My main issue with this team

Ericsoncane

Recruit
The main problem I see has nothing to do with playcalling on offense or defense. The main issue I see is our lack of discipline, execution and accountability.

This falls on Manny. There needs to be consequences to the players if they're constantly making mistakes. It starts at practice and filters into the games and it's the most frustrating thing to watch. It's more frustrating than the playcalling or schemes we run. It's the reason we don't block a play right or miss a tackle. It's the reason why were usually one of the most penalized teams in the country. Obviously this falls on Manny but it's been a problem for the better part of 20 years.

I'm sick of watching a team that looks so unprepared and unmotivated to play football. I can deal with us losing because a teams better than us more than I can with the total lack of accountability. We can switch schemes all we want but until this is fixed we will never be a top 10 team.

Advertisement
The main problem I see has nothing to do with playcalling on offense or defense. The main issue I see is our lack of discipline, execution and accountability.

This falls on Manny. There needs to be consequences to the players if they're constantly making mistakes. It starts at practice and filters into the games and it's the most frustrating thing to watch. It's more frustrating than the playcalling or schemes we run. It's the reason we don't block a play right or miss a tackle. It's the reason why were usually one of the most penalized teams in the country. Obviously this falls on Manny but it's been a problem for the better part of 20 years.

I'm sick of watching a team that looks so unprepared and unmotivated to play football. I can deal with us losing because a teams better than us more than I can with the total lack of accountability. We can switch schemes all we want but until this is fixed we will never be a top 10 tea
Our talent level isnt close to being top 10. The rest of what you wrote I agreed with, We will finish 7-5 or 8-4

4B57B551-95B1-4CD8-87A6-873D00266B21.jpeg

My main issue with team. Just fall all ready!

My main problem is we hired a Nole to coach the UM

Dude is collecting checks chillin at this point… he bleeds FSU not Miami

Advertisement
Our talent level isnt close to being top 10. The rest of what you wrote I agreed with, We will finish 7-5 or 8-4
We might not be too 10 level talent but many teams that end up in the top 10 aren't either. If you're tackling better,getting less penalties and playing disciplined football we could be top 10. That's not going to happen because we haven't done these things for almost 20 years. That's one thing al golden tried to do but failed at miserably. We need a coach who commands respect that will let these kids play Miami style football but keeps them disciplined and accountable.

I'm sick of watching a team that looks so unprepared and unmotivated to play football. I can deal with us losing because a teams better than us more than I can with the total lack of accountability. We can switch schemes all we want but until this is fixed we will never be a top 10 team.
he likes analytics and metrics, that is not a football guy.

Advertisement
We might not be too 10 level talent but many teams that end up in the top 10 aren't either. If you're tackling better,getting less penalties and playing disciplined football we could be top 10. That's not going to happen because we haven't done these things for almost 20 years. That's one thing al golden tried to do but failed at miserably. We need a coach who commands respect that will let these kids play Miami style football but keeps them disciplined and accountable.
problem is this has never improved since Manny has been here.

problem is this has never improved since Manny has been here.
I know and it won't under Manny but it's also something that's been going on for better or worse for a long time. High amount of penalties and missed tackles and a lack of on the field discipline are just the norm around here. I was watching some of the 2001 teams toughest games bc and va tech and wed get a lot of penalties but even in those games they barely missed tackles. I could count them on one hand and those were the close games.

Advertisement
The problem on offense has always been OL play. We dont recruit well enough there on a consistent basis. We also have a ton of missed assignments there, way more than any other team I watch. It limits our playcalling and always has. We had a decent OL way back under Fisch, and it actually made Stephen Morris look good.

Problem on D is simply Manny's scheme. He was better off under Richt because Richt probably forced him to keep it somewhat simple while allowing Manny to motivate his players with "aggression." Players bought in. I think now we play without confidence on D and there's a glaring difference when we go back to basics and play with urgency at the end of games for example. Manny "scheme" is also an excuse for him to recruit an undersized defense across the board because "south FL dog, bro. Speed to the ball, that's what made us great, bro." This mentality has spread to the offense especially at WR. We're spread now so we only need to recruit 5'10 speedsters, bro.

The problem on offense has always been OL play. We dont recruit well enough there on a consistent basis. We also have a ton of missed assignments there, way more than any other team I watch. It limits our playcalling and always has. We had a decent OL way back under Fisch, and it actually made Stephen Morris look good.

Problem on D is simply Manny's scheme. He was better off under Richt because Richt probably forced him to keep it somewhat simple while allowing Manny to motivate his players with "aggression." Players bought in. I think now we play without confidence on D and there's a glaring difference when we go back to basics and play with urgency at the end of games for example. Manny "scheme" is also an excuse for him to recruit an undersized defense across the board because "south FL dog, bro. Speed to the ball, that's what made us great, bro." This mentality has spread to the offense especially at WR. We're spread now so we only need to recruit 5'10 speedsters, bro.
its that and recruiting and playing kids that dont belong. I said on the thread oh boy ivy is confused and that guy breaks for a big run. On offense, king is a crutch but they benched the other kids that were ap problem. Ivy and Jennings shouldn't be playing.

Advertisement

That last comment makes no sense. Want to know the heights of Mark Pope, Dee Wiggins DeVontae Smith, and Keyshawn Smith?

OP, definitely dont agree that pound for pound we dont have top 10 talent. Might want to check the top 10 teams in the country and ask me how many teams rosters you would switch for ours. I only count 6 MAYBE 7. And they are the obvious ones.

Everything else I agree with. I cant understand how we have all this talent but cant coach it up and get it to execute especially on offense.

T-Rob at some point will have to make a decision on Ivey. I know he wants to leave Couch in the slot because that is where he helps our defense more at. But he needs to start bringing Blades along faster or try something else. Ivey hasnt been horrible but he shouldnt be comfortable in starting role at all.

The only person who can put Jennings and Steed on the bench is TAC. We have nobody else. Literally. Unless people want to experiment with one of the Tr-Fr. Brooks and Smith are both out. BUT this is Mannys fault 110%! Why the **** he didnt go out and get some help at LB in the portal when there were LBs BEGGING to come is beyond me and that falls squarely on him. He gets zero passes from me if this defense implodes due to poor LB play. Im tired of blaming Jennings and Steed like its there fault that they have to play because they are all we have.

he likes analytics and metrics, that is not a football guy.
tell that to super bowl champion john harbaugh, who employs one of the largest analytics staffs in the NFL and is known to rely heavily on it for decision making. manny isn't a good coach, but this isn't in the top 100 reasons why.

Advertisement
Back