My Jarren hype thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A few months ago, I mentioned one play in the spring game that made Jarren stand out to me. He kept his eyes downfield, sensed pressure, made a very subtle non-panicky move to avoid the pressure, then delivered a strike.

The ability to feel the rush and make subtle quick moves to avoid it without panicking and looking at the pass rush or immediately tucking and running is EVERYTHING. That’s real high-level QBing to me.

That’s the stuff people don’t talk about. All they talk about is speed and shuttle time, and that’s fine on designed runs, but if you look at the history of football at the pro and college level, some of the fastest QBs are also the most sacked QBs. Look it up. You’ll be shocked.

Avoiding sacks isn’t necessarily about shuttle and 40 and all that testing ****; it’s about sensing pressure, moving subtly but quickly, keeping your eyes downfield, processing info quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. From the little I’ve seen of him, Jarren looks very natural in the throw game. I’m super excited to see what he can do.

He’s got all the tools. Now, we just need to see if he has that last major thing that separates the top guys from the rest—the ability to get it done in the clutch. If he can be clutch, then there’s no stopping us.

Tragically...this isn't aging well.

None of our takes of optimism are aging well...at all.

JFC.

Hard to be a Hurricanes fan right now.

Did we all see Louie Louie's booming 67 yd punt?

Huzzah!

Advertisement
Back