My moms conversation with Shalala

OrangetieFatface

Thunderdome
She's a 65 year old social worker at the VA. Took the day off work to attend the San Francisco alumni luncheon just for this conversation:

M: Hey Donna, I met you at the 2001 rose bowl.

D: O, wasn't that fun?

M: Yeah. So how about a coach?

D: We have a coach.

M: How about one that can take us to a bowl game?

D: we went to a bowl game, in Shreveport.

M: what about a more prominent bowl game with a better coach?

D: well he's a new coach who's just getting over NCAA sanctions, this was his first year.

No lies. My moms got more stones than Michael Irvin at least.

Advertisement
tumblr_lqg30vBrtu1qmqr2ho1_500.gif

Props to your mom. That's amazing. It is absolutely incredible that DS was the cause of the NCAA mess. She should have been booted the second the picture of her holding the Shapiro check surfaced.

She's a 65 year old social worker at the VA. Took the day off work to attend the San Francisco alumni luncheon just for this conversation:

D: well he's a new coach who's just getting over NCAA sanctions, this was his first year.

Same exact thing she told me. She insulted me a little more though when she said "a lot of teams would love to have the coaching staff we have". I couldn't believe it.

Advertisement
Good stuff, OTFF. It's good to see how out of touch UM's leadership is. That might explain why Albola hasn't made any changes.

DS is a politician and knows how to repeat soundbites. While she raised a lot of money for the school, her legacy in the area of athletics and UHealth is *****.

Same exact thing she told me. She insulted me a little more though when she said "a lot of teams would love to have the coaching staff we have". I couldn't believe it.

She's kind of right though: UAB, Texas Southern, Minnesota-Mankato, Arizona Western College, Christian School for the Blind, East Virginia Tech, ITT Tech, Devry.....all wish they had our coaching staph, but that's about it.

There is no hope with Shalala in charge.

Advertisement
Stupid is as stupid does.

Ive said it before....I work in higher ed and you find the smartest dumbest people there.

Advertisement
Probably better that she didn't fire him; she'd replace him with another clown. If the new prez comes in and cleans house, we'll at least have better odds (theoretically anyway) of getting a better replacement.

Advertisement
Your mom has nothing to lose compared to Michael Irvin. You have no idea the kind of comments or suggestions Irvin makes to the AD or the Prez if they were to talk. Irvin doesn't want to say anything really bad about the program publicly, which is understandable.

Advertisement
Back