My .02 FSU Week (Relatively Long)

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Could this have been a better week? Like seriously; think about the last time CFB gave Miami and it's fan a week like this. Forget us beating FSU for a moment (not really, since I'll be touching on that soon), but the "DBU Gaytors" lost.....17-16 to a L$U team who paid close to $1m to get smacked by Troy football team! Lol. The Gaytors and L$U were stuck at 17-16 for almost 2 quarter! Lol. Yet somehow Flawrida is a place where all recruits wanna come?? What; to commit a crime?? Anyways, I digress, I digress.

Also, the week had two more top 10 teams lose. Great weekend for us.

But on to what's most important; 7 years we had to hear that stupid, obnoxious war-chant. 7 years we had to hear about recruits cooling on us after we lost to FSU. 3 of the last 4 years we had to witness our hearts being ripped out in the most maniacal ways possible. 7 years of seeing our players give up after losing to FSU. 7 years of doom and gloom. Now, brethren, we can hold our heads up high again!! Now we can look at this season w/ the most positivity we've had in a long, LOOOONG time.

First off, Rosier.....I don't care what his completion % were (although if the refs would've called some def P.I on some of his passes, maybe we wouldn't have waited to the waning secs to win, and his #'s would've been better) dude flat out balled WHEN IT MATTERED (in my [MENTION=230]I'm james Jackson brother[/MENTION] voice). He showed so much swag on the road....that's what a Cane is all about, the belief that no matter what, we're winning. I'm not going to bash Kaaya; again, I thought he did well for us, but Kaaya didn't have that bravado. Rosier has that, and that's why we'll be playing in the ACCCG this season.

Second, props to the OL. They played their tails off, didn't they?! Yes, there were a few protection issues, but for 90% of the game, they held their own, creating clean pockets.

Third, sit my man Walton down. There were a couple of runs where the hole was there, but b/c he didn't have that explosion, by the time he saw it, it closed. He also tried to bounce it out several times, when the yardage was inside. He's not right, and it's a shame, but give T.H some love! Not only did he have the Mr Perfect supplex on #89 for FSU, but on that last drive....HUGE runs!! His speed and power is ridiculous; he looks like a true running back. Was ecstatic when got him, and even happier he's getting burn, but he needs more of it!

Fourth, less Cager, more Langham. Maybe Cager is still not 100% but that boy is playing as if he's 5'5 instead 6'5. His push is slow as molasses, and when it's time to jump, I've seen 450lb men w/ more verticle. W/ Langham, all I've seen him do, thus far, is be strong w his hands, track the ball, and be a big WR. Let the young man play. But on the real; Shout out to that guy Dugans! Whether it's our WRs catching, blocking or his recruiting, dude has earned his check. I pray he stays on staff for a long, long time.

Fifth, speaking of WRs....let's go Brax!!!! Shake them haters off boy! We wanted him here. I specifically remembered certain posters saying they preferred Berrios over Dixon after Dixon committed to OSU. He's been getting nothing but bull chit from our fans ever since. Even before the season started, certain posters scoffed and moaned at the idea of him returning punts, even though the previous season, he was one of the best PR statistically in the nation. Look at that boy shine now, including setting up his own TD w a great PR. We begged for him to be in the slot, and right now, he's becoming Pac-Man gobbling up yards and completions. Very proud of him.

Sixth, for the most part I was pleased w the def...they kept giving the O opportunity after opportunity. Chad, RJ, Pinckney, and Joe Jack were literally having their jerseys pulled off of them while going after Blackman. Easily could've had 10 sacks, yesterday, and way more TFL....but if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. So let's talk about what happened:
-Great pressure, but poor tackling. I need Shaq and McCloud to step up. I need the "THUD" method to go away.

-Knowles was on the field way too much and it bit us on that potential game winning TD by FSU

-Diaz needs to know when to blitz, when to play zone, when to play press...the helter skelter
alignments, substitution, and calls have to be
reformed. I do think he's a solid, solid D-coordinator, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit.

-Our def have these lapses, man, and it's always at the wrong time towards the end. That needs to
be cleaned up. Honestly, if Cook was still playing, some of those big runs would've been TDs.

Regardless, another dark cloud have been lifted from the program. I'm so happy to see another Sr class not having to experience not knowing what it felt like to beat FSU. I think I took for granted what it felt like to beat them, b/c never was I so overcome w joy after seeing these boys pull it off. Annnnd Malik needs to have a statue erected....leading a come back w 1:24 on the clock from the 25? Folklore worthy.

The Golden era has officially ended! The thoughts of Richt not being able to win the big game, that monkey is off his back as well. Most coaches would've played for the tie, including UGA Richt, but Richt w the yayo connect, goat tee? He's showing his balls are just as big as the other famed, "elite" coaches in CFB. It's s new day for our program, folks...we're still not 100% back, but when the studs from the class of 18 come in and form, arguably, the best 3 year recruiting cycles we've had since Butch....U already know.

It's truly great to be a Miami Hurricane...next victim, GT. See ya'll next week, and as always, Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
A1 post Rell. Ima neeed one of yall computer gurus to post AR3 layin the wood on that block AND Homer with the German suplex on that poor Fswho guy. Them two plays along with the game winnin score had me on the verge of a heart attack considering we had Hurricane Nate coming towards us as well.

:rickflair2::rickflair2::rickflair2::rickflair2:

I personally will have our DB’s like this:
I would move Delaney to S.

CB-Young
CB-Bandy
CB-Dean
S-Delaney
S-Johnson

Sit - Knowles he looks lost out there.

Advertisement
Rellyrell, agree with everything you've posted. It was not a pretty performance by any of our units, but think about this -- they went to Tally facing a desperate Noles team that wanted nothing more than to destroy our season and salvage theirs. Add to that, yeah the Noles have lost a lot of good players over the years, but they are still stacked with blue chippers up and down their roster. Over the last 10 years, they finished outside the Top 10 Class Rankings only twice, I believe. Point is, they were the more talented team by far.

Give Richt the 2018 class to beef up the OL talent and the secondary - our positions of biggest need -- and improve talent depth throughout the rest of the roster -- namely LB, RB and TE. By 2019, we'll be able to line up with Bama, Clemson and Ohio St and hold our own easily.

Make no bones about it -- this was a signature win that the program needed. The streak is over and now we've earned some respect throughout the CFB world.

Rellyrell, agree with everything you've posted. It was not a pretty performance by any of our units, but think about this -- they went to Tally facing a desperate Noles team that wanted nothing more than to destroy our season and salvage theirs. Add to that, yeah the Noles have lost a lot of good players over the years, but they are still stacked with blue chippers up and down their roster. Over the last 10 years, they finished outside the Top 10 Class Rankings only twice, I believe. Point is, they were the more talented team by far.

Give Richt the 2018 class to beef up the OL talent and the secondary - our positions of biggest need -- and improve talent depth throughout the rest of the roster -- namely LB, RB and TE. By 2019, we'll be able to line up with Bama, Clemson and Ohio St and hold our own easily.

Make no bones about it -- this was a signature win that the program needed. The streak is over and now we've earned some respect throughout the CFB world.

Sad thing is, bro....I don't think we've earned enough respect from this win. Heard some say FSU lost this game vs. us beating them. How can the U be back if they barely beat a wounded FSU team. That's why we gotta keep pushing. They don't want us to be great again. That's OK...its always been us against the world and I'm quite fine w that. Honestly, that was one of the best games in our storied rivalry ever. Right up there w that 2000 season.

Love the write up [MENTION=9116]Rellyrell[/MENTION], I was very impressed with Homer, that dude is sweet and sour when he runs with the rock. He’s sweet, when he hits the gap and cuts for his yards, and sour when he punishes the tackler trying to stop him and leaves them with that sour face look. LOL
I’m glad that monkey is off ALL OUR BACKS!! Props to the team..
Dude, it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Advertisement
The life blood of any college team is recruiting and the thought of how another loss would affect this class was disturbing.

This victory was huge not only for this seasons Won-Loss record but for the health of the 2018 class.

Sad thing is, bro....I don't think we've earned enough respect from this win. Heard some say FSU lost this game vs. us beating them. How can the U be back if they barely beat a wounded FSU team. That's why we gotta keep pushing. They don't want us to be great again. That's OK...its always been us against the world and I'm quite fine w that. Honestly, that was one of the best games in our storied rivalry ever. Right up there w that 2000 season.

True, we do need to keep winning. No doubt. Noles gained ground in recruiting by not only beating us but winning their division and occassionally winning the conference.

This win could be huge for recruiting. While some kids want to be part of rebuilding THE U, just about every kid would want to be part of THE U they see on 30 for 30. The minute they think we are back, they will flock to us and every stud that signs here is one less for FSU, gator, bama, osu and the likes. The combination of us getting stronger and them getting weaker is the secret to a new dynasty. Take SO FL stud off each top team and put him on Miami. We will be THE U and they will be good teams that might bet us if we let them -- just like the old days. Mark has the sword he needs in his hands to be what he never was at UGA; the killer of other programs.

Advertisement
Only reason why I could see playing Cager and Knowles for any extended period of time is to help spell guys to prevent injury.I saw Cager flop and intentionally miss play balls about 10 times.

Advertisement
Good read. Pretty much explains the combination of relief, joy, and optimism I've had going since yesterday. It's been such a long **** time coming, too. Really happy for Berrios & Rosier as well as deeply disappointed for Walton. Hoping he bounces back good as new.

Only reason why I could see playing Cager and Knowles for any extended period of time is to help spell guys to prevent injury.I saw Cager flop and intentionally miss play balls about 10 times.

Langham should get the nod over Cager from here on out. Kid has battled and earned it...not just this game at the end, kid had a solid game against BCU and inexplicably never saw the field on offense during the Duke game.

Knowles needs to GTFOH...kid is slow, and to make matters worse, he doesn't know his role in defensive sets. Sure, you can semi correct the Where's Waldo portion of his game, but did I mention he slow?!? Kid is slower than Christmas. I have to believe that Romeo Bone Finley can do better than that as the third safety...if not, give me Carter the Frosh. Rather Carter get reps and miss on a few than a Junior who is slow and doesn't know the playbook.

For all the Choc lovers...your time has unfortunately come. I will be the first to eat Crow, and I hope I get to gobble that shït up, if Choc becomes our solid rb2...but this would mean the kid needs to be able to catch out of the backfield and more importantly pass block for Rosie. Never have I wanted to be more wrong about someone...time will tell.

Everyone keeps saying Deejay Dallas to rb, but if Redwine is out for a long period of time, why not Deejay to Safety?!? Kid is quick, has good size.

Advertisement
Back