My Post Game Recap

good post but wouldn't agree that our defense was great. we made some great plays and a good volume of them but we continue to get gashed on too many important plays where we just can't get off the field. the 3rd and 25 conversion changed the entire dynamic of the game as if we get the ball and score there that game is not as close. thought we tackled a lot better today and nice to see us stop trying to run DT's off the field from the far hash getting burned 3 times in the first half for too many men on the field.

That's going to happen when they play 93 snaps. The majority of SU's plays went for an average of 2 yards or something ridiculous.

valid point which leads me to my real frustration with this game. everyone knew that Cuse is uptempo and was going to try to break big plays late from wearing us down which they did with their late TD. time of possession is something that should of been the focus of our offensive game plan and we had 30:41 which is good from one perspective but not against a team like Cuse. going 3/13 on third down has a lot to do with that and that is what allowed them to hang around. yes on paper we put up yards which is good but we lacked flow of our offense and the best way to bury teams like Cuse is to but a strong emphasis on keeping their offense off the field and our gameplan on offense just didn't feel like that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back