Jaquan Johnson
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Tim Irvin
Tyrek Cole
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Tarvarus McFadden
Rashard Causey
Carlton Davis
Davante Davis (someone to keep an eye on)
Rashad Fenton (someone to keep an eye on)

This list is phenomenal. No way we get all. Give me fitz,SBB,Johnson,McFadden Irvin I'm good

We def aren't getting T McFadden, and have a decent shot at Fitzpatrick, but I do believe we have a great shot to land Johnson, Cole, SBB and Irvin.

Advertisement
I want so many great dbs that we convert one to WR like Eddie Brown. We need to go back having our best talent on defense. We destroyed a host of high scoring offensive schemes with that back in the day -- Sooners, Cornhuskers, Houston ..... The spread, read option, and hurry up will be no different. Load defensive with enough talent and speed and you can play more base defense say bring it. You do need fast LBs for it though, and we have moved away from that. Anyone remember Darin Smith covering Houston's fastest WR on deep route step for step? They have been hanging 60 and 70 on people until that night. 2015 is so loaded, we have a shot at that sort of talent again. Well, we can dream.

Wish lists are great just comes down to winning!! They need Jaquan Johnson to commit than others will likely follow. DB class of Johnson, Irvin, Cole & Fitzpatrick would be great

Advertisement
A few things,

First off, nice list. The talent down in So Fl is beyond sick this cycle.

A bunch of special kids like Irvin, Johnson, Ridley, Burgess Becker etc..

There is a different vibe to the kids this year. Much more open to and in tune with the U.

I don't see the divas and knuckleheads like Lane, Wilson, Valentine and Rudolf. Much more respect for the U.

I keep hearing how this class will be 18-20 or 22. I'm not so sure. Look for some attrition this spring/summer and don't be surprised to see a full 25.

3-4 DBs? Look at the talent on that list. Try 5-6.

Getting Jaquan Johnson on board early is a must.

Finally, forget Sony Michel, Lane, Cook.... Guys like Johnson, Irvin, Burgess Becker and Ridley are a must. We absolutely cannot under any circumstances miss on those kids. Golden has a chance to finally establish himself in South Florida. He has the opportunity to legitimize himself and our program in tbe eyes of the elite local talent. This class and specifically the players mentioned could go a long way to meeting that end. Golden knows it too. Let's see what Big Al has learned.

A few things,

There is a different vibe to the kids this year. Much more open to and in tune with the U.

I don't see the divas and knuckleheads like Lane, Wilson, Valentine and Rudolf. Much more respect for the U.

I keep hearing how this class will be 18-20 or 22. I'm not so sure. Look for some attrition this spring/summer and don't be surprised to see a full 25.

Finally, forget Sony Michel, Lane, Cook.... Guys like Johnson, Irvin, Burgess Becker and Ridley are a must. We absolutely cannot under any circumstances miss on those kids. Golden has a chance to finally establish himself in South Florida. He has the opportunity to legitimize himself and our program in tbe eyes of the elite local talent. This class and specifically the players mentioned could go a long way to meeting that end. Golden knows it too. Let's see what Big Al has learned.

Sorry but once again here come the mental gymnastics. What exactly is the different vibe? We were hot out the gate this time last year also, same as 2013. You dont know who the diva knuckle heads are even gonna be. Rudolph was committed to Miami around this time last year, he didnt become a 'diva' til later in the summer when he decommitted. Who is to really say any of the kids you listed for this year cant do the same or are any different. Valentine wasnt even on our radar this time last year, it was Clark that was our main DT target. One of Cook and Sony was probable, Lane wasnt a long shot at all. Finally the line of 'forget Sony Michel, Lane.......', they are/were all musts, if Miami is to get back to being the Miami we all grew up on, we gotta land most of the elite prospects down here. That includes Lane, Sony, etc, not just the new crop of kids.

A few things,

Sorry but once again here come the mental gymnastics. What exactly is the different vibe? We were hot out the gate this time last year also, same as 2013. You dont know who the diva knuckle heads are even gonna be. Rudolph was committed to Miami around this time last year, he didnt become a 'diva' til later in the summer when he decommitted. Who is to really say any of the kids you listed for this year cant do the same or are any different. Valentine wasnt even on our radar this time last year, it was Clark that was our main DT target. One of Cook and Sony was probable, Lane wasnt a long shot at all. Finally the line of 'forget Sony Michel, Lane.......', they are/were all musts, if Miami is to get back to being the Miami we all grew up on, we gotta land most of the elite prospects down here. That includes Lane, Sony, etc, not just the new crop of kids.
If you are looking for the application of the scientific method you won't find it. The above are my opinions based in large part on my gut feeling and instincts so I thought I would share, given the nature of the thread.

No mental gymnastics necessary, just speculation and conjecture from a lifelong Canes fan. If you don't agree with the jist of my post that's ok bro. We can agree to disagree. I'm curious what you think about the talent in the 2015 class and Its significance in terms of building our roster and regaining a solid foothold in South Florida recruiting.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go work on my vault. I'm a little rusty

Advertisement
HurricaneGlory..which is the better McFadden..Kendrell or Tavarus?

Last edited:
also, I want a DT with major BCS offers from schools like Bama, UF, LSU, Georgia, FSU etc.

I'm tired of beating Rutgers, Louisville and USF for DTs.

Moten was a good start, now let's keep this going.

I am thinking :

TD Moton
( he is LSU's backyard but wants to leave Louisiana he commited to Miss St early then backed off and is leaning toward TAM now but they are slow playing him. There is alot of local pressure for LSU but he is a smart kid from a private school so he would love UM),
[video=youtube_share;21SdU_dclXY]http://youtu.be/21SdU_dclXY[/video]

Quentez Johnson

Andrew Ivie
( rising under the radar NT, his brother plays at UF)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1045833/andrew-ivie

Daron Payne ( he is a huge auburn fan, but Mario has managed to flip him to Bama an now Bama leads by a mile. This shows the kid is willing open to going against the grain).
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2219927/highlights/65015375

Those are the players on my wish list for 2015, UM needs 2 war daddy type NT's from the high school ranks.

Go Canes

Last edited:
also, I want a DT with major BCS offers from schools like Bama, UF, LSU, Georgia, FSU etc.

I am thinking :

TD Moton
( he is LSU's backyard but wants to leave Louisiana he commited to Miss St early then backed off and is leaning toward TAM now but they are slow playing him. There is alot of local pressure for LSU but he is a smart kid from a private school so he would love UM),
[video=youtube_share;21SdU_dclXY]http://youtu.be/21SdU_dclXY[/video]

Quentez Johnson

Andrew Ivie
( rising under the radar NT, his brother plays at UF)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1045833/andrew-ivie

Daron Payne ( he is a huge auburn fan, but Mario has managed to flip him to Bama an now Bama leads by a mile. This shows the kid is willing open to going against the grain).
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2219927/highlights/65015375

Those are the players on my wish list for 2015, UM needs 2 war daddy type NT's from the high school ranks.

Go Canes
still angry about losing ivie to uf. ******* BESAT!
young Ivie just got his gator offer last week…. :(
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-offers-another-ivie/

Last edited:
Advertisement

I am thinking :

TD Moton

Go Canes

247 has 30 DTs ranked 4 or 5 stars or high 3 stars. Are we actually in it and pursuing any of them?

Just looking at their interests on 247 (I know that's not an exact science) but none of them seem to be high on Miami.

Advertisement
A few things,

If you are looking for the application of the scientific method you won't find it. The above are my opinions based in large part on my gut feeling and instincts so I thought I would share, given the nature of the thread.

No mental gymnastics necessary, just speculation and conjecture from a lifelong Canes fan. If you don't agree with the jist of my post that's ok bro. We can agree to disagree. I'm curious what you think about the talent in the 2015 class and Its significance in terms of building our roster and regaining a solid foothold in South Florida recruiting.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go work on my vault. I'm a little rusty

The 2015 class is loaded and we must close on that talent but the class down here is pretty weak in terms of DT which still remains our achilles heal. The 2014 and 2015 classes are comprable, but I refuse to get too excited after the disappointment of the last few years. This time last year Lane, Sony and Cook were gonna be Canes. C Thomas was gonna be a battle after our fall out with BTW, Clark was our go to DT lock in S Fl. Yearby wasnt needed and he wasnt as good as Sony and Cook..... Travis Rudolph looked like a great DB prospect for us also. Point being its just way too early to now how things are gonna play out yet.

I am thinking :

TD Moton

Go Canes

247 has 30 DTs ranked 4 or 5 stars or high 3 stars. Are we actually in it and pursuing any of them?

Just looking at their interests on 247 (I know that's not an exact science) but none of them seem to be high on Miami.

UM is looking at players based on Staff evaluation rather than rankings, but the players have to the size and mentality AG wants. AG wants a player that is more team first and willing to play the 2 gap, so generally these players are not 5* or high 4* players,, now there are some that are 4* but you have to really look for them. Notice how Bama doesn't really get many 5* DT's or high 4* stars, its because they don't fit Saban system nor do they want to play in it. Bama's starting NT (Brandon Ivory} was a 0* and his back up ( Darron Lake) was a 2* that bama found at their summer camp.

UM has moved toward targeting the big bodied kids first and especially in this cycle UM needs to land 2 high school NT's and 2 DT's to provide roster depth in 2 years.

We have 1 NT already and are in the hunt for a few others so don't get caught up in the rankings.

Go Canes

There are two other LB's on my 2015 wish list that are in play for Miami, one has an offer the other doesn't but does have UM in his Top 6. He is not a track guy in terms of speed but makes up for it High FBI and instincts that when coupled with his high motor he becomes a sideline to sideline tackling machine.

I would also add DE/OLB Scott Patchans ( a canes legacy)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1437050/scotty-patchan

Cameron Smith is the nations #5 ILB he has UM in his top 6 despite not having a UM offer.

Granite Bay junior is growing into a leader | Auburn Journal

Granite Bay Today| Top players seek scholarship offers

2015 LB Cameron Smith JR year highlights
Cameron Smith - - Hudl - Hudl

================================================== =====================

Jamie Gordinier ILB from New Jersey the kid has speed and size AG is looking for combined with FBI. He also carries a 3.5 gpa. Taken as a whole this why he has a UM offer. An I think staff has stressed to him that UM has limited space at LB this year so decision on his part needs to be made early.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ne_of_the_hottest_linebackers_in_theu_st.html

[video=youtube_share;gMWVZZaUKF0]http://youtu.be/gMWVZZaUKF0[/video]

I don't know why you guys are so worried about DT. Have you not been following Miami recruiting? We just landed a handful of DTs in this last cycle. We're done recruiting DTs for a good three or four years.

Advertisement
Back