My honest opinion on Sunny. (Went out to camp 3 times)

Advertisement
I feel bad for Brad. This is going to be a disaster

OK, coach. Can you give us the lottery numbers too.

Sorry, you must not watch film/games or be a complete jackass. Sunny was beaten routinely by very average ends when he played last year and didn't show **** as a run blocker. He would need to take a huge leap just to be average. Don't get your feelings hurt. I go off of past performance and data, not some posters opinion after 3 practices.

I actually think this is smart...gives KC a little more time to heal and get 100%. That's an extra 2 weeks that he can heal up. I think you're going to see this...50/50 reps with Sunny and KC against BC, 75/25 reps in favor of KC against FAU, then KC starts at Nebraska and gets majority of snaps.

Last edited:
At the very least, Sonny should be playing DT during field goal situations and just using his great athletic ability to jump up and bat down attempts.

But I bet Golden won't think twice to put Berrios out there at DT instead

KC will start vs Nebraska

Sorry, you must not watch film/games or be a complete jackass. Sunny was beaten routinely by very average ends when he played last year and didn't show **** as a run blocker. He would need to take a huge leap just to be average. Don't get your feelings hurt. I go off of past performance and data, not some posters opinion after 3 practices.

Sonny was also learning the game considering he had just recently started playing football. So a "huge leap" is far from unrealistic. I'll go off current, recent observation vs. your outdated "data".

Advertisement
I'd put that African savage on defense and tell him that the opposing team's QB will send him back if they win

15 sacks minimum

Hey jackass, I don't get my feeling hurt, it's a message board. What did the data and past performances tell you about Thurston Armbrister? How about Jacory Harris going into his senior season? I guess the data and past performances told you that Stacey Coley wouldn't score a touchdown as a soph. Keep trusting your data, dog.

e8337f7458e82bd16c041f4ad8ea3e9b.gif

Advertisement

Hey jackass, I don't get my feeling hurt, it's a message board. What did the data and past performances tell you about Thurston Armbrister? How about Jacory Harris going into his senior season? I guess the data and past performances told you that Stacey Coley wouldn't score a touchdown as a soph. Keep trusting your data, dog.

Solid response.. Just solid

And yes Chad and AQM gave him ****, but in Sonny's defense Chad and AQM gave all of our O-Linemen ****.

Did they give him trouble in 1v1's only? How did he looks when they had the full line in there with pads? Every single Dlineman should kill an Olineman in 1v1's. Just like every offense should kill the defense in 7v7 pass skelly

Not gone Lie....AQM made him look silly one time during the 1on1s, I saw Kehoe pull him to the side he went again against AQM and redeemed himself. In the 7on7 he looked decent I don't remember him giving up a sack, but like I said I was only there for about a hour plus I was trying to watch others. Joe Brown didn't look too bad either. His strength is run blocking.

After losing three starters, few units have been as scrutinized in camp as Miami’s offensive line.

Now, with their season opener less than two weeks away, it seems the Hurricanes have settled on the starting group that will be tasked with protecting quarterback Brad Kaaya and keep the offense moving.

During a radio interview with WQAM 560’s Joe Rose on Monday morning, Hurricanes offensive line coach Art Kehoe said “it looks like” it will be sophomore Trevor Darling at left tackle, while Alex Gall will start at left guard. Former St. Thomas Aquinas standout Nick Linder, the younger brother of former Hurricane and current Jaguar Brandon Linder, is expected to be the starting center while former Cypress Bay standout Danny Isidora will start at right guard. Kehoe said the starting right tackle job was won by redshirt sophomore Sunny Odogwu,

though Kc McDermott, Joe Brown and Hunter Knighton are expected to get plenty of playing time.

“We’ve built some strong depth there and that’s been the key to a lot of our positions on the team,” Kehoe said during his radio appearance. “That’s why we feel so good about our team.”

Between them, the five starters made 45 appearances in games last season with a combined 22 starts. Isidora, who started all 13 games at right guard, is the veteran of the relatively young group, but Kehoe was optimistic the group would fare well, thanks in part to all of the off-season work they’ve done.

“I think our group is really, really gelling. It’s really starting to come,” he said. “They understand what coach [Al] Golden has been reinforcing since back in January that we’re going to have a deep team and that we’re going to have competition and get to know each other.”

After Saturday’s scrimmage, offensive coordinator James Coley, too, expressed optimism that Miami’s offensive line was finding its rhythm, though it did have to overcome some early penalties.

“I thought the ones played very well. They’re going against the one defense and that one defense is good,” Coley said of his line. “They got really good players up front and we have to scrap and when we scrap with those guys, every now and then, we get some bad ball, meaning we have some penalties. We have to really grab those guys because they’re big, they’re strong, and they’re fast. So that hurt us a little bit, some of the penalties. The twos are still learning. You’re talking about a whole unit with the twos, but they’re getting better from the last scrimmage. So I’m encouraged.”

Here’s more on each of the players that are expected to get the start when Miami opens against Bethune-Cookman on Sept. 5:

Left tackle Trevor Darling

6-5, 318, sophomore

Projected to be the starter after spring practice, Darling appeared in nine games last season and made the first start of his college career in Miami’s 47-20 win over North Carolina on Nov. 1. He went on to start against FSU, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and South Carolina. He was a 2014 Under Armour All-American coming out of Miami Central High, where he helped open holes for Hurricanes running back Joe Yearby.

Left guard Alex Gall

6-5, 310, junior

A former three-star prospect from Archbishop Moeller High in Ohio, Gall saw action in five games last season, though he had no starts. He played in 11 games as a freshman in 2013, though most of that came on special teams and punt coverage.

Center Nick Linder

6-3, 300, sophomore

Though he started the season on the scout team, Linder found himself in the starting lineup as a true freshman last year when injuries took their toll on Miami’s line. The younger brother of former Hurricane Brandon Linder (now with the Jacksonville Jaguars), Linder appeared in nine games, starting four at left guard. Like Darling, he’s a former Under Armour All-American and was an All-State selection at St. Thomas Aquinas before arriving at Miami.

Right guard Danny Isidora

6-4, 322, junior

The veteran of Miami’s offensive line room, Isidora started all 13 games last year for the Hurricanes at right guard. But having played tackle some tackle in high school at Cypress Bay, Miami coaches feel he could see some time there as well. A former three-star prospect, he was hampered by a foot injury his redshirt freshman season in 2013, but he returned in time to see action against Pittsburgh that year.

Right tackle Sunny Odogwu

6-8, 322, redshirt sophomore

A native of Ezeagu, Nigeria, Odogwu joined the Hurricanes as a three-star prospect out of Hargrave Military Academy. Last season, he appeared in nine games, with his debut coming against Arkansas State. None of those were starts, though and he did have his share of struggles last season. Still, he was listed as the projected starter at right tackle after spring practice and throughout fall camp, held on for the starting job despite a late push from Joe Brown and McDermott.

Last edited:
Advertisement

THIS! He made a horrible decision to come here.

FOH with that bull****. Take that somewhere else, Brad made the perfect choice.

Anyone who willingly signs with a Gorlden corched team or allows their child to sign with a Gorlden corched team is in need of serious psychological help.

He signed with Miami not Golden. Coaches leave every year, if you choose to steer your child to a university based soley on a coaching staff you need psychological help.

So Chad and AQM, 2 DEs that have done nothing in college, give him ****... And you say he'll be fine as long as he doesn't face a Clowney like DE?

Come on brah...both of those dudes are outstanding talents at end. What they've produced on the field has nothing to do with this conversation.

Using your logic...AG is an outstanding head coach, his lack of production in ten years as a head coach should not be used to judge him.

Advertisement
I'd put that African savage on defense and tell him that the opposing team's QB will send him back if they win

15 sacks minimum

This actually would not be that bad of an idea..he is super athletic for his size

So Chad and AQM, 2 DEs that have done nothing in college, give him ****... And you say he'll be fine as long as he doesn't face a Clowney like DE?

Come on brah...both of those dudes are outstanding talents at end. What they've produced on the field has nothing to do with this conversation.

Using your logic...AG is an outstanding head coach, his lack of production in ten years as a head coach should not be used to judge him.

Which property did you just employ?

Which property did you just employ?

just hired a Burger King and a Wendy's on the southside. Property values have hit an all time low. Also have an "inside" lead on some water front property in northern idaho

THIS! He made a horrible decision to come here.

FOH with that bull****. Take that somewhere else, Brad made the perfect choice.

Anyone who willingly signs with a Gorlden corched team or allows their child to sign with a Gorlden corched team is in need of serious psychological help.

He signed with Miami not Golden. Coaches leave every year, if you choose to steer your child to a university based soley on a coaching staff you need psychological help.

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Advertisement
Back