My Jealousy is Rising

Hurracanes

Your favorite poster’s favorite poster.
Premium
I envy any team that uses motion, misdirection, bootleg, tempo, reverse, any kind of creativity on Offense. It solidifies to me there is something fundamentally wrong with our Offense and our Offense isn’t designed to surprise the Defense. Unless we have NFL talent in every spot, we aren’t going to be successful against anyone with a pulse. Reminds me of Randy Shannon’s Defense where we did very little to confuse the Offense. We simply out talented you.

A change is desperately needed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I envy any team that uses motion, misdirection, bootleg, tempo, reverse, any kind of creativity on Offense. It solidifies to me there is something fundamentally wrong with our Offense and our Offense isn’t designed to surprise the Defense. Unless we have NFL talent in every spot, we aren’t going to be successful against anyone with a pulse.

sorry it's all about having 5 All-American offensive lineman to run a productive offense

Jeff Thomas needs to be a threat on jet sweeps. Even if he's only a decoy the majority of the time. It gets the linebackers going sideways instead of crashing straight downhill.

This. It infuriates me.

Advertisement
I envy any team that uses motion, misdirection, bootleg, tempo, reverse, any kind of creativity on Offense. It solidifies to me there is something fundamentally wrong with our Offense and our Offense isn’t designed to surprise the Defense. Unless we have NFL talent in every spot, we aren’t going to be successful against anyone with a pulse. Reminds me of Randy Shannon’s Defense where we did very little to confuse the Offense. We simply out talented you.

I don’t think it’s about surprising the defense.
I think our offense does absolutely nothing to create or exploit a mismatch.

offense.jpg

Advertisement
The only motion we have is the RB moving from behind the QB to right next to the QB. What is that about? I hate that!!!!!!!!!

Don't hold your breath.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only motion we have is the RB moving from behind the QB to right next to the QB. What is that about? I hate that!!!!!!!!!

Lol we line up in the pistol every play and almost never actually run a play out of that formation lol

Watched Clemson game yesterday and they rarely show any type of motion, adjust the RB like we do and even do the hand clap. The majority of motion plays I saw was when they were repping the jet sweep.

Overall not a complex, movement filled offense, just one that's well executed by superior athletes. Interested in the opinion of any resident experts.

Clemson’s O is opportunistic.

But it’s not all that creative. It works well when they have a high level OL and QB.

They use quicker reads than what CMR prefers. And it’s based on true spread option principals, instead of incorporating RPO into a pro-style.

It’s cliche, but it’s true ... When CMR gets a future NFL QB to run his offense, it will look like a real offense. His offense doesn’t work at the optimum level with kids who aren’t future pros.

Yes, there are coaches who scheme average QBs to look like they are players. But CMR is not one of those coaches. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back