12-0 baby , drink that CMR kool-aid.

Heisman winning QB....fruit punch
Best DL in nation... purple drink
Best starting LB's....lemonade flava
Walton and Yearby with 1000 yard seasons each....Watermelon

bet

Advertisement
Hope springs eternal...

Internal and local cover of UNC's program is whispering this squad is even better than last year's. Chatter (right/wrong/delusional) says overall Trubisky could be a better signal caller than Marquis...less mobile (not by much) but better decisions...better arm...ok..he's good but not convinced...

I struggle to buy into that because if so, why didnt he win the job last year? All of a sudden he's put it togther as an upgrade now? Not sold.

I will say this...the UNC Nation is already penciling the tilt against our Canes as a "W" for them...and handily..not the "we squeek by w/ a FG"...

I'd say wait and see for their contests against UGA and FSU before we get a better sense of how they'll match up to a Richt-led squad...

Go Canes.

Not sure this will be a trap. We got our **** pushed in by them last year, revenge should be on our mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Im traveling down with the family for this game.(I know not the best choice but its our fall break) but wanted to know what will be a good seating section and friendly tailgating section. First time ever seeing the canes at home. Normally I try to catch road games close to me.

All of this is good but can some answer my original question. Lol.

I have us losing two regular season games. Just not to FSU. Vtech and ND.
ND I can buy, but VT? I know Fuente is going to be good for them, but they have no QB, and only decent skill at RB/WR, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing some of their OL. Their D will be stout since Foster is still there...but I just don't see us taking an L to them, even if it is on a Thursday night in Blackturd.

Last time we played them in Blacksburg it was a Thursday night game and we beat their ***! F#ck VT!

Advertisement
Hey Im traveling down with the family for this game.(I know not the best choice but its our fall break) but wanted to know what will be a good seating section and friendly tailgating section. First time ever seeing the canes at home. Normally I try to catch road games close to me.

All of this is good but can some answer my original question. Lol.

There is a designated "family zone" in the upper east endzone that sells discounted family tickets and has no alcohol sales. AS for tailgating, the lots on the west side of the stadium tend to get rowdier. If you're coming in from the turnpike, you're already on the east side of the stadium. Just park in the nearest cash lot.

ND I can buy, but VT? I know Fuente is going to be good for them, but they have no QB, and only decent skill at RB/WR, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing some of their OL. Their D will be stout since Foster is still there...but I just don't see us taking an L to them, even if it is on a Thursday night in Blackturd.

Last time we played them in Blacksburg it was a Thursday night game and we beat their ***! F#ck VT!
Bingo. Duke and Gus both ran wild on them. VT didn't have anything for us that night...stadium was nearly emptied out of Chokies by the start of the 4th quarter.

I love the fact that this is just after the FSU game

won't be no sleeping here, if we win this game the whole nation will be put on notice

Advertisement

VT's offensive skill position talent is pretty good. Ford is 1st/2nd rounder, their TE is an early NFL draft pick, and their RB would start for a lot of teams. They just aren't very deep at these positions. And their defense doesn't have any talent anywhere. Miami is unquestionably more talented than VT, but playing on a short week at any environment is difficult, let alone Blacksburg.

VT's offensive skill position talent is pretty good. Ford is 1st/2nd rounder, their TE is an early NFL draft pick, and their RB would start for a lot of teams. They just aren't very deep at these positions. And their defense doesn't have any talent anywhere. Miami is unquestionably more talented than VT, but playing on a short week at any environment is difficult, let alone Blacksburg.
That's not the tune they're singing in Southwest Virginia. I've talked to a bunch of diehard Chokies, some of which were at their Spring Game. Everyone knows about Ford, but past him...not much. Maybe the JUCO QB they brought in, but if they start Brendan Motley again...gonna be a long season. All reviews I've heard from people who were there said the D would still be stout.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that's not what I've heard from several Techies.

Vag Tech offense is an absolute toilet. It should take at least a year for Fuente to get that turned around. If Richt loses to Vag Tech this year that should be a gigantic red flag. That program is in full rebuild mode, and Fuente runs a totally different style of offense than Flubberneck did.

That's not the tune they're singing in Southwest Virginia. I've talked to a bunch of diehard Chokies, some of which were at their Spring Game. Everyone knows about Ford, but past him...not much. Maybe the JUCO QB they brought in, but if they start Brendan Motley again...gonna be a long season. All reviews I've heard from people who were there said the D would still be stout.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that's not what I've heard from several Techies.

Rather than disagreeing with me, seems like you are agreeing with me. They have very good front end talent at the skill positions on offense, but not much after that. I completely agree with that.
And whatever VT fans are telling you they expect their defense to be "stout," you should stop talking to them. A large % of VT fans are counting down the days until Foster's contract is up and they can get rid of him. He's at that post 2003 Mickey Andrews era of his career right now.

Advertisement
Vag Tech offense is an absolute toilet. It should take at least a year for Fuente to get that turned around. If Richt loses to Vag Tech this year that should be a gigantic red flag. That program is in full rebuild mode, and Fuente runs a totally different style of offense than Flubberneck did.

I don't think he's ever going to get it turned around. Great coach, but wrong school. VT needs a first rate recruiter, and Fuente isn't even average. That was what Memphis fans complained about, and if you look at their current recruiting class, it's good possibility that Fuente is going to strike out on every VA recruit in the Top 20. Which is crazy for a "honeymoon" class.

I don't think he's ever going to get it turned around. Great coach, but wrong school. VT needs a first rate recruiter, and Fuente isn't even average. That was what Memphis fans complained about, and if you look at their current recruiting class, it's good possibility that Fuente is going to strike out on every VA recruit in the Top 20. Which is crazy for a "honeymoon" class.

He'll die there if he's a **** recruiter. I don't see Bronco Mendenhall as a great fit at UVA either from a recruiting standpoint. I don't know if he is the guy to fit in with that Tidewater/Washington DC recruiting base.

Rather than disagreeing with me, seems like you are agreeing with me. They have very good front end talent at the skill positions on offense, but not much after that. I completely agree with that.
I'm not even saying that...I'm saying that they don't have much on offense past Isaiah Ford...people have been waiting for Cam Phillips to be something special...but he's just not. Hodges will be a weapon, but he's not unstoppable - especially with our speed/size to cover him at LB and S. They have to find a RB who doesn't earn the nickname Mr. Glass. The OL returns a lot, but they weren't that good last year at all...and that's going to be really important because they don't know who their QB is yet. I really and honestly thought Dwayne Lawson would have won that job by now, but he doesn't seem to even be in the running right now - between Motley and Jerod Evans (the JUCO transfer).

And whatever VT fans are telling you they expect their defense to be "stout," you should stop talking to them. A large % of VT fans are counting down the days until Foster's contract is up and they can get rid of him. He's at that post 2003 Mickey Andrews era of his career right now.
While I agree they're pretty delusional by nature, these guys were at the Spring Game, and follow VT much closer than you or I either one do. They said the D looked pretty good...of course, that was against VT's offense. I believe they'll be good on the front 4, but the LBs and secondary are question marks.

Foster's gained deity status in Blackturd, no doubt, but that guy can coach a defense with the best of them.

But...who cares. Fvck em. We should beat these dummies in their own house on a Thursday night if Richt & company are who we think they are.

Advertisement
TRAP GAME

UNC Coming in
4-2 with losses to Georgia and Florida State.
Critical matchup with Miami in a tilt game for control of the ACC Coastal.

Don't forget that they are returning the acc's leading tackler from last year, and my lil bro.

Donnie Miles UNC Highlights - YouTube

Family first but I don't have unc beating us this year. A Special season is on the way!!!

I'm not even saying that...I'm saying that they don't have much on offense past Isaiah Ford...people have been waiting for Cam Phillips to be something special...but he's just not. Hodges will be a weapon, but he's not unstoppable - especially with our speed/size to cover him at LB and S. They have to find a RB who doesn't earn the nickname Mr. Glass. The OL returns a lot, but they weren't that good last year at all...and that's going to be really important because they don't know who their QB is yet. I really and honestly thought Dwayne Lawson would have won that job by now, but he doesn't seem to even be in the running right now - between Motley and Jerod Evans (the JUCO transfer).

Whether Hodges is a good or bad match up for us is irrelevant to the question of whether he is an elite, high NFL draft pick. My argument hasn't been that these guys will score on us or anybody really, as I don't think their QB play is going to be very good. But only that the notion that they have nothing at the skill positions, is wrong. They have two first day, possibly first rounder, NFL draft picks at the skill positions on offense.
And I'm not sure what you mean by "Mr. Glass"? Their RB played in every game and rushed for over a 1,000 yards last year. Give me a RB that puts up those numbers while averaging over 5 yards a carry, and you can give him whatever nickname you want.
And yeah, defenses look better than offenses in spring games. Like I said, find some new VT friends to get insight from.

Whether Hodges is a good or bad match up for us is irrelevant to the question of whether he is an elite, high NFL draft pick. My argument hasn't been that these guys will score on us or anybody really, as I don't think their QB play is going to be very good. But only that the notion that they have nothing at the skill positions, is wrong. They have two first day, possibly first rounder, NFL draft picks at the skill positions on offense.
And I'm not sure what you mean by "Mr. Glass"? Their RB played in every game and rushed for over a 1,000 yards last year. Give me a RB that puts up those numbers while averaging over 5 yards a carry, and you can give him whatever nickname you want.
And yeah, defenses look better than offenses in spring games. Like I said, find some new VT friends to get insight from.
I was trying to be nice and discuss this, but you're just being a dyck about it.

My VT friends are idiots, otherwise, they'd be a fan of another school. By definition, they do suck. So I'm not putting it past them for them to be wrong.

However, you're acting like you're entrenched in Fuente's office or some ****. Step off that high horse.

And how we match up with them is certainly pertinent to the greater conversation since I presume we're all Canes fans here. As a Miami fan, I don't care how high so-and-so gets drafted, I care if he is a problem for us or if we can shut him down. I think we can have success matchup-wise with Hodges.

Ford is a matchup problem for anybody...that kid is legit. With our depth issues at CB, he could hurt us. That's the difference between him and Hodges...we don't matchup nearly as well with Ford.

McMillian played well for them last year and probably didn't miss a game, but VT has been snakebitten at the RB position for the past few years as far as injuries go. They need more than 1 good year from 1 RB for me to put that out of mind. If Marshawn Williams is healthy, and McMillian can buck the recent VT RB injury trend, then their RBs will be formidable, but not unstoppable.

And again...

But...who cares. Fvck em. We should beat these dummies in their own house on a Thursday night if Richt & company are who we think they are.

Advertisement
Back