My Game Predictions: Florida State

Advertisement
I'm almost positive DeAndre François is the starter over McGuire.
I think it will end up being a by-committee thing. If McGuire is hot, they play him. If he's not, they give Francois a shot. McGuire isn't going to be good (or even consistent) all the time, so I expect to see both. Remember, it went back and forth between Golson and McGuire all year last year. Could be the same deal this year with these two.

I'd rather them play Francois against us. He's a talented dude, but he's young. And if our pass rush can rattle him, the possibilities are endless.

He's also mobile which the defense will have to game-plan for as well. Give me the more experienced, less-talented QB over the more talented yet less experienced QB.

[video=youtube;KP7znaB3Yog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP7znaB3Yog[/video]

If we don't collapse the pocket he's gone for 10+ yards.

I saw FSUs spring practice and I wasn't that impressed w Francois. These are highlights so it's showing his best plays, but he wasn't that accurate the entire game...and tbh, being that he knew he wasn't going to get hit made him feel a lot better. I think he's going to develop into a beast, though...but he's no Famous Rapist Winston...that's for sure.

That, and some of those scrambles that Francois made, Kaaya could have ran to green grass for 10-15 yards just like he did. Wide-the-fvck-open.

What I got from watching that video was not to give up the short throws/outlets to Francois, stay sound in coverage (no busts), and make sure you get home on the pass rush. For all of those highlights, he still threw 2 picks.

If they want potential and long term continuity they'll go with Francois or Henry. If Jimbob is thinking one season at a time and reaching the CFB playoff then he will likely go with the veteran to avoid mistakes from the young guys in their big games. Auburn, Miami Clemson UNC Florida

How in gods name are there threads about this game 66 days before the 1st game of the year let alone the 5th?

SMFH

Brad Kaaya has to beat FSU this year, he's going to be hands down the best QB on the field.. There is no excuse.

Houston beat FSU with a 1st-year HC many on this board didn't think was good enough to be the next Miami coach ...

... And he did it with a converted WR playing QB.

... Against a Jimbo Fisher coached team that had a month to prepare for the game.

If Richt and Kaaya are who we think they are, this is the year Canes beat the Noles.

this is why I just can't understand why people think so highly of jimbo fisher

they got rocked by a much less talented team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back