My honest opinion on Sunny. (Went out to camp 3 times)

So Chad and AQM, 2 DEs that have done nothing in college, give him ****... And you say he'll be fine as long as he doesn't face a Clowney like DE?

Come on brah...both of those dudes are outstanding talents at end. What they've produced on the field has nothing to do with this conversation.
The potential is there but the results have not been. That's a fact and what Punicane said is 100% accurate. Those kids should be studs but have yet to produce up to their potential. Not a knock against them more of a knock on the ****** coaches that have not put them or McCord in a position to reach their potential.

The results haven't been there because of the coaches? They've both only played their true freshman seasons. At least give them a second year before you start saying they're being misused. Even great talents like these guys are usually don't put up big numbers as true freshmen

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2263435 said:
So Chad and AQM, 2 DEs that have done nothing in college, give him ****... And you say he'll be fine as long as he doesn't face a Clowney like DE?

Come on brah...both of those dudes are outstanding talents at end. What they've produced on the field has nothing to do with this conversation.
The potential is there but the results have not been. That's a fact and what Punicane said is 100% accurate. Those kids should be studs but have yet to produce up to their potential. Not a knock against them more of a knock on the ****ty coaches that have not put them or McCord in a position to reach their potential.

The results haven't been there because of the coaches? They've both only played their true freshman seasons. At least give them a second year before you start saying they're being misused. Even great talents like these guys are usually don't put up big numbers as true freshmen

We've never had a consistently good pass rusher under this coaching staff because our coaching staff doesn't care about rushing the passer. Of course they're being misused.

[]_[] swag;2263435 said:

The potential is there but the results have not been. That's a fact and what Punicane said is 100% accurate. Those kids should be studs but have yet to produce up to their potential. Not a knock against them more of a knock on the ****** coaches that have not put them or McCord in a position to reach their potential.

How many sacks did Thomas have last year? A highly rated highly coveted recruit with zero sacks. How many did his highly rated contemporaries have. From what I've read they had more success. AQM as an aside as he didn't play, but how about McCord? Has McCord been utilized to the best of his ability/potential? If your answer is anything but NO then you're full of ****.

Mccord should have been a household name just like Thomas and AQM should be in the future. I put McCord on the coaches and I put Thomas' first year on the coaches

Advertisement
Honestly i think they gave him the start because we play Bethune cookman. If we had played Louisville KC would be the starter and i expect him to be in the Nebraska game.

So, he is getting outplayed by KC in practice, and they are just trying to be nice? Wouldn't that make the team question Kehoe, Coley and Golden for playing the worse player?

Here's the deal...
Odogwu has improved tremendously and KC is still not 100% no matter what the coaches say. If Sunny was still the same player he was last year then Isadora would have been moved over. I expect KC to claim the job in the next 2-3 weeks.

[]_[] swag;2263435 said:

The potential is there but the results have not been. That's a fact and what Punicane said is 100% accurate. Those kids should be studs but have yet to produce up to their potential. Not a knock against them more of a knock on the ****ty coaches that have not put them or McCord in a position to reach their potential.

How many sacks did Thomas have last year? A highly rated highly coveted recruit with zero sacks. How many did his highly rated contemporaries have. From what I've read they had more success. AQM as an aside as he didn't play, but how about McCord? Has McCord been utilized to the best of his ability/potential? If your answer is anything but NO then you're full of ****.

Mccord should have been a household name just like Thomas and AQM should be in the future. I put McCord on the coaches and I put Thomas' first year on the coaches

Here we go again...every freaking discussion in this place becomes some dude shouting in the empty auditorium about how much the coaching sucks.

This thread went from "Should Sunny Odogwu reasonably have trouble against two five star recruits who made their reputations on making ******** out of other five star recruits...to...Have AQM and Chad Thomas been utilized properly?"

Same ****...different piece of porcelain

What if we all stipulate for the rest of eternity that Al Golden and Mark D'Onofrio should have been fired at the end of 2014? 2013? Whatever. I mean, that opinion is only shared by a minimum of 95% of the people who populate this board. Like, is it alright if people ACTUALLY wanna talk about football?

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2263435 said:

Here we go again...every freaking discussion in this place becomes some dude shouting in the empty auditorium about how much the coaching sucks.

This thread went from "Should Sunny Odogwu reasonably have trouble against two five star recruits who made their reputations on making ******** out of other five star recruits...to...Have AQM and Chad Thomas been utilized properly?"

Same ****...different piece of porcelain

What if we all stipulate for the rest of eternity that Al Golden and Mark D'Onofrio should have been fired at the end of 2014? I mean, that opinion is only shared by a minimum of 95% of the people who populate this board. Like, is it alright if people ACTUALLY wanna talk about football?

Where they do that at doe? lol

Honestly i think they gave him the start because we play Bethune cookman. If we had played Louisville KC would be the starter and i expect him to be in the Nebraska game.

So, he is getting outplayed by KC in practice, and they are just trying to be nice? Wouldn't that make the team question Kehoe, Coley and Golden for playing the worse player?

No, but KC is still working his way back from injury. While Sunny apparently has improved quite a bit, KC is a special talent and likely will regain his starting spot once he's had more time to recover, vs. putting him in as a starter against BC and FAU.

Advertisement
we'll see how he does when he plays aggresive schemes vs guys that have no intention of touching him vs this one where guys are being told to grab him and set the edge

we'll see how he does when he plays aggresive schemes vs guys that have no intention of touching him vs this one where guys are being told to grab him and set the edge

Something tells me you haven't played a down of football in your life

The guy is pretty athletic I tell you guys, if he could put it together on the field he'd be very good maybe great

Advertisement
AQM and Chad will be two of the better DE's in the ACC this year. I'm not calling Sonny the next Orlando Pace, but lets see how he is on the field in the spotlight before we bash the kid.

And yes Chad and AQM gave him ****, but in Sonny's defense Chad and AQM gave all of our O-Linemen ****.

Advertisement
And yes Chad and AQM gave him ****, but in Sonny's defense Chad and AQM gave all of our O-Linemen ****.

Did they give him trouble in 1v1's only? How did he looks when they had the full line in there with pads? Every single Dlineman should kill an Olineman in 1v1's. Just like every offense should kill the defense in 7v7 pass skelly

Here's the deal...
Odogwu has improved tremendously and KC is still not 100% no matter what the coaches say. If Sunny was still the same player he was last year then Isadora would have been moved over. I expect KC to claim the job in the next 2-3 weeks.

well aren't they talking about getting Isadora snaps at RT? that doesn't sound like they're too confident in Sunny

Advertisement
Back