My isssue with Dawson…

watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)
Hmmm ...

Advertisement
watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)

save your breath sport its all about QB play. we got skrewed there....see Belichick. Patriot **** same **** we going through

Honestly, beginning to wish more and more we would have just hired Lane and killed two birds with one stone. I watched the entire Penn St.-Ole Miss game yesterday and that was an absolute offensive clinic that was put on display, against one of the better defenses in the country.
THIS.

We where happy to see jed fish leave! Now, some of y'all want him back here.

I seem to remember a lot of us were Jedd Fisch fans. He was here only for 1 season which got him an NFL OC job. Jacory Harris best season was under him. The one that got the hate was the OC after him and even before him. Fisch was always seen as the 1 bright spot under Al Golden

Honestly, beginning to wish more and more we would have just hired Lane and killed two birds with one stone. I watched the entire Penn St.-Ole Miss game yesterday and that was an absolute offensive clinic that was put on display, against one of the better defenses in the country.

I remember watching FAU vs FIU. I think it was Lane vs Butch and Lane owned FIU. He made me a fan of his. The dude wanted the Miami job so bad and we blew him off.

Advertisement
I thought Dawson was average/ not terrible but watching these playoff games it's incredible how much misdirection these 4 offenses are running. Almost every play has some form of eye candy.

You can still have creativity or some nuance to a "regular offense". There's none of that on a consistent basis. Flashes here and there, for sure.

There's no adjustment in-game when things don't work. I guess I just don't understand how you can be an OC, watch these games, and NOT want to incorporate some of what you see to your own game plans......
Mario needs to look up the definition of creativity and read it 20x a day,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back