My Keys to Winning vs. A&M…

IMO the game plan is control the line of scrimmage And run run run. I’ll be very surprised if Mario let’s gattis open it up and go 3and out.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t worry about suddenly “having their full attention” or “getting their best shot.” That was happening either way. They were either going to win and host College Game Day setting up a huge night game with all their attention on beating us, or lose and be forced to rally in a huge, nationally televised night game with all their focus on beating us.

I wouldn’t worry about suddenly “having their full attention” or “getting their best shot.” That was happening either way. They were either going to win and host College Game Day setting up a huge night game with all their attention on beating us, or lose and be forced to rally in a huge, nationally televised night game with all their focus on beating us.
Much more likely to see the wheels start to fall off after that loss than some sort of miraculous rally after losing that game. They have Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama, next, This has all the makings of a downward spiral, especially if you already have the young kids that they rely on questioning Jimbo.

Advertisement
FWIW, Aggies 247 reporters are saying that all three QBS for TAMU got equal reps in practice. Is that just for show? No one knows. But it did happen.

This may be a good idea if your QB isn’t Haynes King. The kid is bad bad.
Our corners make up for their QBs "bad bad". Just lob it up there and a TAMU wideout has the probability of coming down with it on their side. Feel like this game is going to come down to whether King has a good day and our defense has a bad day. We're going to get points, just need to kept them from getting enough themselves.

Obligatory, Jimbo-is-lame salutation.

Passing on 1st down, then going tempo is going to really throw TAMU off and get them to back off at least initially if you can complete them.

And I’m not talking about 5yd dig routes only. 10-15yds down field type throws.
Can the line protect TVD to connect on those? He's gotta be ready to come off the Z and Y and dump.

Advertisement
IMO the game plan is control the line of scrimmage And run run run. I’ll be very surprised if Mario let’s gattis open it up and go 3and out.
Both have stated Time of possession will be huge. Maybe use short passes to open up the run game. But run first will be the plan imo. ATM knows this so adjusting will be key as well

nothing our OL has done in their entire careers has shown they can control the line vs a premier DL. I dont expect that to change. I think we can run on them but need gattis to open up TVD to create some room for the backs at the end of games.

Advertisement
On D, I’d love to see Flagg and Ivey riding the pine. A&M has some serious speed at the skill positions, and their QB can run.

King only has 125 yds. rushing in 3 seasons, where does this notion that He can run come from? Defensively, I say make King prove that He can beat us with His arm, which I don't think He can, and take it from there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back