My moms conversation with Shalala

She's a 65 year old social worker at the VA. Took the day off work to attend the San Francisco alumni luncheon just for this conversation:

M: Hey Donna, I met you at the 2001 rose bowl.

D: O, wasn't that fun?

M: Yeah. So how about a coach?

D: We have a coach.

M: How about one that can take us to a bowl game?

D: we went to a bowl game, in Shreveport.

M: what about a more prominent bowl game with a better coach?

D: well he's a new coach who's just getting over NCAA sanctions, this was his first year.

No lies. My moms got more stones than Michael Irvin at least.

Donna probably isn't even involved with the football program that much. She could care less what is going on with it, good or bad. The problem we have right now is trying to save Miami's football as a Div. 1 program, because NO ONE IN CHARGE GIVES A RAT'S A## if we have one AT ALL. My biggest concern is that this admins and BOT will hire someone who will DROP THE PROGRAM ENTIRELY, or at least drop it a division level. This school really doesn't give a ****.

What a chit show! It just keeps getting worse.

Advertisement
She's a 65 year old social worker at the VA. Took the day off work to attend the San Francisco alumni luncheon just for this conversation:

D: well he's a new coach who's just getting over NCAA sanctions, this was his first year.

Her next question should have been..."well how about a new President who give a ****?"

Same exact thing she told me. She insulted me a little more though when she said "a lot of teams would love to have the coaching staff we have". I couldn't believe it.

**** me, she really said that?

Advertisement

Same exact thing she told me. She insulted me a little more though when she said "a lot of teams would love to have the coaching staff we have". I couldn't believe it.

Yes.

she said something a little different about four years ago when I was a senior.

something to the lines of our players being soft.

her exact words were "i took a cortisone shot so i can get through graduation and shake everyone's hands. I'm tougher than our football team!"

she also said for the first time ever, our academic ranking is higher than our football team's ranking. like that's some accomplishment by either party.

Advertisement

Yes.

you should have answered, "yeah, but i thought we held ourselves to higher standards academically and athletically".

Advertisement
1. She does not even give a **** anymore and whether she believes that statement or not she's just going to parrot it anyway.

2. I talked to a graduate student at Tufts. You better hope and pray to whatever upper level deity you believe in that Admiral Stavridis gets hired because the house cleaning, responsible accountability, and savage push for excellence in everything will be awe-inspiring.

Yes.

you should have answered, "yeah, but i thought we held ourselves to higher standards academically and athletically".

I was at a loss for words. I was like: "how stupid does she think I am? I hope the people here see through that answer!"! Then I realized how far we had fallen as a program.

Advertisement

the sooner u guys realize she checked out the better. she doesn't give a **** bout who the coach is next year.

Advertisement
Back