My Post Game Recap: Pitt

Advertisement
JW bailed the D out. Mandy Diass had Jagone covering the ******* middle on a game deciding drive.
Seriously what the fvck was this?
D8732691-E6B5-43D2-BEE0-01C71833464C.jpeg

Just came in to say Tecoury Couch hasnt played the ball all year....and gave up a **** 50 yd crosser to a TE. He has totally regressed and is playing scared out there.

We have to keep that kid Graves committed because he play s alot in this D next year even if he is only 17 years old

Also i didnt see you mention Ragone...who played a bit with Jennings went down. We desperately need a portal LB in this class.
Gimme two portal LB' and send Jennings, Steed, and Flagg to the moon at this point.

Yes, I agree great write-up thanks. I do feel obliged to mention that I saw Clarke make several capable tackles.... maybe nothing to write home about, but compared to our nation-leading bad reputation, I thought he was at least OK today, maybe a pleasant surprise (to me.)

I was a Garcia rooter (still am) but dang ready to admit that ballin TVByke has been **** impressive, and largely responsible for the 2 recent upsets.

Just came in to say Tecoury Couch hasnt played the ball all year....and gave up a **** 50 yd crosser to a TE. He has totally regressed and is playing scared out there.

We have to keep that kid Graves committed because he play s alot in this D next year even if he is only 17 years old

Also i didnt see you mention Ragone...who played a bit with Jennings went down. We desperately need a portal LB in this class.
Couch hasn't regressed much... He wasn't very good in coverage last year either. He made a few timely PBRs and a couple sacks but guys were also running open on him on the regular as well. Teams were having to get the ball out so fast last year that they couldn't exploit our corners inability to cover anyone. Of course our corners get absolutely no help inside either. I honestly think our corners have the hardest jobs on our team given the lack of help their are given schematically and the amount responsibility they seem to have.

Advertisement
Yeah Couch is playing Bandy did after his Sophomore year, it looks like he’s overthinking & being reactionary instead of playing instinctually.

He’s a classic case of a kid that plays better with less coaching, you can tell he’s counting steps in his head & trying to stay true to whatever the coaches are telling him to do, but its affecting his technique & he’s getting burned out there because he’s not just playing natural ball.

It’s what happens to nearly every good player in the Diaz Defense, they play great as Freshmen who have no idea what they’re doing because they’re just playing ball, then they get a bunch of conflicting coaching & it slows them down on the field because they’re thinking too much.

And yeah Ragu got some snaps, which is more classic Diaz lol, Huff can’t play, Chase Smith can’t play but that’s just what it is with Diaz, it’s the reason why he’s struggled so bad in recruiting premier LB’s because he has no idea what it takes to develop them. In fact, all our best LB’s on the team are converted Safeties like Keontra & Gilbert lol.

Agree with you on Graves, but unless TRob is retained our Secondary for the 2022 recruiting class is screwed.

We’re gonna have to hit the Portal for at least 2 LB’s & 2 CB’s IMO, along with another DE, a TE, another WR, as many OL’s as we can find & just about any good player that wants to come here lol.

great stuff LCE

do you know why Chase Smith is not playing?

man this offense is so much better just giving Arroyo 50% of Malory snaps… just 50%

How we gonna trot Ragone over cave or really any other LB? Is Brooks still on the team?

great stuff LCE

do you know why Chase Smith is not playing?

man this offense is so much better just giving Arroyo 50% of Malory snaps… just 50%
I think the staff is planning on redshirting Chase, so they’re not gonna play him.

But who knows tbh, I used to think that about Huff too & they’ve parked him permanently on the bench.

Chase is a terrific athlete, I still believe he could’ve came here as a WR &played because he was a really good WR in HS too, but ultimately Diaz & Patke have completely fcked up our LB corps for years now & without Shaq & Pink to bail them out they’ve been exposed for how bad they are at LB development.

Advertisement
Great recap @Liberty City El well done my dude

- I didn’t realize Rambo had that many yards. Had 2 big drops. Frustrating. But I guess if he was more $, he wouldn’t have been in the portal

- Restrepo has some hands man. That dude is just fun to watch

- I don’t understand why Thad or Cody didn’t get the rock on that goal line. One of them needed to be in there for Rooster

- You nailed it. Pass to open up the run. We don’t need to be completely one dimentional but we have a formula, identity or whatever you want to call it. Just go with it and embrace it. We’ve got the athletes

- our D smh. It’s beyond embarrassing at this point. It seemed like Pitt was running the same routes most of the time and we still couldn’t stop them. That draw on 3rd and forever is so Manny. You can include Carter on your naughty list. Had a great blitz set up in a big spot and he completely whiffed.

I think the staff is planning on redshirting Chase, so they’re not gonna play him.

But who knows tbh, I used to think that about Huff too & they’ve parked him permanently on the bench.

Chase is a terrific athlete, I still believe he could’ve came here as a WR &played because he was a really good WR in HS too, but ultimately Diaz & Patke have completely fcked up our LB corps for years now & without Shaq & Pink to bail them out they’ve been exposed for how bad they are at LB development.
thank you man ..really a sorry bunch at LB

But Chase looked the parts at LB in the Sprint Game… weird stuff

Yeah Couch is playing like Bandy did after his Sophomore year, it looks like he’s overthinking & being reactionary instead of playing instinctually.

He’s a classic case of a kid that plays better with less coaching, you can tell he’s counting steps in his head & trying to stay true to whatever the coaches are telling him to do, but its affecting his technique & he’s getting burned out there because he’s not just playing natural ball.

It’s what happens to nearly every good player in the Diaz Defense, they play great as Freshmen who have no idea what they’re doing because they’re just playing ball, then they get a bunch of conflicting coaching & it slows them down on the field because they’re thinking too much.

And yeah Ragu got some snaps, which is more classic Diaz lol, Huff can’t play, Chase Smith can’t play but that’s just what it is with Diaz, it’s the reason why he’s struggled so bad in recruiting premier LB’s because he has no idea what it takes to develop them. In fact, all our best LB’s on the team are converted Safeties like Keontra & Gilbert lol.

Agree with you on Graves, but unless TRob is retained our Secondary for the 2022 recruiting class is screwed.

We’re gonna have to hit the Portal for at least 2 LB’s & 2 CB’s IMO, along with another DE, a TE, another WR, as many OL’s as we can find & just about any good player that wants to come here lol.
So many players from the portal? That doesn't make the odds good on getting a good player.at every position...

Advertisement
One thing I notice in all the names you listed on O and D is there are very few upperclassman and a few of the ones that are listed are transfers..

Advertisement
Yeah Couch is playing like Bandy did after his Sophomore year, it looks like he’s overthinking & being reactionary instead of playing instinctually.

Great write up, LCE!

Been saying this forever. Kids look good to great their FR year, then look like jags afterwards because of our head corch. Been happening since his first season as DC.

Couch is definitely thinking way too much, instead of just ballin.’

On another note, Flagg is probably the slowest starting LB I’ve ever seen at the U. He looks like he’s running in quicksand.

Great recap @Liberty City El well done my dude

- I didn’t realize Rambo had that many yards. Had 2 big drops. Frustrating. But I guess if he was more $, he wouldn’t have been in the portal

- Restrepo has some hands man. That dude is just fun to watch

- I don’t understand why Thad or Cody didn’t get the rock on that goal line. One of them needed to be in there for Rooster

- You nailed it. Pass to open up the run. We don’t need to be completely one dimentional but we have a formula, identity or whatever you want to call it. Just go with it and embrace it. We’ve got the athletes

- our D smh. It’s beyond embarrassing at this point. It seemed like Pitt was running the same routes most of the time and we still couldn’t stop them. That draw on 3rd and forever is so Manny. You can include Carter on your naughty list. Had a great blitz set up in a big spot and he completely whiffed.
Yeah on the play that resulted in FG, TVD had Rambro on a quick slant that if he catches it would’ve been a walk in TD & Rambro dropped a great Flea flicker play as well on a post pattern.

But otherwise, he played a good game. Rambro is our best WR bar none, he makes the most catches & is always good to move the chains at the boundary & is usually making tough catches with a CB draped in coverage all over him. His hands can be inconsistent sometimes, but overall he’s an invaluable piece to the offense.

Advertisement
Back