weeks and these 5 are the way to do that. No more wasted plays, drops, and inconsistencies.

The INTs by Redwine, Perry and MJ were so important. Great to see our DBs becoming ball hawks again (refreshing after years of playing way off under the prior coaches).

Props to Garvin on the blocked kick. That's also a hallmark of Miami special teams from the 80s and 90s. Suffocate the opponent in every phase of the game.

Great to see big #55 back. We need him badly against VT and ND.

Not the prettiest win but with TCU and Penn State having lost, this was a critical ACC Coastal win.

Props to the players and the coaches on a great season so far. We're still probably 1-2 years away from winning a MNC but this team is starting to feel a little like a team of destiny.

Advertisement
Richt is making it easy for defenses with the predictable play calling. Each series looks exactly the same as the next. Our players on Offense aren’t being put in place to make things happen regularly. It’s Boom or Bust. If the defense would clean up their tackling they’d get off the field more

Mccloud doesnt need to be on the field that much..To be honest they need to give his minutes to some one else. His next play will be his first play made....he is constantly lost..and never makes plays. At this point im all for Charles Perry out there more than him.

Hes done to me if the switch aint go on now its never going on

I have to disagree. We all thought Owens and Perry were JAGs here. Perry had a critical interception in the game. For McCloud its a mental thing. He came on strong in the latter half of his freshman year. Don't know what it is, but all of our starting LBs have taken a step back to some degree. Pinckney and Shaq have shook it off and gained their footing; McCloud hasn't. Hopefully McCloud has a monster game next week and we all eat crow.

Offense putting the ball in the endzone means more momentum for us, which in turn means bigger leads, which in turn means more uncomfortable situations for opposing teams, which means low percentage plays being called, which means shorter drives, which means less time on the field for our defense.

The defense is causing turnovers, but unfortunately, the offense is doing nothing with the opportunities. The offense is at the root of the additional yardage we're giving up late in games because our guys are in there for an unnecessary amount of plays

Execute the offense, score in the redzone, and run the ******* ball and we aren't having this discussion about our defense. Truthfully, we shouldn't be having this discussion about our defense anyways, they're the reason we're 7-0
All facts...

I'm a Pro Style guy til I die, but man we need an infusion of some Spread Concepts in this Offense.

We have a running QB who barely ever runs, we should be using him on Pitch/QB Option plays, just to keep Defenses from teeing off on the run game.

And why TF haven't we run a Zone Read with Rosier in the Redzone yet? Or, just fake the **** handoff, stick the ball in Homer's chest & hit Herndon/Langham in the back of the End Zone.

We're leaving too many points on the field.

Honestly I don't recall McCloud being that good last year either... late in the season he flashed at times, definitely stood out where I started to believe he has potential but not to the point where I was just sold on his play. I never thought he had more potential than Pinckney or Quarterman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back