My Game Predictions: UNC

motorcitycane

Senior
TRAP GAME

UNC Coming in
4-2 with losses to Georgia and Florida State.
Critical matchup with Miami in a tilt game for control of the ACC Coastal.

Miami Coming in
Undefeated and fresh off of a program changing win at home vs Florida State. Canes looking to get a big victory in the coastal race.

Offensive Star
RB Elijah Hood
[video=youtube_share;CjZ6EieEnzY]https://youtu.be/CjZ6EieEnzY[/video]

Defensive Star
CB MJ Stewart
[video=youtube_share;vqK_Kzck2vs]https://youtu.be/vqK_Kzck2vs[/video]

Special Teams Demon and one of the best in CFB history
Ryan Switzer
[video=youtube_share;5OC3Yp4T7KI]https://youtu.be/5OC3Yp4T7KI[/video]
[video=youtube_share;1-AvQEr1CG4]https://youtu.be/1-AvQEr1CG4[/video]

(This kid was my expectation for Braxton Berrios when we got Braxton. Hopefully those injuries are behind him. Braxton has always been talented. Kid shined at the opening and every other camp. Is this his year now?)

UNC returns 8 offensive Starters. 5 of those 8 offensive starters were ALL - ACC selections in 2015. They return 7 Defensive starters.

UNC Strengths
- One of the best offensive lines in the country returning two ALL-ACC selections and four of the top 5 lineman.

- WR corps: UNC returns 5 of its top 6 targets from last season that combined for 115 catches and 1,945 yards. That's hella production returning when you lost your top WR.

- Experienced Defensive Line

- 3 of top 4 members of their secondary return. Including ALL-ACC and future nfl CB MJ Stewart.

UNC Weaknesses
- Unproven QB could turn into a strength in a hurry. Mitch Trubisky has experiance in spot duty.

- Rushing defense sure they return 3 of their top 4 Starters but their rushing defense in 2015 was atrocious if no adjustments can be made expect to see Miami Running game have a field day.

- Not a single returning linebacker from a defense that ranked 70th nationally. If these dudes can't step up only real strength of the defense will be the secondary.

Questions for UNC
- Most expect QB Mitch Trubisky to fill the role of Marquise Williams relatively easy with his experiance in the system and weapons he has around him. But will it actually come to fruition?

- Will the rush defense* continue to be atrocious?

- How will the 3 new linebacker starters fare against our slots and Njoku?

Miami Questions
- Our DBS vs their extensive Depth at WR. How will the young and new secondary hold up?

- Rushing defense vs Elijah Hood?

- Can our RB corps run loose?

- Can our receivers create separation against the talented secondary?

Key matchups
WR Stacy Coley vs MJ Stewart
Front 7 vs Elijah Hood

What Happened Last Time?
North Carolinas Ryan Switzer and QB Marquise Williams mocked the U handsigns when they scored. UNC was up 45-0 with 10:56 remaining in the 3rd Quarter. Miami had 12 penalties and the rest was history.

My Prediction
IF this was an away game Miami would lose. Good for us we are at home and rolling. But I will say I think the game is a shootout between uptempo offenses and will be similar to Clemson vs UNC game last season.

Miami 48-UNC 38

Advertisement
I'm confident in this staff, and the future will be brighter after this year. Miami will FINALLY own the ACC... Continue bringing in the horses to dominate the conference!!! ITS GREAT TO BE A CANE!!

Really like this assessment. Good work. Totally with you on the prediction too. Once Richt puts on the tape of the utter disrespect UNC displayed last season the team will have no choice but to want blood. They need payback and in the worst way.

:schuss:

Advertisement
Ima stop reading you prediction threads and assume youll have us winning every game

I have us losing two regular season games. Just not to FSU. Vtech and ND.

I think we finish well at home
2015 5-1 at home.
2014 5-2 at home
2013 6-1 at home
2012 4-2 at home

We've fared well at home even under Golden. Issue was away games. I expect this year's home record to be a clean 6-0 4-2 away record.

Last edited:
Ima stop reading you prediction threads and assume youll have us winning every game

2015 5-1 at home.
2014 5-2 at home
2013 6-1 at home
2012 4-2 at home

We've fared well at home even under Golden. Issue was away games. I expect this year's home record to be a clean 6-0 4-2 away record.

i think we can beat ND, its UNC im most concerned with.

Speaking of home and away records, does anybody know Richts home and away records over his years at Georgia? like did he do better at home vs away

I tell you this much. If we lose this game it will be on Hartley or Diaz. Richts is going to dominate Chizik.

Advertisement
Golsen82 definitely agree. Check out the link I posted they above it has his career numbers.
Home away neutral games.
His record vs ranked teams home away and neutral.
His record vs top ten teams home away and neutral.
His record when he scores first vs when the opponent scores first.

Tons of other good numbers I would post them but I'm on my cell phone.

Last edited:
ND I can buy, but VT? I know Fuente is going to be good for them, but they have no QB, and only decent skill at RB/WR, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing some of their OL. Their D will be stout since Foster is still there...but I just don't see us taking an L to them, even if it is on a Thursday night in Blackturd.

2015 5-1 at home.
2014 5-2 at home
2013 6-1 at home
2012 4-2 at home

Speaking of home and away records, does anybody know Richts home and away records over his years at Georgia? like did he do better at home vs away

Home/Away/Neutral 74-15/46-15/16-18
GEORGIADOGS.COM - Mark Richt Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

Hopefully we won't play many games at neutral sites :sneakiness:

Advertisement
I hate ND but I got them in the CFP. 0 SEC teams in the CFB this year IMO. BIG 10 WINNER ACC WINNER ND AND PAC 12 WINNER Make it.

ND I can buy, but VT? I know Fuente is going to be good for them, but they have no QB, and only decent skill at RB/WR, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing some of their OL. Their D will be stout since Foster is still there...but I just don't see us taking an L to them, even if it is on a Thursday night in Blackturd.

We just somehow always play them tough in VA.

And McGoofy at Ga fired this guy. Coac Richt with Eason at QB would breeze through the SECE this year and play Bama for champs. But lucky for Canes he's here and will do same within 3 years.

Advertisement

2015 5-1 at home.
2014 5-2 at home
2013 6-1 at home
2012 4-2 at home

Home/Away/Neutral 74-15/46-15/16-18
GEORGIADOGS.COM - Mark Richt Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

Hopefully we won't play many games at neutral sites :sneakiness:

Well there goes my optimism on beating ND lol

Advertisement
Back