My Post Game Recap: Pitt

Advertisement
Wait..that prep school from the show “Power” isn’t fictitious?? Lol! Choate is a real school?? Lol.

Great points. You were the lone poster who said TVD would put Garcia on the bench and you were right. Dead right. Garcia gonna have to wait his turn. This is TVDs team now.
lol.

I went to Choate :)

It’s got nothing to do with TRob & everything to do with Diaz...

Just look at TRob’s track record before he got to Miami, then all of the sudden he gets to Miami & can’t coach DB’s anymore?? If he was producing 1st rounders at South Car & UF, but then at Miami is struggling with players he inherited what does that tell you?

None of the players on this team are his recruits.
That's so true. TRob's job is teaching technique
It is the responsibility of the D-Coordinator to scheme. There is no coordination with the pass defense. In Sundays game between the Saints and Bucs , Brady's 2nd INT was a direct result of disguising the coverage and the players staying disciplined and in sync with their assignment. I know it's the NFL , but it's a good example of what a properly played defense can do.

That's so true. TRob's job is teaching technique
It is the responsibility of the D-Coordinator to scheme. There is no coordination with the pass defense. In Sundays game between the Saints and Bucs , Brady's 2nd INT was a direct result of disguising the coverage and the players staying disciplined and in sync with their assignment. I know it's the NFL , but it's a good example of what a properly played defense can do.
Outside of a guy we inherited from GA, our corners are just not good football players. That is part of the problem, as well.

“Given how awful our Defense is I don’t expect us to win out, you can’t play this bad on defense & expect to win on a weekly basis, eventually it will catch up to us when our offense isn’t clicking on all cylinders & that’s when we’ll have another bad asswhoopin. We just better hope it ain’t at Doak Campbell”

That’s the reality. It catches up as sample size increases. FSU. Bowl game. You hope you ate that very rare exception to the rule.

Advertisement
“Given how awful our Defense is I don’t expect us to win out, you can’t play this bad on defense & expect to win on a weekly basis, eventually it will catch up to us when our offense isn’t clicking on all cylinders & that’s when we’ll have another bad asswhoopin. We just better hope it ain’t at Doak Campbell”

That’s the reality. It catches up as sample size increases. FSU. Bowl game. You hope you ate that very rare exception to the rule.
Regression to the mean always smacks this team back into reality.

I think our toughest game left will be vs VA Tech, that’s a very losable game for us.

Regression to the mean always smacks this team back into reality.

I think our toughest game left will be vs VA Tech, that’s a very losable game for us.
offense has been tearing it up the past couple weeks, but as soon as they blink, it's a wrap with how horrendous the defense is. and i'd say the O is likely to have an off day at some point given TVD's inexperience (don't get me wrong, he's been fantastic lately, but like any young QB he's liable to have a dud game somewhere in there), shoddy OL etc. ****, we saw them hang 42 on UNC and that wasn't enough.

I’d also love to see us run a lot more quick slants on 3rd downs, it seems on 3rd & anything longer than 6 we tend to run a lot of deep routes that require TVD to hold onto the ball for longer than he should. IMO we need to get the ball out quick & allow for the WR’s/TE’s to get some YAC yards on some of those 3rd down plays because whenever defenses Blitz us it’s almost a forgone conclusion it’s gonna be a sack if there isn’t already a predetermined hot route queued up.
I really like what he ran on the 3rd down play to end the game with Mallory. Even though he fumbled that play looked great.

Advertisement
I'd like to think that Diaz would bring in someone to run the DEF.

I'll even go a step further and say that Diaz can absolutely sell to DEs that his defensive concept is good for them. That's one thing he's missing that he's always had since being here....studs at DE.

As far as LB goes, I don't have the slightest clue....

As you stated previously, CBs/DBs will come as long as TRob is at the helm.

Of course this is all a moot point if this winning streak isn't completed with 7 straight wins ending hoisting up that ACC Championship trophy
Idk if he can even sell that to recruits with smart people behind them. It is a end friendly system but it seems to me you have to be a freak of nature to eat at that position too. Rousseau and JP were freaks

Advertisement
Back