My Jealousy is Rising

When CMR gets a future NFL QB to run his offense, it will look like a real offense. His offense doesn’t work at the optimum level with kids who aren’t future pros.

Yes, there are coaches who scheme average QBs to look like they are players. But CMR is not one of those coaches. It is what it is.

I completely understand, and unfortunately agree, with what you're saying. That's a huge problem. Forget the NFL, the fact that he cant develop, or even come close to developing, a decent offense in year 3 scares me.

Advertisement
Richt is an offensive coach. As head coach and O.C. he must adjust his scheme!! Watching Canes vs UVA and then watching Purdue beat the Buckeyes should make any Cane fan throw up a little. Its pathetic.

Watched Clemson game yesterday and they rarely show any type of motion, adjust the RB like we do and even do the hand clap. The majority of motion plays I saw was when they were repping the jet sweep.

Overall not a complex, movement filled offense, just one that's well executed by superior athletes. Interested in the opinion of any resident experts.

My opinion is you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I can promise you that Purdue does not have 5 AA offensive linemen and look what they did. We need to incorporate motion in our offense.
In addition for those who bothered to watch, even on straight up the middle runs, Purdue would send someone in motion as if setting up a jet sweep. A lot of "eye candy" being shown no matter what the call was. OSU's D was completely off balance through most of the game.

Advertisement
Clemson’s O is opportunistic.

But it’s not all that creative. It works well when they have a high level OL and QB.

They use quicker reads than what CMR prefers. And it’s based on true spread option principals, instead of incorporating RPO into a pro-style.

It’s cliche, but it’s true ... When CMR gets a future NFL QB to run his offense, it will look like a real offense. His offense doesn’t work at the optimum level with kids who aren’t future pros.

Yes, there are coaches who scheme average QBs to look like they are players. But CMR is not one of those coaches. It is what it is.

Respectfully disagree with Clemson not being creative. They are constantly doing things you rarely see and has the Defense guessing. I love their Offense. But point taken.

Clemson’s O is opportunistic.

But it’s not all that creative. It works well when they have a high level OL and QB.

They use quicker reads than what CMR prefers. And it’s based on true spread option principals, instead of incorporating RPO into a pro-style.

It’s cliche, but it’s true ... When CMR gets a future NFL QB to run his offense, it will look like a real offense. His offense doesn’t work at the optimum level with kids who aren’t future pros.

true statement but what NFL QB would even want to come here, why would he would be a better question i guess. To many GOOD coaches he could play for, and it seems Richt is getting worse with age rather than better, he was better 15 years ago than he is now

Advertisement
Watched Clemson game yesterday and they rarely show any type of motion, adjust the RB like we do and even do the hand clap. The majority of motion plays I saw was when they were repping the jet sweep.

Overall not a complex, movement filled offense, just one that's well executed by superior athletes. Interested in the opinion of any resident experts.

Great point, when you have the studs, you can just go out and pound teams. When you don't have that offensive line talent, you have to out smart and confuse the other team with motion to open things up.

I envy any team that uses motion, misdirection, bootleg, tempo, reverse, any kind of creativity on Offense. It solidifies to me there is something fundamentally wrong with our Offense and our Offense isn’t designed to surprise the Defense. Unless we have NFL talent in every spot, we aren’t going to be successful against anyone with a pulse. Reminds me of Randy Shannon’s Defense where we did very little to confuse the Offense. We simply out talented you.

A change is desperately needed.

We have the HC calling the offense. He's obviously the most brilliant man on staff. He's brilliant, BRILLIANT!!!

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas and rondale Moore's numbers should be borderline identical with their skill sets..******* tragic
If our O-line was getting push like Purdue did against taint they probably would have similar numbers. We can point at Richt, but our main issue is the O-line. We don’t move people at all. You can’t be too creative with a line that doesn’t hold up.

If our O-line was getting push like Purdue did against taint they probably would have similar numbers. We can point at Richt, but our main issue is the O-line. We don’t move people at all. You can’t be too creative with a line that doesn’t hold up.

1. A line will have trouble holding up when the defense knows the plays.
2. The coaches insist on a heavy rotation, which is constantly shuffling the line and not putting the best five on the field
3. Players on the OL have been playing out of position
4. Rick hired the useless OL coach
5. These are Rick's recruits
6. Rick gets paid 4 million a year to figure it out

1. A line will have trouble holding up when the defense knows the plays.
2. The coaches insist on a heavy rotation, which is constantly shuffling the line and not putting the best five on the field
3. Players on the OL have been playing out of position
4. Rick hired the useless OL coach
5. These are Rick's recruits
6. Rick gets paid 4 million a year to figure it out
Damm bomb you bringin the real **** up in here

Advertisement
I envy any team that uses motion, misdirection, bootleg, tempo, reverse, any kind of creativity on Offense. It solidifies to me there is something fundamentally wrong with our Offense and our Offense isn’t designed to surprise the Defense. Unless we have NFL talent in every spot, we aren’t going to be successful against anyone with a pulse. Reminds me of Randy Shannon’s Defense where we did very little to confuse the Offense. We simply out talented you.

Doesn't matter oline play is very bad

I was jealous watching Purdue zinging the rock around the yard and running misdirection rushing plays last night......

Signed,

Peruche

Exactly. Richt's "offense" is predicated on dominating the man I front of you and executing perfectly. If that isn't possible, he is a deer in the headlights.

As many solid OCs show these days, being unpredictable much of the time is not necessarily gimmicky as Richt would like to see it, rather keeping a defense always off balance and wondering.

UM

Advertisement
Back