My Post Game Recap - Va Tech

It's true, Diaz called the Defense this game, he didn't allow Baker to make any play calls, he just contributed on personnel substitutions & play charting.

This was Diaz's game on Defense though.
You could tell with his play sheet and the defensive Analysts continue to come over to him. I wonder if he made the Blades/Couch call.

Advertisement
Much respect @Liberty City El Let the TC hype begin!!!

Well Done Reaction GIF by Joey Bada$$

Tbh blades would be a problem if he’d turn his head around but that’s another story.

couch played a great game, i just hope people learn to keep the hype in check. already posts in here about first team all ACC and the NFL. reminds me that after the louisville game ppl were calling bubba bolden the best safety in the country and saying he was going to be a first round pick. ppl say a lot of the same things about harrison-hunte based off of 25-30 snaps per game. there are going to be ups and downs in a lot of these kids careers... for everyone's sake let's just keep this in mind. he's balling tho

He had a bad missed tackle in the open field vs Jalen Holston on 3rd down in the 4th quarter iirc.

Good for him not getting thrown out though lol but he's just not played well enough, but I love him, his family & my Dad's side of the family in Riveria Beach are very close. He's really a good dude off the field, he just struggled playing Safety here.

Although, I will say the staff has been using him more at Backer on 3rd downs & sending him on Blitzes, which is actually what he's best at. He should've been converted to LB last year.
My thoughts exactly @ converting him to LB

Advertisement
Per usual great write up...
The drop by Wiggins hurts
Bolden’s play has been disappointing
Our OL....ugh
Our DL has been really good
With this game, I felt like we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with a bad play call here, a drop there, a penalty here, etc.
But like you said...we did enough to win.
Our undisciplined chirping frustrates the shizzle out of me as well.
On to GT...let’s go Canes!
It wasn't even the OLine today.

Scaife personally ended 5 drives. Everyone else was fine.

It wasn't even the OLine today.

Scaife personally ended 5 drives. Everyone else was fine.
There were a few plays where Jarrid missed his assignment & Zion & Traore got beat a few time too.

But Scaife was just noticeably worse than everyone else. The rest of the line had moments where they did good, but Scaife was bad from the coin flip til triple 0's on the clock.

He was getting worked by Hewitt.

Advertisement
Feeley deserves some MAJOR credit. Our d-line not being gassed in the 4th with the snaps played and lack of depth and zero fatigue injuries is a **** of a thing.
Agreed.

I remember seeing him getting fired up in the 4th after Chaney had a good run where lowered his shoulder & got a few extra yards, actually it was on the go ahead TD drive to Pope.

Feeley has been a really good S&C coach IMO, well at the very least he's been significantly better than Gus "Fatman" Felder lol.

If @Liberty City El is optimistic, then my optimism is validated.

The one thing that bothered me was the sacks on third down. The OL personnel issues explain some, but it was still bothersome.
The game should not have been this close. Our OL killed mucho momentum. At one point, I thought I saw King get up and walk gingerly to the sideline, and that’s when I blew my top. Scaife made #25 look like he’s a #1 overall draft pick. Seeing Scaife get beat and then hold his hands out looking side to side after he got emasculated as a football player, ****ed me off.

We need a real infusion of OL talent. VT is a poorly coached team this yr on defense, and they looked like a top 15 unit.

Advertisement
If Miami wins every game next season by 1 point, and wins the national championship game by 1, I GUARANTEE we would have posters come on here to say that it was the worst championship team ever and they should be ashamed to to hold the trophy. Such is the ****tiness of our fan base, which has more contempt for its own team than any other.

Advertisement
The game should not have been this close. Our OL killed mucho momentum. At one point, I thought I saw King get up and walk gingerly to the sideline, and that’s when I blew my top. Scaife made #25 look like he’s a #1 overall draft pick. Seeing Scaife get beat and then hold his hands out looking side to side after he got emasculated as a football player, ****ed me off.

We need a real infusion of OL talent. VT is a poorly coached team this yr on defense, and they looked like a top 15 unit.
where do ppl get the idea that the game shouldn't have been close? VT was favored, rating systems like SP+ that are very similar to vegas' models have these teams as roughly equal in quality, and we were missing like 20% of our roster due to covid, mostly along both lines. the game was always going to be close and played as a close game throughout, neither team is good enough to blow out the other in general and weren't today either. y'all are just making things up.

Coach Cooney was one of the main ones helping Diaz out today with charting & personnel.
Liberty City El said:
It's true, Diaz called the Defense this game, he didn't allow Baker to make any play calls, he just contributed on personnel substitutions & play charting.

This was Diaz's game on Defense though.

So the DC isn't calling plays, AND doesn't even appear to be primary in terms of assisting/communicating with Diaz regarding substitutions and play charting? Baker is "contributing" with play charting & substitutions...wow.

Advertisement
Back