My main issue with this team

Advertisement
It’s sounds like it with stat sheets and young statisticians congregating around probability of success models.
Probably would work or help if done correctly and by coaches that put players in a position to succeed.

We shouldn't need analytics to beat teams with 1 4 star player on the entire roster.

Advertisement
The main problem I see has nothing to do with playcalling on offense or defense. The main issue I see is our lack of discipline, execution and accountability.

This falls on Manny. There needs to be consequences to the players if they're constantly making mistakes. It starts at practice and filters into the games and it's the most frustrating thing to watch. It's more frustrating than the playcalling or schemes we run. It's the reason we don't block a play right or miss a tackle. It's the reason why were usually one of the most penalized teams in the country. Obviously this falls on Manny but it's been a problem for the better part of 20 years.

I'm sick of watching a team that looks so unprepared and unmotivated to play football. I can deal with us losing because a teams better than us more than I can with the total lack of accountability. We can switch schemes all we want but until this is fixed we will never be a top 10 team.
Yes

Advertisement
Back