My Assessment

The offense has been "vanilla" during Golden's entire tenure. Strongly disagree. In life you either get it done or you don't. There is no in between.

I'm not going to call it vanilla for sure until I see us play Nebraska. Our play calling looked exactly the same as it did last year imo.

That's what I'm saying. Our play calling was not vanilla last night. We are running the same plays we usually do.

It was kinda vanilla we ran the same plays all game, crossings and counters all game long

Advertisement
Ah yes, the "no talent" BS again. The issue is not talent at safety - the issue is that Crawford is playing when there are much better alternatives on the now. That is a coaching problem.

Miami has the talent to beat teams like FAU 60-0 and look good while doing so. Absolutely terrible coaching keeps it from happening.

When someone tells you that you won't understand b/c you didn't play, it's pretty much guaranteed that what follows is stupid. FOH with this vanilla nonsense.

Poor choice of word selection haha. I guess everyone's assessment is bias to some degree.
I don't think your assessment is all that crazy on the surface but you're ignoring quite a bit of evidence over the last few years. There's absolutely no reason to think there's some hidden Miami team we are holding back. Our coaches are inept and if a slew of NFL players can't finish above .500 why would anyone expect this group to be any different, other than just blind hope?

Advertisement
We don't run vertical routes because Kaaya would end up in a bodybag somewhere in the blue lot 12 due to the fact that our OL sucks cawlk.

Issues I have that our oline is going is going to get kaaya hurt, I also think due to our inconsistent wr and weak oline we need to go to a two tight end sets and ride our horse's also protect kaaya

On defense I feel we need to go an attacking 43 defense

Thanks for the analysis. I'm glad we have great football minds like yours on this board to point out what everyone else has seen for the last four years.

While we're handing out grades, I give your post a 3. You would have gotten a 4 should you have chosen to use paragraphs.

Too long to read, but I say: poor tackling, shaky offensive line, horrible individual play by the wide receivers....those are the issues we need to fix

This team has plenty of talent, it's all mentality, technique and coaching at this point

Advertisement
I played HS in S Florida and played college ball. Also have many friends who played in the NFL/CFL etc. Coached for a while after college but did not like the fact that I had to move around so much.

With that said.......Al Golden and his staph suck donkey d!ck. If anyone thinks we are headed in the right direction you need your fuggin head examined. This is the same pattern of years past...win early in season then get our **** pushed in. We are not a good team because of our coaching. We are getting rid of our current corching staph at the end of the season and will have a new coaching staff next year.

There is no reason to play vanilla. Execute the offense you want to play and be damned if Nebraska sees it. If it's about surprise and not execution you are already doomed.

Advertisement
I don't buy into us saving our real O for the rest of our schedule. Coley hasn't proven ANYWHERE he has called plays that he can convert third downs. He simply can't do it. There's no secret package that will allow him to escape this fact. Also, if there were "pre-season" games, isn't the goal of pre-season games to work on things you're going to do in the real season? When we get into the teeth of our schedule, we're going to wish we'd have run our real O the first two games so the team would have ironed out the kinks. If we are indeed saving the real O for Nebraska, it's a dumb move. We can out talent Nebraska, even if they know our O. I think it's better for our PLAYERS to know our O than the other team not to.

We are not good enough to decide we are going to run vanilla. Until this offense drops 70 on a lower level opponent, don't come back to me with this vanilla crap. I did not see Art Bries play vanilla in his first game. He's not afraid to show his cards.

Advertisement
Stopped reading when OP **** busted out the "you won't understand my genius because I'm a greaseboard football scientist" schtick. Gotta love all the failed HS dipshyt Al Bundys on here.

Fcking moron boasts about being some sort of football scientist and then follows up with talk about us being intentionally vanilla. Sure thing, Lombardi. We're being vanilla in a tie game in the 3rd quarter where we're in a dog fight and getting outplayed. Makes perfect sense that we'd sit back in some vanilla **** to hide our genius from the next opponent at the risk of losing the game that's currently a death struggle in the 3rd quarter.

When someone tells you that you won't understand b/c you didn't play, it's pretty much guaranteed that what follows is stupid. FOH with this vanilla nonsense.

YeastMode made a fool of himself. Maybe next, with all of his football knowledge, he'll break down the Bethune game and tell us how that was a real Miami defense.

I coached championship teams at every level of football from Pop Warner to the NFL. My assessment is that Folden is the worst HC in football.

Let me start off by saying most of you won't understand this because you never actually played with hand grenades.

When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

Golden is siht. Always was, still is, and will be - and he seems to blow up at the worst times.

Advertisement
Back