My isssue with Dawson…

Advertisement
Exactly, if TVD doesn’t wet the bed vs NCST, UNC, & GT…..
It’s hard to watch those games and blame coaching for every throw and every bad decision. I know people like to do that because these aren’t NFL guys. But man you can’t micromanage every throw. I know Mario meddles as far as pass and run and tempo of the offense but man he was bad in that stretch of games. I don’t know if you can blame offensive philosophy for that regression he just seems to not be able to read the field

Last edited:
UGA OL Starters:
Greene III - 4*
Fairchild - 4*
Van Pran - 4*
Ratledge - 4*
Truss - 4*

Miami OL Starters:
Cohen - 4* (Transfer)
Rivers - 4*
Lee - 4* (Transfer)
Cooper - 3*
Mauigoa - 5*

UGA WR Starters:
Rosemy-Jacksaint - 4*
McConkey - 3*
Lovett - 4*

Miami WR Starters:
George - 4*
Restrepo - 3*
Young - 3* (now upgraded to a 4* Transfer)

UGA TE Starter:
Bowers - 4*

Miami TE Starter:
McCormick - 3*

UGA RB Starter:
Milton - 4*

Miami RB Starter:
Fletcher - 4*

UGA QB Starter:
Beck - 4*

Miami QB Starter:
TVD - 4*

UGA Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 10
Miami Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 7
What this further shows is it comes down to evaluations and system. Stars aren’t the end all. Some of the better players on this list were originally 3 stars.

Mario Cristobal hired an Air Raid Guy, who’s not bad(nor great), when barley any of the previous playoff teams use Air Raid.

Michigan: pro style
Texas: Pro style
Bama: Pro style
Washington: Air Raid
Georgia: Pro style
[/QUOTE

Ding ding ding ding ding. Which one are we? I also heard a podcast on YouTube say we didn’t have enough balls to go around (PAUSE). That’s why Brashard, Ray-Ray and Robbie couldn’t get incorporated. I gladly left a comment about Washington having a 4K passer, 2,1K receivers and a 1400yd RB. Now that’s true AIR-RAID and like many on here have said. Mario isnt going full out Air Raid. So I guess we gotta let them get the pieces to get the perfect marriage.

Dawson has literally been an average to below average OC at every stop he's been.

Whether or not he should be let go or brought back another year is debatable.

But, the difference from last year to this year wasn't drastic. Sure, we saw flashes in the Texas AM game in particular. The problem is the offense changed a lot throughout the season. Was it TVD? Was it Mario-bro ball controlling it? We can only speculate.

The lack of use of the TEs is mind boggling though. I really dont get how to justify that
first 4 games were a total outlier vs rest of season ? only conclusion i could come up with is Mario and his OL mentality.
wonder how much influence Alanzo & Radokovich will have in off season season???

Advertisement
watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)
Are you referring to Georgia's offense yesterday or on the season? Georgia did not have a great offense this year. I thought they were better last year. Their defense also helps their offense

The system is important, but the oline and QB play goes a long way. I also look for NFL difference makers at the skill spots. I haven't seen much from us there and Georgia had a bonafide star in Bowers this year, but not a lot at their other skill spots

Last edited:
UGAs offense took off when Monken replaced Coley (who replaced Chaney). Their offense has regressed with Bobo this year. Bobo will earn his paycheck with the schedule they have next year

Are you referring to Georgia's offense yesterday or on the season? Georgia did not have a great offense this year. Struggled at times and I thought they were better last year. Their defense also helps their offense
They were 6th in points scored, 11th in passing offense, 21st in rushing offense, and, 5th in YPP, and 5th in total offensive yards. It wasn't as great as 22's team but still a great offense.

Advertisement
first 4 games were a total outlier vs rest of season ? only conclusion i could come up with is Mario and his OL mentality.
wonder how much influence Alanzo & Radokovich will have in off season season???
The part-time, semi-retired AD ain't gonna do **** (see the baseball hire for evidence).

They were 6th in points scored, 11th in passing offense, 21st in rushing offense, and, 5th in YPP, and 5th in total offensive yards. It wasn't as great as 22's team but still a great offense.
Those are solid stats, but I just didn't see the star skill players outside of Bowers. They have a promising QB and a great oline

Im not sure anymore anybody get a chance to watch Gattis’ O? At least Gattis team dominated in a bowl game something this team hasn’t done since Christ was born.

Was it Gattis, Luigi or the players who’s accomplishments are more lauded on Instagram than on the playing field?

Those are solid stats, but I just didn't see the star skill players outside of Bowers. They have a promising QB and a great oline
I kinda get what you're saying but personally I consider an offense that can move the ball and score at will pretty good, and I am sure most would agree.

Advertisement
watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)

Mario is clueless... just because he was at Alabama around the same time, doesn’t mean he knows or understands how to implement the same offense. He can't get basic stuff done right on the sidelines. Why should we expect anything more??

Advertisement
UGA OL Starters:
Greene III - 4*
Fairchild - 4*
Van Pran - 4*
Ratledge - 4*
Truss - 4*

Miami OL Starters:
Cohen - 4* (Transfer)
Rivers - 4*
Lee - 4* (Transfer)
Cooper - 3*
Mauigoa - 5*

UGA WR Starters:
Rosemy-Jacksaint - 4*
McConkey - 3*
Lovett - 4*

Miami WR Starters:
George - 4*
Restrepo - 3*
Young - 3* (now upgraded to a 4* Transfer)

UGA TE Starter:
Bowers - 4*

Miami TE Starter:
McCormick - 3*

UGA RB Starter:
Milton - 4*

Miami RB Starter:
Fletcher - 4*

UGA QB Starter:
Beck - 4*

Miami QB Starter:
TVD - 4*

UGA Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 10
Miami Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 7
What Georgia has in their program is the three D's. Depth, Development and Discipline.

We are working hard to build the first D(Depth). There's more of the second D(Development) than there has been in years but still needs to be better. As for the last D(Discipline), this program has close to none and it's obvious watching us play then watching a team like Georgia play. Turnovers, Penalties, Special Teams blunders and poor Red Zone performance on both sides of the ball continue to be our undoing. Forget scheme and philosophy for the time being because if Mario can't get those areas under control and orchestrate a vast improvement in them he will never succeed. Point blank end of story.

Last edited:
What Georgia has in their program is the three D's. Depth, Development and Discipline.

We are working hard to build the first D(Depth). There more of the second D(Development) than there has been in years but still needs to be better. As for the last D(Discipline), this program has close to none and it's obvious watching us play then watching a team like Georgia play. Turnovers, Penalties, Special Teams blunders and poor Red Zone performance on both sides of the ball continue to be our undoing. Forget scheme and philosophy for the time being because if Mario can't get those areas under control and orchestrate a vast improvement in them he will never succeed. Point blank end of story.

You are right... Turnovers, Penalties, Special Teams blunders need competent coaching.. something Mario hasn't shown he's capable of.

Advertisement
Back