My Depth Chart 2021

Advertisement
Based on everything I have heard about Fall camp I thought I would crank out a depth chart just for the heck of it. Most of the following is a reflection of how I think these battles will shake out based on information from here. Some however (Depth at DE) will be what I would like to see or what I think would be a good idea.
OFFENSE
QB. D'erique King/Tyler Van Dyke/Jake Garcia
RB. Cam Harris/Don Chaney/Jaylan Knighton/Cody Brown/Thad Franklin
LT. Zion Nelson/DJ Scaife
LG. Jalen Rivers/ Justice Oluwaseun
C. Corey Gaynor/Cleveland Reed
RG. Navaughn Donaldson/Ousman Traore
RT. Jarrid Williams/DJ Scaife
TE. Will Mallory/Elijah Arroyo/Dom Mamerelli
WR. C. Rambo/Mike Redding/Romello Brinson
SlotWR. Mike Harley/X. Restrepo/Mark Pope/D. Wiggins
WR. Keyshawn Smith/Jacolby George/B. Smith

DEFENSE
DE. D. Johnson/Zach McCloud/Sam Brooks
DT. Jordan Miller/Nesta Silvera/Quinton Williams
DT. Jon Ford/Jared Harrison Hunte/Leonard Taylor*
DE. Jafari Harvey/Chantz Williams/Elijah Roberts
STR. Gil Frierson/Amari Carter/Chase Smith
MLB. Corey Flagg/T. Austin-Cave*/B. Jennings
WLB. Keontra Smith/W. Steed/Avery Huff
S. Bubba Bolden/K. Kinchens/B.Balom
S. Gurvan Hall/James Williams*/K. Washington
CB. T. Stevenson/Isaiah Dunson/Al Blades
CB. DJ. Ivey/TeCory Couch/ Marcus Clarke
NB. TeCory Couch/Marcus Clarke

This is a talented, experienced and somewhat deep team that should win 10+ games this season including post season.

QB is rock solid and this is the best top 3 Miami has had since the 80's. King is a special player and leader.
RB is loaded. Enough said.
WR is loaded. Much of that is based on projections of fulfilled potential like Redding, K.Smith, X and the 3 freshman but Im still saying we're loaded. That's a ton of speed and talent.

OL should be very good and improved. There is a ton of experience here but depth took a hit with Clark recovering from injury and Campbell out for the season. There is some very intriguing young talent for the future here. Walker, Rodriguez, Washington, McLaughlin and Seymore will be fun to watch to see how they develop.

TE is in great shape with Mallory and Arroyo

As long as the OL does its job this offense should crank out yards and points. Overall this will be an exciting up tempo pass first offense with a ton of weapons. Expect to score and score a lot.

The DE position is a bit up in the air but I believe that this workmanlike group will get better and better throughout the season. They are young and unproven for the most part but there is some talent here without question. This group will benefit greatly from Simpson's coaching and ability to develop players.

Elijah Roberts needs to move to DE full time for this year. He is desperately needed there. Some may disagree but I believe that the staff should move Sam Brooks to DE immediately. I think that the depth situation demands it and I think that Brooks could find a permanent home there. Brooks excels at rushing the passer and in pursuit plus he has put on some very good weight, muscle and strength. Brooks to DE would consist of a situational role as a pass rusher this season. Next off season he can focus on putting on more weight and learning the finer points of the position.

The DT rotation is very solid and experienced. Leonard Taylor will take the group to another level. It wont take long for Taylor to claim a starting spot. I made an edit here because apparently the starting 2 seem to be Ford and Miller for now. Expect the competition at DT to be absolutely insane both leading up to and during the season. Expect different starting combinations until Simpson/Diaz figure out what works best.

The LB position is still a bit shaky and is in a state of transition but like the defense as a whole I expect this group to get better and better as the season goes on. Keontra Smith will solidify WLB. My big take here is Tirek Austin-Cave will take the starting job at MLB at some point during the season if he can stay healthy. Before he got hurt he was coming on like nobody's business which may have been the best news I heard all camp. Flagg, Steed, Huff and Jennings provide depth with Flagg most likely starting at MLB at the beginning of the year.

The Striker position is deep with Frierson, Carter and Smith.

Safety is a deep position. Bolden is the alpha here. James Williams will take Hall's job before the end of the season. Kamren Kinchens reminds me of a more athletic Jaquan Johnson. Kinchens has 5 picks this fall which leads the team. Losing Avantae hurt but we will be more than fine. I'm also very interested in how much Brian Balom has developed since the last time he got significant playing time. K. Washington seems like a tough hard working player who just does his job. I truly hope that Gurvan Hall starts to come into his own but Im not holding my breath. I want to see Bolden take the next step and put it all together into a truly memorable season.

CB boasts a very good and experienced group in Stevenson, Ivey, Couch and Blades. Dunson and Clarke are excellent depth. Stevenson is the lynchpin here. Look for Ivey to surprise many this year. Look for Couch to have a huge season. Keep an eye on Marcus Clarke. That kid can play.

Overall the best team Miami has fielded in 15+ years. 10+ wins is a must.
Tbh I didn't read anything of ur post I was skipping and saw what u said about Sam Brooks!!!! First time I ever saw him he was on ESPN an I've ever seen a player dominate the way he did I had no idea he was a thought for the canes! I was like **** we need that dude an they said he was a Canes commit an I was happy asl!! I agree idc how much he weighs put him at DE an let him do his thing!!! He's jus a savage in the backfield film don't lie and ***** film watch a whole game he was insane good on the edge

Don’t matter if they don’t have the hogs to create holes for them
Nobody is going to confuse us with the 92 Cowboys but I think our line will be good enough this year for our backs to show out. It's going to be the passing game that will open up the run anyway. What exactly is your point?

Last edited:
Lol y’all gonna be so mad when 8 and 6 in the two deep.
I downvoted this post for this simple reason. It is lazy and inconsiderate to other posters when someone just refers to a player by their numbers. I don't read CIS with a game program or printed roster. I don't automatically remember who 8 and 6 are. Why can't someone just post a name? I don't live in South Florida, I don't go to games, and between the last game on TV months ago, and now, I don't remember the numbers.

I'm sorry but this is not meant to be a personal attack or a criticism of the substance of the post, but an expression of frustration with these kinds of posts. Sometimes, posters use nicknames of players which are not common knowledge to all of us. I'm sure I'll get some nasty responses about this or my other posts, many of which are really made tongue-in-cheek, but at this point I'm going to have to search for a roster and look up who 8 and 6 are. I do remember Blades as #7--I think I'm right, but I don't remember guys like Ivey and whoever else these two numbers are. I remember Ivey is probably a single digit so I'll have to see if one of the two is Ivey.

I downvoted this post for this simple reason. It is lazy and inconsiderate to other posters when someone just refers to a player by their numbers. I don't read CIS with a game program or printed roster. I don't automatically remember who 8 and 6 are. Why can't someone just post a name? I don't live in South Florida, I don't go to games, and between the last game on TV months ago, and now, I don't remember the numbers.

I'm sorry but this is not meant to be a personal attack or a criticism of the substance of the post, but an expression of frustration with these kinds of posts. Sometimes, posters use nicknames of players which are not common knowledge to all of us. I'm sure I'll get some nasty responses about this or my other posts, many of which are really made tongue-in-cheek, but at this point I'm going to have to search for a roster and look up who 8 and 6 are. I do remember Blades as #7--I think I'm right, but I don't remember guys like Ivey and whoever else these two numbers are. I remember Ivey is probably a single digit so I'll have to see if one of the two is Ivey.
Pope and Wiggins

Advertisement
I am not totally against having him as a back up plan for DE but I think you're forgetting the fact that he has been injured multiple times. That is why he hasn't made noise at LB. And when he did play (small sample size regardless), he looked solid at MLB.
I didn't forget about his injuries and I know that when healthy he could be a big factor at LB. Having said that, we are now at the end of fall camp and the LB rotation is mostly set for now. I know that Brooks is capable of working hard and moving up the depth chart at MLB and Im fine with that scenario. I made the suggestion because we seem to be having depth issues at DE. The numbers seem fine but outside of Deandre Johnson, nobody else seems to be separating themselves for that other DE spot. Like another poster said, why not have some packages where we put Brooks in a 2 point stance and turn him loose? We could have him with his hand on the ground as well to determine if it is something that could come naturally to him. Brooks could find his niche and he could conceivably bring a much needed spark to the position. I honestly don't see the harm in trying it. Its not like we would be taking a starter away from another position and if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

Advertisement
Back