My isssue with Dawson…

Advertisement
The one thing that made me nervous about Dawson was the Houston fans were happy to see him leave. That's always a bad sign. I would love to see Dawson go and get replaced. Mario's needs a stronger OC, who...no clue but its not Dawson
We where happy to see jed fish leave! Now, some of y'all want him back here.

Mike Bobo is the biggest dunce alive. You see what happens when you have a massive talent advantage. This is the blueprint Mario is trying to follow. You could hire Gary Ferman at UGA and they’d score 35 a game.
It's really funny to see Bobo being praised as some offensive mastermind after being dragged for years. Not saying the opinion of Bobo is right or wrong but there's a lot that contributes to a successful offense besides the OC which makes it difficult to parse out. Dawson has been just ok IMO but I also think we (Miami fans) tend to overestimate our talent.

Advertisement
Mario Cristobal hired an Air Raid Guy, who’s not bad(nor great), when barley any of the previous playoff teams use Air Raid.

Michigan: pro style
Texas: Pro style
Bama: Pro style
Washington: Air Raid
Georgia: Pro style
Why does it matter what other teams run?
You should run what fits your personnel best. We sure don’t give a **** to trying that after the first 4 games.

Very few teams bunch the box as often as we do.

On 4th and 2 they aren’t coming out in 13 personnel and running it right into the box.

That’s all Mario, and so far removed from the rest of college football.
Straight facts! Everyone cringes when we come out in that! How can we not expect injuries when we put 22 guys within 5 yards of each other and pile them up. Spread them out!!

The one thing that made me nervous about Dawson was the Houston fans were happy to see him leave. That's always a bad sign. I would love to see Dawson go and get replaced. Mario's needs a stronger OC, who...no clue but its not Dawson
No we were not.. yall run with internet narratives. The people who fill the seats and actually donate and graduated from there were not happy and we were the majority, our internet fans are as dumb as fsu fans

Advertisement
Don’t agree with this at all. I don’t believe the narrative that Mario holds the O back. The fact of that matter is TVD is as just never that good. Anytime he played a defense with a pulse he **** the bed. Y’all have done this with every coach we’ve had since cooker. Wash and repeat. I don’t wanna hear none until year 4. The problem is deeper than you think.

We really only explored the playbook in one game TAM the rest of the games at QB we had to deal with TVD frustrations head issues of his injury, plus Emory broken arm and finally a QB who never played.

Really how much could O could Dawson install , we never had a QB that wasn’t messed up mentally or physically all year .

GOCANES

Imagine what our O would be without Restrepro our MVP.

Our QB positions had issues all year , you could have a HOF NFL OC call our plays and I assure you it wouldn’t have fix out QB issues.

They weren’t going away because our QB ran the play correctly.

GOCANES

Advertisement
What Georgia has in their program is the three D's. Depth, Development and Discipline.

We are working hard to build the first D(Depth). There more of the second D(Development) than there has been in years but still needs to be better. As for the last D(Discipline), this program has close to none and it's obvious watching us play then watching a team like Georgia play. Turnovers, Penalties, Special Teams blunders and poor Red Zone performance on both sides of the ball continue to be our undoing. Forget scheme and philosophy for the time being because if Mario can't get those areas under control and orchestrate a vast improvement in them he will never succeed. Point blank end of story.

Perfectly said.

Advertisement
I agree OP

I think mario for sure has his hands in the overall game plan and yes that can cause issues but to me i never bought into mario is holding back the offense even tho his track record isn’t good. I never bought into the tvd made them scale **** back

And the reason I didn’t is because I WATCHED DAWSON AT HOUSTON…His offense are nothing special, it’s just regular it’s not bad its not great it’s just regular man
Bingo...Dawson has a base offense and nothing else. Mario would of been better off just taking a chance on one of Kyle Shannon or Sean Mcvay's quality control assistants

UGA OL Starters:
Greene III - 4*
Fairchild - 4*
Van Pran - 4*
Ratledge - 4*
Truss - 4*

Miami OL Starters:
Cohen - 4* (Transfer)
Rivers - 4*
Lee - 4* (Transfer)
Cooper - 3*
Mauigoa - 5*

UGA WR Starters:
Rosemy-Jacksaint - 4*
McConkey - 3*
Lovett - 4*

Miami WR Starters:
George - 4*
Restrepo - 3*
Young - 3* (now upgraded to a 4* Transfer)

UGA TE Starter:
Bowers - 4*

Miami TE Starter:
McCormick - 3*

UGA RB Starter:
Milton - 4*

Miami RB Starter:
Fletcher - 4*

UGA QB Starter:
Beck - 4*

Miami QB Starter:
TVD - 4*

UGA Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 10
Miami Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 7
Sam Bowie was on a par with Jordan on draft day. Stars are a good guide as to incoming class. Best guess. Even the 5s aren’t all hits.

I kinda get what you're saying but personally I consider an offense that can move the ball and score at will pretty good, and I am sure most would agree.
The offense changed after the Texas A & M game, leaning toward Mario telling Dawson to change back to the caveman offense that is in Marios' DNA. The 4th and 2 play failed miserably in big moments the entire season and everyone has the play on film, yet Mario keeps running it, and running the play behind his nephew was the icing on the cake.

Advertisement
Back