My Post Game recap (Super long & critical of the staff)

But seriously though My takeaways:

Richt seriously needs to figure out the Redzone/3rd down Offense. In the Redzone I think we seriously need to go undecenter in singleback. We literally take every snap out of shotgun, and when you're in short yardage, that just ins't great for Running. Like seriously including the game tying Field Goal, we had 4 trips inside the Redzone that we could not score TD's on. Then I think we went 2/12 on 3rd down. Just not good.

We absolutely need to attack the middle of the field more. And those bubble screens were nice. I'm surprised we haven't done that more, after doing it so much last year. Also I'm kinda tired of the fades in the redzone to short WRs....and not even to Berrios. I'm sorry but Harley is getting WAY too much PT. Langham and Thomas should both be getting more PT than him now at this point. Langham and Richards on the outside with Berrios in the slot.

Defense bent early, but then stiffened up. Basically didn't allow **** in the 2nd half. I'll take only 280yards allowed and only 220yards rushing vs GTech any day.

Advertisement
2nd half defense: 96 yards 3 points allowed

Total for game 281 total yards 17 points allowed

Offense has work to do though

Exactly, I'll take that every year vs GTech.

Offense has 2 goals the rest of the season. Improve Consistency and Improve Efficiency particularly in Redzone and on 3rd down.

I also wanna add that this team is deeper than everybody else including ourselves like to give credit for....

Michael Pinckney went out in the 1st half, that's basically 6 starters out and we still can win games.

First off I like to read everyone's post and thoughts. I rarely post on here but man this game was frustrating in a lot of ways. First off, I know a lot of you love Rosier and all that but man he really isn't that good. Very inconsistent with his throws, extemely slow starter, and makes terrible reads in the read option. He should have handed the ball off to Homer a ton of times through the read option. Second his lobs are always underthrown. It just feels like he is eventually going to cost us a game. We were inside the 10 twice and he kept throwing lobs instead of running the ball with Homer. Defense played a really good game throughout. Except of course for Knowles, who sucks the big one. Anyways good lucky win but lets keep getting after it. Keep running homer and hopefully Rosier can get consistent quick

Advertisement
Would be good if they could get Cager going. He and Langham would be better redzone targets than the smaller guys.

I'm ecstatic that we are 5 and 0 in crontrol of the coastal.
I'm not sure if we are getting better or just simply surviving but I'll enjoy it regardless.

Advertisement
The W is what matters but they do need to work on some things. What is weird is all season Richt has been average calling plays in the 1st half and great in the 2nd and especially when it matters. So just do what what you do in the 2nd half in the first as well. No problems with our D as we adjusted at half and played our *** off missing both studs at CB as Delaney would of had a feild day defending that pitch play. We have some stuff we need to improve on but we still are the best team not named Clemson in the ACC and IMO the 5th or 6th best team right now.
My top 5 would be
1. Bama 2. PSU 3. UGA 4. Washington 5. MIami . Wisky and TCU are overrated.

Advertisement
Back