My isssue with Dawson…

Sonofnel84

Recruit
watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)

Advertisement
watch the UGA offense… that looks like a power spread. They are physical, they spread them out and throw and pound the run game. Kirby I believe was In Alabama when Mario was. I’m sure this is the type of offense he is looking to run. I know the talent discrepancy between us and them, it’s obvious, but I don’t care what anyone says Dawson doesn’t do any of the things their offense does. I don’t care to hear that we don’t have the personnel to run motion or roll out a TE because it simply is not true. We have No motion, no TE throws, no misdirection, nothing. So I just don’t buy that Dawson isn’t good because mario is handcuffing him/meddling. I think Dawson ain’t good because he’s not good. I’m not here to defend Mario I’m just strictly talking offense and we don’t do anything to put our playmakers or best mediocre players to make a play. I know 3 coordinators in the 3 years is a lot but I think a 4th might be needed. Mario’s deficiencies have to be covered by great assistants and I’m sorry but Dawson is not good (Mario is responsible for the hire so he doesn’t get a hall pass for the crap we running)

The one thing that made me nervous about Dawson was the Houston fans were happy to see him leave. That's always a bad sign. I would love to see Dawson go and get replaced. Mario's needs a stronger OC, who...no clue but its not Dawson

Dawson has literally been an average to below average OC at every stop he's been.

Whether or not he should be let go or brought back another year is debatable.

But, the difference from last year to this year wasn't drastic. Sure, we saw flashes in the Texas AM game in particular. The problem is the offense changed a lot throughout the season. Was it TVD? Was it Mario-bro ball controlling it? We can only speculate.

The lack of use of the TEs is mind boggling though. I really dont get how to justify that

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
On offense?
Certainly fewer on offense than D. But most of the TE room, RB room, WR room, OL room. Jacurri is a 4 Star.

I see where you're going with this and my counter is the fault is Marios for not having better players where we need them. 2022 our highest recruit (Moss) is a guy that served no purpose other than to boost our recruiting ranking.

On offense?

UGA OL Starters:
Greene III - 4*
Fairchild - 4*
Van Pran - 4*
Ratledge - 4*
Truss - 4*

Miami OL Starters:
Cohen - 4* (Transfer)
Rivers - 4*
Lee - 4* (Transfer)
Cooper - 3*
Mauigoa - 5*

UGA WR Starters:
Rosemy-Jacksaint - 4*
McConkey - 3*
Lovett - 4*

Miami WR Starters:
George - 4*
Restrepo - 3*
Young - 3* (now upgraded to a 4* Transfer)

UGA TE Starter:
Bowers - 4*

Miami TE Starter:
McCormick - 3*

UGA RB Starter:
Milton - 4*

Miami RB Starter:
Fletcher - 4*

UGA QB Starter:
Beck - 4*

Miami QB Starter:
TVD - 4*

UGA Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 10
Miami Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 7

I agree OP

I think mario for sure has his hands in the overall game plan and yes that can cause issues but to me i never bought into mario is holding back the offense even tho his track record isn’t good. I never bought into the tvd made them scale **** back

And the reason I didn’t is because I WATCHED DAWSON AT HOUSTON…His offense are nothing special, it’s just regular it’s not bad its not great it’s just regular man

UGA OL Starters:
Greene III - 4*
Fairchild - 4*
Van Pran - 4*
Ratledge - 4*
Truss - 4*

Miami OL Starters:
Cohen - 4* (Transfer)
Rivers - 4*
Lee - 4* (Transfer)
Cooper - 3*
Mauigoa - 5*

UGA WR Starters:
Rosemy-Jacksaint - 4*
McConkey - 3*
Lovett - 4*

Miami WR Starters:
George - 4*
Restrepo - 3*
Young - 3* (now upgraded to a 4* Transfer)

UGA TE Starter:
Bowers - 4*

Miami TE Starter:
McCormick - 3*

UGA RB Starter:
Milton - 4*

Miami RB Starter:
Fletcher - 4*

UGA QB Starter:
Beck - 4*

Miami QB Starter:
TVD - 4*

UGA Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 10
Miami Blue Chips (Starters) on O: 7
Just 3 more and we can start incorporating throws to the tight end in the flat

Advertisement
You can still have creativity or some nuance to a "regular offense". There's none of that on a consistent basis. Flashes here and there, for sure.

There's no adjustment in-game when things don't work. I guess I just don't understand how you can be an OC, watch these games, and NOT want to incorporate some of what you see to your own game plans......

Honestly, beginning to wish more and more we would have just hired Lane and killed two birds with one stone. I watched the entire Penn St.-Ole Miss game yesterday and that was an absolute offensive clinic that was put on display, against one of the better defenses in the country.

Advertisement
Dawson has never been a good coordinator before why start now? Georgia is creative in their scheme much like the lions and 49ers are in the NFL where they can run a true multiple offense while focusing on the power run game

Mario Cristobal hired an Air Raid Guy, who’s not bad(nor great), when barley any of the previous playoff teams use Air Raid.

Michigan: pro style
Texas: Pro style
Bama: Pro style
Washington: Air Raid
Georgia: Pro style

Advertisement
Back