My Fuente Opinion, and the coach it hinges on

@GaryParrishCBS: Frank Beamer is retiring. So the Virginia Tech job is open. And that’s the one Memphis fans should worry about. Perfect for Justin Fuente.

i'll say it now, Fuente at VT would be a nightmare

another nightmare would be he combo of rich Rod and bud foster. Imagine if they started getting those 5* VA kids such as quin blanding and Andrew brown to go to vt instead of Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Btw, when Fuente was at TCU, he essentially had full control over the offense. Patterson let him be. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Fuente, particularly as I read how Patterson runs his entire program. It's so organized and specific. It's a whole philosophy, much like how JJ had a full team philosophy. Fuente is really moving up for me.

I like Fuente and Herman both. I think they would most likely kill it here.

I just like my guy better. Call me a Butch Davidian.

If I'm not mistaken, Herman and Fuente tee it up in the next few weeks. I will hold judgement til then.

Advertisement
If Fuente has such an eye for a talented DC, why wasn't he able to duplicate that with his current DC? Perhaps he just got LUCKY with Odom?

So, Fuente lost Odom to another team. What makes you think he can get Odom back, when he couldn't keep him? BTW, aren't you against attempts to recreate the past?

Isn't it just as likely that Fuente would take his present DC with him?

Memphis also lost 8 starters on D from last year. It isn't so easy to reload at Memphis like it is at Miami.

Does anyone ever check info out before they post?

Barry Odom played for Missouri and coached safeties before he left for the Memphis DC postion. He probably left because he wanted the experience if he was going to move up the ranks along with the pay. Now he is back at Missouri as a DC, my guess is if you want him, you might need to make him a HC. He clearly has shown what he can do as a DC and like DJ Durkin is one of the next future HCs (probably at an AAC school).

Btw, when Fuente was at TCU, he essentially had full control over the offense. Patterson let him be. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Fuente, particularly as I read how Patterson runs his entire program. It's so organized and specific. It's a whole philosophy, much like how JJ had a full team philosophy. Fuente is really moving up for me.

Keep in mind the other TCU OC was fired after Patterson left, Fuente made that offense run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@GaryParrishCBS: Frank Beamer is retiring. So the Virginia Tech job is open. And that’s the one Memphis fans should worry about. Perfect for Justin Fuente.

i'll say it now, Fuente at VT would be a nightmare

another nightmare would be he combo of rich Rod and bud foster. Imagine if they started getting those 5* VA kids such as quin blanding and Andrew brown to go to vt instead of Virginia
Yep. VTs been struggling cause somehow Mike London was taking lots of players from them. Rich Rod at VT with Foster would be a nasty combo. Our hire better be good cause the ACC could get more competitive very soon.

He's been working there for less than a year, and his defense is actually improving significantly as the year goes on.

Why didn't your boy Butch Koresh fire the incredibly incompetent John Shoop? Made a mistake hiring him and then kept him for 4 awful years.

I didn't come on here touting John Shoop.

BTW, I'm going to suggest that Butch consider hiring Odom as his DC. Happy now?

Stick to posting songs. You're all over the place.

Was that too complicated? I'll type slower.

I f O d o m i s g o o d, t h e n B u t c h w i l l h i r e h i m.

See, don't need Fuente.

You're derailing a solid thread with the same Butch Davis stuff. Put a lid on it. There are other threads to discuss Butch, this isn't one of them.

These Butch Koresh cult dudes have Tourette's Syndrome. All they do is post the same "oh yeah, I don't want to hear it just give me Butch" **** in every thread. We get it. It's Butch or death for you guys and you won't hear anyone else's name.

Advertisement
Meh, the former DC at Mizzou is the man who built that defense.

Coach Stec left to be the HC at Missouri State.

Remember, on 9/8 I posted about Fuente being an awesome candidate, so this isn't a slam on Fuente.

I mean do people ever research before they comment?

Last year, Mizzou was 26 and 23 in scoring and total D.

This year, with Fuente's former DC, they are #2 and #9 . A marked improvement, even after losing a first round pass rushing beast in Shane Ray.
And on top of that, they're putting up that D with zero help from their offense.

I didn't come on here touting John Shoop.

BTW, I'm going to suggest that Butch consider hiring Odom as his DC. Happy now?

Stick to posting songs. You're all over the place.

Was that too complicated? I'll type slower.

I f O d o m i s g o o d, t h e n B u t c h w i l l h i r e h i m.

See, don't need Fuente.

You're derailing a solid thread with the same Butch Davis stuff. Put a lid on it. There are other threads to discuss Butch, this isn't one of them.

These Butch Koresh cult dudes have Tourette's Syndrome. All they do is post the same "oh yeah, I don't want to hear it just give me Butch" **** in every thread. We get it. It's Butch or death for you guys and you won't hear anyone else's name.

I'm a Butch Davidian. Proud of it too.

Advertisement
Back